PDA

View Full Version : I got warning points for this?

Section126
02-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Nevermind that....he's now 15 and has some type of "opinion".

I got 4 warning points for this.

How does this warrant warning points?

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I got 4 warning points for this.

How does this warrant warning points?Attacking the posters age still counts as a personal attack. I can tell you that if had just been that post, I probably wouldn't have given out warning points, but there were several other posts that were very antagonistic in nature, and many were borderline personal insults, at the very least, they would've counted as annoyance.

I gave an across the Pofo warning the other day, threads like that will no longer be tolerated.

Section126
03-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Attacking the posters age still counts as a personal attack. I can tell you that if had just been that post, I probably wouldn't have given out warning points, but there were several other posts that were very antagonistic in nature, and many were borderline personal insults, at the very least, they would've counted as annoyance.
I gave an across the Pofo warning the other day, threads like that will no longer be tolerated.

You are now policing what the "tone" of a post is?

The thread is there. I did nothing to warrant a single point. I hope that at least 4 other members have the same or more points than me. What I did in that thread happens all the time in the PoFo.

If the mods are now trying to discern the "tone" of a post and thus do their mod work based on that....then we got a serious problem in the PoFo.

Section126
03-01-2006, 12:11 AM
BTW...at least two other posters in that thread "attacked" his age.

I hope they didn't get warning points.

TheAnswer385
03-01-2006, 12:13 AM
:jt0323:

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 12:17 AM
BTW...at least two other posters in that thread "attacked" his age.

I hope they didn't get warning points.Other punishments that were handing out are between them and the staff.

And as to the tone, yes, it is being policed also. The political forum should be the forum with the MOST intelligent Debate, not the most cleverly disguised personal attacks.

Everyone has heard their grandmother say: "don't get the tone with me!" Tone is very important, and the right tone enables posters to keep conversation civil towards each other and brings out new ideas.

Buddwalk
03-01-2006, 12:20 AM
I say good call WB :wink:

Section126
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
I say good call WB :wink:

:toilet:

Section126
03-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Other punishments that were handing out are between them and the staff.

And as to the tone, yes, it is being policed also. The political forum should be the forum with the MOST intelligent Debate, not the most cleverly disguised personal attacks.
Everyone has heard their grandmother say: "don't get the tone with me!" Tone is very important, and the right tone enables posters to keep conversation civil towards each other and brings out new ideas.

If this is true. I guess there won't be a political Forum left after you are done with it.

Hey...good luck with it. I somehow don't believe that you are handing out all of these warnings.

Are you making me an example?

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 01:17 AM
If this is true. I guess there won't be a political Forum left after you are done with it.

Hey...good luck with it. I somehow don't believe that you are handing out all of these warnings.

Are you making me an example?I don't care what you believe, you can either be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution. No one is asking you to follow any rules that weren't already in place.

Section126
03-01-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't care what you believe, you can either be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution. No one is asking you to follow any rules that weren't already in place.

I don't want you to care about what I believe.

I just don't like being singled out over nothing, which this is.

I am very impressed that Press Coverage made such a pest of himself that the moderation in the PoFo will reach this extreme. I congratulate him.

I am just saying that if this is the new attitude. I hope that it is real. it will be interesting to see.

You know those points I recieved weren't warranted...especially since nobody else probably got none.

I am done with this and might be done with the PoFo to boot.

TerryTate
03-01-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't want you to care about what I believe.

I just don't like being singled out over nothing, which this is.

I am very impressed that Press Coverage made such a pest of himself that the moderation in the PoFo will reach this extreme. I congratulate him.

I am just saying that if this is the new attitude. I hope that it is real. it will be interesting to see.

You know those points I recieved weren't warranted...especially since nobody else probably got none.

I am done with this and might be done with the PoFo to boot.

You're actually making an example of yourself by publicly demanding explanation about an incident, rather than deal with it via PM. If PressCoverage or any other past violator of the policies in the PoFo came into the complaints/comments/suggestions section and demanded answers, then we would explain publicly, as it was demanded publicly.

Many people have been dealt with involving the Pofo, they just don't bring it to a public eye.

Section126
03-01-2006, 01:51 AM
You're actually making an example of yourself by publicly demanding explanation about an incident, rather than deal with it via PM. If PressCoverage or any other past violator of the policies in the PoFo came into the complaints/comments/suggestions section and demanded answers, then we would explain publicly, as it was demanded publicly.
Many people have been dealt with involving the Pofo, they just don't bring it to a public eye.

Uhh...Press Coverage did do exactly that.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123391

Deal with it via PM? Everybody knows that none of the mods answer PM's.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten warning points for nothing. Maybe that's it...could it be?

Anyways...who cares.

TerryTate
03-01-2006, 01:59 AM

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten warning points for nothing. Maybe that's it...could it be?

Anyways...who cares.

And we did exactly what I said we would do....I just overlooked PC's inquiry into a Pofo incident (been very busy lately).

The link you supplied just proves that we don't make examples out of anyone, they do so themselves.

I answer my PMs as much as possible.

Section126
03-01-2006, 02:05 AM
And we did exactly what I said we would do....I just overlooked PC's inquiry into a Pofo incident (been very busy lately).

The link you supplied just proves that we don't make examples out of anyone, they do so themselves.

I answer my PMs as much as possible.

Well I appreciate your view TT, but you weren't the guy that got warning points for nothing.

In Short....it is my opinion that the forum that should have the least moderation should be the PoFo and it is apparantly going to recieve the strictest moderation of all. "Tone" will now be policed.

Go Heat...I guess....:sidelol:

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 02:38 AM
This thread isn't about anyone else but you section. You're starting to sound like the felon that wants to take someone else down with them when they get caught. I am not going to discuss anyone one else's case in this thread, If you want to take issue with the fact you were given warning points Pm Admin.

Section126
03-01-2006, 02:53 AM
This thread isn't about anyone else but you section. You're starting to sound like the felon that wants to take someone else down with them when they get caught. I am not going to discuss anyone one else's case in this thread, If you want to take issue with the fact you were given warning points Pm Admin.

Caught for what? That's the whole point. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

Shouldn't you be monitoring the "tone" of the posts or something?

I'm not wasting my time with a Pm to an Admin...Press Coverage has complained so much to everybody that would listen that any subsequent complaints will probably be ignored.

Like I said....WHO CARES. Besides me of course.

King Felix
03-01-2006, 03:08 AM
how long do the points last??

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 03:11 AM
how long do the points last??30 days, unless someone is a repeat offender, in which case the points and time could double.

King Felix
03-01-2006, 03:19 AM
so for 30 days of 4 warning points that no1 can see, was it really worth this argument?

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 03:22 AM
so for 30 days of 4 warning points that no1 can see, was it really worth this argument?To each his own. That's why we have the question forum, so that these issues can be worked out in a civil manner. (hopefully.):cooldude:

Section126
03-01-2006, 03:22 AM
BTW...the Warning System rules state that the way you "protest" warning points is by posting a complaint in the Questions an Suggestions forum and a PM to the Staff member that issued the points.

So Bill....it seems that PMing an Admin would be a NONO....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123402

I read the rules of these points and I might as well ban myself for 30 days...

What genius thought this crap up?

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 03:32 AM
BTW...the Warning System rules state that the way you "protest" warning points is by posting a complaint in the Questions an Suggestions forum and a PM to the Staff member that issued the points.

So Bill....it seems that PMing an Admin would be a NONO....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123402

I read the rules of these points and I might as well ban myself for 30 days...

What genius thought this crap up?As to pming admin, since I suggested you do that, it wouldn't count against you.

As to the rest of these issues, again, you may need to contact admin.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I feel ya Section....

I've been given three warning points over the last two weeks....

1 Point - Knowingly posting in the wrong forum. I wanted one of my posts to be read by the majority of the board members here, so I posted it on the main page. That's considered breaking the rules....

2 Points - Editing another members post. Some said to me, "You're the worst poster ever." All I did was change his quote to "You're the best poster ever". Changing the word from "worst" to "best" warranted warning poitnts....

I think more and more members will come around, and begin to see this method of policing the board as a very poor idea. Nobody deserves warning points for these ticky tacky offenses, and it's a shame what's become of Finheaven lately IMO. This use to be a place where you could voice your opinions without getting banned in the process....

On top of that, and what makes this situation even worse, is that the majority of the modz / admin here act like they could care less what the we think....

PHINZ RULE!!!

The Samurai
03-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Section 126 is lucky not to have more warning points. His tone is usually a lil borderline.

Section126
03-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Section 126 is lucky not to have more warning points. His tone is usually a lil borderline.

:sidelol:

Says the guy that is lucky to not have been banned already.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I feel ya Section....

I've been given three warning points over the last two weeks....

1 Point - Knowingly posting in the wrong forum. I wanted one of my posts to be read by the majority of the board members here, so I posted it on the main page. That's considered breaking the rules....Okay....since you want to make your specific situation public.....

A post titled "Why all the moved threads!!??" clearly doesn't belong in the Dolphins forum nor does it belong in The General NFL forum....the TWO places you started the same thread....being a member for almost 4 years, you should know that by now.

You got one violation for that and you've moaned about for over a week now, when in fact, you should be thankful that you didn't get two.

2 Points - Editing another members post. Some said to me, "You're the worst poster ever." All I did was change his quote to "You're the best poster ever". Changing the word from "worst" to "best" warranted warning poitnts....You weren't completely truthful here....

This is the entire post....link (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2093542&postcount=46)

You changed the quote in order to get in your witty personal attack retaliation....hmmm, come to think of it, that probably should have been 4 points, instead of just 1 for changing the quote....

I think more and more members will come around, and begin to see this method of policing the board as a very poor idea. Nobody deserves warning points for these ticky tacky offenses, and it's a shame what's become of Finheaven lately IMO. This use to be a place where you could voice your opinions without getting banned in the process....

On top of that, and what makes this situation even worse, is that the majority of the modz / admin here act like they could care less what the we think....

PHINZ RULE!!!

When you can prove that you're being harassed and you're not breaking any rules, then I'm sure this problem that you're having would be solved by the FinHeaven Higher Powers but, until that day....the problems you're having, are of your own doing and the only person responsible for making sure you don't get banned is you.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
This is the off-season!!!!....

This time of year should be considered "peacetime"....

Nobody is here to get into trouble or cause problems on purpose, we're just posting various opinions on subjects at hand. Whether it's FA / Drafting / or just retreaded Phinz news, it's all suppose to be in good fun....

I'll admit that those first warning points I recieved from inFINS were justified. I did knowingly post twice in the wrong thread. Case closed.

My latest offense however is a joke in my opinion, and should be taken to the Finheaven Supreme Court. One member insults me, and I play it off by changing a negative into a positive. In doing so I changed his quote. BIG DEAL. I could have lashed out at him, and caused a confrontation, I didn't choose to do that, and yet I still get punished. I just don't get it....

There's nothing I can do about it, but it still bothers me that something as ticky tack as that warrants "warning points" being given. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until someone changes the flaws in this system...

PHINZ RULE!!!

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 01:34 PM

I'll admit that those first warning points I recieved from inFINS were justified. I did knowingly post twice in the wrong thread. Case closed. Thank you.

My latest offense however is a joke in my opinion, and should be taken to the Finheaven Supreme Court. One member insults me, and I play it off by changing a negative into a positive. In doing so I changed his quote. BIG DEAL. I could have lashed out at him, and caused a confrontation, I didn't choose to do that, and yet I still get punished. I just don't get it....

PHINZ RULE!!!
Next time, report the post instead of violating the TOS yourself....altering someone's quote is a point worthy offense.

You are the best poster ever.

Thanks. I can't say the same about you however....:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!

How do you rationalize that what you did here was turn a negative into a positive?

You edited his quote so that you could attack him in retaliation.

Now, maybe I'm wrong to give you 1 point for changing his quote, perhaps I should change it to 4 points for the personal attack?

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 02:07 PM
How do you rationalize that what you did here was turn a negative into a positive?

You edited his quote so that you could attack him in retaliation.

It was a joke man, I'm not sure why I did it, but my intentions weren't for retaliation purposes, but moreso to teach him a lesson when it comes to attacking posters. It was a simple way of helping myself deal with being insulted. That's how I approached it when I was responding to him....

Maybe I was wrong in making the comments "I can't say the same about you", but that's just my nature. I don't enjoy being insulted, and in my opinion, his response should have never been added to the topic that was at hand to begin with. You know, as in moderated, and deleted from existance before being read....

Now, maybe I'm wrong to give you 1 point for changing his quote, perhaps I should change it to 4 points for the personal attack?

Whatever makes you feel superior is fine by me. Points, no points, it's all just silly childishness in my opinion. There's no real need to punish anyone for these minimal infractions. But hey, it's not my call, so I guess I'll just remain the victim as a result....

I think you and I have cleared the air concerning our personal opinions, so if you don't mind, I'd like to move onto something more important than "warning points"....My toilet needs a serious cleaning....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Whatever makes you feel superior is fine by me. .

This is your main problem.. He is superior to you, at least, on this message board.

Just play by the rules and deal with it.

This diatribe you have going on here makes you look pretty damn bad.

PressCoverage
03-01-2006, 02:16 PM

Anyways...who cares.

For the record, Section... I had nothing to do with bringing that post here... That post was spliced off another in the PoFo and put here by a moderator... Slight difference...

But nice try at dragging me down with you....

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
It was a joke man, I'm not sure why I did it, but my intentions weren't for retaliation purposes, but moreso to teach him a lesson when it comes to attacking posters. It was a simple way of helping myself deal with being insulted. That's how I approached it when I was responding to him....

Maybe I was wrong in making the comments "I can't say the same about you", but that's just my nature. I don't enjoy being insulted, and in my opinion, his response should have never been added to the topic that was at hand to begin with. You know, as in moderated, and deleted from existance before being read....

Whatever makes you feel superior is fine by me. Points, no points, it's all just silly childishness in my opinion. There's no real need to punish anyone for these minimal infractions. But hey, it's not my call, so I guess I'll just remain the victim as a result....

I think you and I have cleared the air concerning our personal opinions, so if you don't mind, I'd like to move onto something more important than "warning points"....My toilet needs a serious cleaning....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

You forgot to add...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. :wink:

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
This is your main problem.. He is superior to you, at least, on this message board.

I know that inFINS is superior, that's why I said it. My problem isn't his status per say, but the way he chooses to excercises it. The same goes for you, or any other VIP who thinks their **** don't stink.

Perfect Example : THE VIP FORUM - It was created for the sole purpose of VIP's being able to have discussion amongst themselves. In simpler terms, seperating themselves from the rest of the members who are not VIP's....

Just play by the rules and deal with it.

Listen, I respect your opinion. That said, respect mine in return.....

This diatribe you have going on here makes you look pretty damn bad.

How I look should not be your concern. But thanks for being honest....

I may look bad to certain members here, but I'm not an insecure individual. What other members think of me is not me reason for being a member here. I just want discuss football, and have a fun time doing it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
You forgot to add...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. :wink:

Coming from an ADMIN, I expected something alittle more insulting....:wink:

PHINZ RULE!!!

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I was going for funny. :)

Section126
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
For the record, Section... I had nothing to do with bringing that post here... That post was spliced off another in the PoFo and put here by a moderator... Slight difference...

But nice try at dragging me down with you....

To drag somebody down with me...I would have to be going down...I am not.

But hey...thanks for destroying the PoFo.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
I was going for funny. :)

Open to some advice??? Don't give up your day job....

PHINZ RULE!!!

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Open to some advice??? Don't give up your day job....

PHINZ RULE!!!
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
To drag somebody down with me...I would have to be going down...I am not.

But hey...thanks for destroying the PoFo.let me get this straight... Expecting people to follow the rules and discuss the topics at hand rather than each other is destroying the PoFo? Using that logic, you must believe the opposite was true before today.

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
How many points do you get until your banned or suspended?

Just alot of talk and I already read they go away after 30 days or 60 days for repeat offenders.

Alex44
03-01-2006, 03:46 PM
The post was against me and truthfully I had no problem with it

Seems like the mods are a little strict on this

Section126
03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
let me get this straight... Expecting people to follow the rules and discuss the topics at hand rather than each other is destroying the PoFo? Using that logic, you must believe the opposite was true before today.

That wasn't directed at you Bill.

It was directed at who brought down all this Heat.

Section126
03-01-2006, 03:51 PM
The post was against me and truthfully I had no problem with it

:sidelol: Now I even got the offended party agreeing with me.

Buddwalk
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I think the mods are doing a hell of a job managing the forums...section just live with your penalty and move on in life :wink:

Section126
03-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I think the mods are doing a hell of a job managing the forums...section just live with your penalty and move on in life :wink:

:moon:

byroan
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Seems like something a repeat offender would say.

Section126
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM

He's a repeat offender? So now I got warning point for nothing directed at a repeat offender?

yes...I am harping on this.

Philter25
03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
............. I really need to start hanging out in the PoFo. :yes:

Buddwalk
03-01-2006, 04:49 PM

Oh diss :chuckle:

The Samurai
03-01-2006, 04:50 PM
:moon:

Dude everytime. This happens like 3 times a year with you, You go about and have a bitter attitude towards everyone. Just look at your posts. Everytime someone is in disagreement with you, you smart off at the mouth. And as soon as a mod gets on your butt about it you come crying over here. Let it rest already, its not like they are going to cut your paycheck. JEEEEZZZ:shakeno:

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
That wasn't directed at you Bill.

It was directed at who brought down all this Heat.you weren't the only one in that group, and if they start in with the inappropriate posts, they'll get warning points also. :wink:

Alex44
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM

Ive been warned twice

Once for posting in the wrong forum on accident

Once for a personal thing

byroan
03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Ive been warned twice

Might want to re-check your warning logs.

No need to explain why you've been warned, I can see it.

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
The same goes for you, or any other VIP who thinks their **** don't stink.

Just to clarify things for you, my tune hasn't changed since the day I joined this forum. It has nothing to do with my Premium membership. I don't think my **** doesn't stink but I can see how posters like yourself, whom I disagree with on a daily basis on just about every issue that gets disscussed, percieve it that way.

Perfect Example : THE VIP FORUM - It was created for the sole purpose of VIP's being able to have discussion amongst themselves. In simpler terms, seperating themselves from the rest of the members who are not VIP's....

The VIP forum was created to raise funds and to provide a place where garbage threads and post(s)(ers) are kept down to the minimum, period.

You can look into it as more than that but all it shows to me is, insecurity.

NJFINSFAN1
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
This kind of reminds me of my kids. Why did you hit your sister I say, I didn't mean to she says. But you did I say, but it was an accident she says. I say don't let it happen again, she says okay.

10 minutes later I'm saying, why did you hit your sister again, shes says I didn't mean it!

And it goes on and on!

Play by the rules, or don't play at all!

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:09 PM
:sidelol: Now I even got the offended party agreeing with me.

Oh you'll get people (rebels in life) to agree with you but they WILL ALWAYS BE THE MINORITY!

inFINSible
Hey, BK, why don't you just choke up 24 bucks and become a VIP??

FIN-IN-RI
This kind of reminds me of my kids. Why did you hit your sister I say, I didn't mean to she says. But you did I say, but it was an accident she says. I say don't let it happen again, she says okay.

10 minutes later I'm saying, why did you hit your sister again, shes says I didn't mean it!

And it goes on and on!

Play by the rules, or don't play at all!

NJ, this is it in a nutshell.. It's all childish crying IMO.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Might want to re-check your warning logs.

No need to explain why you've been warned, I can see it.

No offense Byroan, but shouldn't you be in the arcade, and blowing away all the competition in sight, instead of wasting your time as a Super Moderator???...

At least playing video games is something I can say you're truly qualified at doing, and have experience with. :sidelol: :sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey, BK, why don't you just choke up 24 bucks and become a VIP??

Yeah why not.. We all know he'd love it there. It's not like he can't join VIP........

byroan
03-01-2006, 05:12 PM
No offense Byroan, but shouldn't you be in the arcade, and blowing away all the competition in sight, instead of wasting your time as a Super Moderator???...

At least playing video games is something I can say you're truly qualified at doing, and have experience with. :sidelol: :sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!
Shouldn't you be reading the TOS and working on becoming a better member of FH?

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 05:12 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!you obviously want more warning points.

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh you'll get people (rebels in life) to agree with you but they WILL ALWAYS BE THE MINORITY!

HUH? Actually No. So the only people that agree with me are "rebels in life"? And "ALWAYS"?

I would say that anybody with eyes that can see would agree with me. But hey..there are alot of people that have had eye injuries so....who knows....

Rocky Raccoon
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
you obviously want more warning points.

just ban him...he obviously has a big problem with this place and the rules.

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
HUH? Actually No. So the only people that agree with me are "rebels in life"? And "ALWAYS"?

About the issue at hand? Yes.

You attacked the poster and you got warning points. Cut and dry, no?

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Dude everytime. This happens like 3 times a year with you, You go about and have a bitter attitude towards everyone. Just look at your posts. Everytime someone is in disagreement with you, you smart off at the mouth. And as soon as a mod gets on your butt about it you come crying over here. Let it rest already, its not like they are going to cut your paycheck. JEEEEZZZ:shakeno:

Really? This is the first time I complain in this forum. I will when you make one useful post on this site. Deal?

I just love those that just make things up out of thin air. Very creative.

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
About the issue at hand? Yes.

You attacked the poster and you got warning points. Cut and dry, no?

I did not attack the poster. The post is right there for all to see. The thread is there for all to see. So no...not cut and dry. What is cut and dry is that I got warning points for nothing.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I did not attack the poster. The post is right there for all to see. The thread is there for all to see. So no...not cut and dry. What is cut and dry is that I got warning points for nothing.
And basically those warning points amount to nothing as long as you don't do it again within thiry days.

Are you worried that you won't be able to control yourself for thirty days?

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:36 PM
And basically those warning points amount to nothing as long as you don't do it again.

It's still warning points Infins...it makes you watch everything you might say that "can" be thought to be an offense. The Pofo shouldn't be on pins and needles, and it will be if of course everybody is getting these warning points for posts like the one I got points for.

Unless of course...if I am the only one that got points...which would be another case.

BTW...why does Blitzkrieg have to hijack this thread and make it about his crusade against the mods?

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
BTW...why does Blitzkrieg have to hijack this thread and make it about his crusade against the mods?

lmao..

Alex44
03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
wow some mature mods we have here

I got warned for saying how many times I have been warned since the new system was set in place :lol:

byroan
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I got warned for saying how many times I have been warned since the new system was set in place :lol:

No you didn't. Try actually reading your warning logs. :shakeno:

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 05:41 PM
It's still warning points Infins...it makes you watch everything you might say that "can" be thought to be an offense. The Pofo shouldn't be on pins and needles, and it will be if of course everybody is getting these warning points for posts like the one I got points for.

Unless of course...if I am the only one that got points...which would be another case.

The PoFo is, and will probably always be much more lax as far as the rules go. This vendetta between you and Press has gone on long enough IMO.

Fear not my brother...that has come to an end. :wink:

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Are you worried that you won't be able to control yourself for thirty days?

I didn't do anything. Control what? I quit the PoFo for almost a year once ....I'll just ban myself for 30 days from the PoFo if I want.

I am just saying that the PoFo shouldn't be a place where people are "controlled".

Alex44
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
No you didn't. Try actually reading your warning logs. :shakeno:

Haha yeah and the reason I got warned was even dumber than what I thought it was for

Seriously mods dont rule the earth, if someone has a problem with what someone said, they can click the report post button, you seriously need to be giving a little more room for error on this

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I didn't do anything. Control what? I quit the PoFo for almost a year once ....I'll just ban myself for 30 days from the PoFo if I want.

I am just saying that the PoFo shouldn't be a place where people are "controlled".

Not necessary.
If you and Press concede this duel you're having, and put down your swords...so will we :wink:

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Haha yeah and the reason I got warned was even dumber than what I thought it was for

Seriously mods dont rule the earth, if someone has a problem with what someone said, they can click the report post button, you seriously need to be giving a little more room for error on this

We don't rule he earth, but we do rule this little corner of it.
You don't consider calling someone an idiot a good reason to be warned?

byroan
03-01-2006, 05:45 PM

People do report the posts, then we take action. Thus the reason people receive warning points. Where have any of us claimed to rule the earth? We do rule this website however and expect members to follow the guidelines we put down.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM

good God man, just don't attack or ridicule somebody else for their opinions....debate and argue but, don't make personal observations ABOUT THE PERSON YOU'RE DEBATING.

Is there some reason you can't get this simple concept through your head?

Alex44
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
People do report the posts, then we take action. Thus the reason people receive warning points. Where have any of us claimed to rule the earth? We do rule this website however and expect members to follow the guidelines we put down.

The only way you should take action is if someone reports it, just because a mod see's something that LOOKS offensive doesnt mean that they should act if it didnt actually bother the person

Wharfrat thats not the one im talking about, I did deserve the warning for that

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Not necessary.
If you and Press concede this duel you're having, and put down your swords...so will we :wink:

I did already. I even serenaded him with "Ebony and Ivory."

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=126608&page=3

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I did already. I even serenaded him with "Ebony and Ivory."

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=126608&page=3

oh good lord..:lol:

Section126
03-01-2006, 05:53 PM
good God man, just don't attack or ridicule somebody else for their opinions....debate and argue but, don't make personal observations ABOUT THE PERSON YOU'RE DEBATING.
Is there some reason you can't get this simple concept through your head?

Yes. I didn't do any of that.

As for "personal observations about the person you are debating."...that goes on in every thread in the PoFo.

This is about a personal attack that didn't occur.

Wildbill3
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM

As for "personal observations about the person you are debating."...that goes on in every thread in the PoFo.

This is about a personal attack that didn't occur.not anymore, not unless it is civil.

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
The only way you should take action is if someone reports it, just because a mod see's something that LOOKS offensive doesnt mean that they should act if it didnt actually bother the person

ummm ... no. If it breaks TOS that's when we should take action. Not just when someone reports it.
If a cop sees someone steal something, should he not arrest him simply because nobody reported it?

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM

This is about a personal attack that didn't occur.

It didn't occur??

This is what you said ABOUT another poster....

It looks to me like your post is rude, antagonistic, dismissive, and discriminatory against him, his opinion, and his age. No where do I see anything about his POST....just an observation ABOUT HIM....Which is a VIOLATION of the TOS.

Yes, there has been a crackdown and yes it may be a borderline infraction but, you were WARNED about the crackdown and it IS a personal attack.

Am I making this clear enough because I can draw pictures pretty well if that would help you to understand better.

The points will NOT be taken away until thirty days have passed.

Section126
03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
It didn't occur??

This is what you said ABOUT another poster....

It looks to me like your post is rude, antagonistic, dismissive, and discriminatory against him, his opinion, and his age. No where do I see anything about his POST....just an observation ABOUT HIM....Which is a VIOLATION of the TOS.

Yes, there has been a crackdown and yes it may be a borderline infraction but, you were WARNED about the crackdown and it IS a personal attack.

Am I making this clear enough because I can draw pictures pretty well if that would help you to understand better.

The points will NOT be taken away until thirty days have passed.

Infins.......that comment was in response to this:

The poster I "offended" made a statement....

Then another poster made this comment:

Well, you were certainly a precocious nine year old when you formed that opinion.

Then I made my comment to the poster that made the post above with the quote above in quotations....

BOOM...I get warning points.

Borderline Infraction? You betcha...and that comment by you is good enough for me.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Infins.......that comment was in response to this:

The poster I "offended" made a statement....

Then another poster made this comment:

Then I made my comment to the poster that made the post above with the quote above in quotations....

BOOM...I get warning points.

Borderline Infraction? You betcha...and that comment by you is good enough for me.

Link to the actual thread that this is about....I'll let it speak for itself. (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2098543)

unless....you want me to go through it post by post and see exactly how many times you violated the TOS.

PHINATIC13
03-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I love this site and do read the Po/Fo all the time,but I seldom post in it because almost always someone(s) will attack the poster(s) and the post.......very mature.Arguing and debating is fine,"poster assassination" is not.JMO

Not you 126,just making a statement.

Section126
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Link to the actual thread that this is about....I'll let it speak for itself. (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2098543)

unless....you want me to go through it post by post and see exactly how many times you violated the TOS.

Let me guess.....you are gonna go through every post and assign me points....:rolleyes2

If you want...go through every thread ever created and assign points for these type of offenses. You might have no one left in the PoFo. That's my point. Borderline infractions being policed could lead to exodus of the PoFo...it has before for reasons I can't explain.

The Threats are a bit much Infins...come on.

I already said that you saying that it was a "Borderline Infraction" was good enough for me. For all I care...lock this thread...set it on fire...send it to Flippers Finest...sticky it on top...make it the front page...whatever...I am done with this already.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Let me guess.....you are gonna go through every post and assign me points....:rolleyes2

If you want...go through every thread ever created and assign points for these type of offenses. You might have no one left in the PoFo. That's my point. Borderline infractions being policed could lead to exodus of the PoFo...it has before for reasons I can't explain.

The Threats are a bit much Infins...come on.

I already said that you saying that it was a "Borderline Infraction" was good enough for me. For all I care...lock this thread...set it on fire...send it to Flippers Finest...sticky it on top...make it the front page...whatever...I am done with this already.

Fine. That thread and your demeanor throughout is a perfect example of what we are trying to eliminate. Senseless insults and thread killing nonsense are exactly why the rules have gotten tighter. Borderline infractions are still infractions and until the forum debate gets back to appropriate issues and not about belittling each other, the refs are going to be calling the game tightly.

Section126
03-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Fine. That thread and your demeanor throughout is a perfect example of what we are trying to eliminate. Senseless insults and thread killing nonsense are exactly why the rules have gotten tighter. Borderline infractions are still infractions and until the forum debate gets back to appropriate issues and not about belittling each other, the refs are going to be calling the game tightly.

Fair enough.

Buddwalk
03-02-2006, 12:04 AM
this thread is classic...byroan is owning people left to right :wink:

PressCoverage
03-02-2006, 01:24 AM
The PoFo is, and will probably always be much more lax as far as the rules go. This vendetta between you and Press has gone on long enough IMO.

Still trying to figure out why i've been pulled into this thread at all... It has nothing to do with me, and i've not taken up any sword to put down on this particular issue...

There really is no "war" between Section and I... Our exchanges almost always end in his complete and utter destruction ... :cooldude:

What I don't appreciate is the suggestion that i've "destroyed the PoFo"... I did nothing of the sort, but rather tried to call for moderator fairness on both sides of the political fence in that Forum...

I don't really care if the warhawks call me a son of a $%!*&$@& mother #$*&@^#%! ... I can handle it, and usually leave them crying... All I'm asking is: Don't let the majority side get away with it, and give the underdog the night off when he does the same or less... I just wanted a fair fight...

If calling for a fair fight is what you call "destroying the PoFo", Section 126, then it's really quite clear to me that you need every edge you can find, outside the fringes of the topic at hand... Something I suspected all along...

Section126
03-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Still trying to figure out why i've been pulled into this thread at all... It has nothing to do with me, and i've not taken up any sword to put down on this particular issue...

There really is no "war" between Section and I... Our exchanges almost always end in his complete and utter destruction ... :cooldude:

What I don't appreciate is the suggestion that i've "destroyed the PoFo"... I did nothing of the sort, but rather tried to call for moderator fairness on both sides of the political fence in that Forum...

I don't really care if the warhawks call me a son of a $%!*&$@& mother #$*&@^#%! ... I can handle it, and usually leave them crying... All I'm asking is: Don't let the majority side get away with it, and give the underdog the night off when he does the same or less... I just wanted a fair fight...

If calling for a fair fight is what you call "destroying the PoFo", Section 126, then it's really quite clear to me that you need every edge you can find, outside the fringes of the topic at hand... Something I suspected all along...

Yeah...I need every edge I can get, I wonder what that means...another offhand insult?.....what is this... debating for dollars or something?

Oh geeez...this isn't a gun fight dude...just calm down...when I said that you ruined the PoFo...I meant it. Just leave it at that. I don't need to explain myself. it is my opinion. You cried your way to the point where the PoFo is policed the way it is. You are way too angry and take everything personally. Just calm down for once.

King Felix
03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
this thread is classic...byroan is owning people left to right :wink:

not in this thread. but i have been bryowned once!!!

PressCoverage
03-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah...I need every edge I can get, I wonder what that means...another offhand insult?.....what is this... debating for dollars or something?

Oh geeez...this isn't a gun fight dude...just calm down...when I said that you ruined the PoFo...I meant it. Just leave it at that. I don't need to explain myself. it is my opinion. You cried your way to the point where the PoFo is policed the way it is. You are way too angry and take everything personally. Just calm down for once.

LOL... my "crying" forced the mods' hand? Completely "ruined" the PoFo? Gosh, I'm sorry. ... Hey, can we get a mod to verify this? Gents?

Section, I'm not the angry one here. I'm the one making an effort to ease up with you (my offer to take you behind the woodshed in Madden still stands),... or was until, unbeknownst, I finally discovered you raking me over the coals in THIS forum, weeks later. This is your time in the corner, and you wanna blame everyone else for it... When it was my time, I bitched about it here for about an hour, took my medicine, and let the thread die. I certainly wasn't belligerant, especially after an admin layed down the law.

Bravo...

WharfRat
03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Press...Section.
this is exactly what I'm talking about.
I suggest you put each other on ignore for a while, and move on.