PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mock Draft - FOXSports.com

SoFloDolFan
03-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Has us picking OT Winston Justice from USC. I know this is early and probably will change.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5369094

"Damion McIntosh is a serviceable left tackle, but Justice would be a huge upgrade athletically."

Finsfan79
03-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Justice is a Right tackle and has never played Left tackle. I dont like the pick at all.

Bartowboy
03-01-2006, 12:20 AM
we have bigger needs then oline.

SoFloDolFan
03-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Can someone tell me why this was moved? There are other threads that are less informative i see that stay on the front page. I just don't get it.:confused:

Skeet84
03-01-2006, 12:22 AM

Other than QB which we will address in free agency I think Oline is a top on the list. Maybe secondary, But Oline is Huge.

motioncityhifi
03-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Can someone tell me why this was moved? There are other threads that are less informative i see that stay on the front page. I just don't get it.:confused:

Draft information belongs in the draft forum.

SoFloDolFan
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Draft information belongs in the draft forum.

Gotcha

GCD960
03-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Justice is a Right tackle and has never played Left tackle. I dont like the pick at all.

He stays at RT and Vernon moves to LT.. Vernon was quite serviceable at LT in pre season but Stockar wasnt cuttin it, so Vernon was moved to RT.

NoblePhin
03-01-2006, 12:40 AM
He stays at RT and Vernon moves to LT.. Vernon was quite serviceable at LT in pre season but Stockar wasnt cuttin it, so Vernon was moved to RT.

exactly. even JT was saying how good Carey is going to become as a LT

Dolfan2788
03-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Justice has all the measurables to be a LT, USC already had a LT when he came in and they stuck him. Don't fix what ain't broke, and then he was lighting it up at RT but was suspended and by the time he came back LT was filled again.

RT is also Leinart's blindside. He can easily switch to LT with his measurables, he is not going to market himself as a RT.

Motion
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Justice has all the measurables to be a LT, USC already had a LT when he came in and they stuck him. Don't fix what ain't broke, and then he was lighting it up at RT but was suspended and by the time he came back LT was filled again.

RT is also Leinart's blindside. He can easily switch to LT with his measurables, he is not going to market himself as a RT.

I don't think that switch is as easy as you suggest. Although with Houck in control, anything's possible I guess. I don't like the pick though.

Kucha
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't think that switch is as easy as you suggest. Although with Houck in control, anything's possible I guess. I don't like the pick though.

Same here. However, I don't see us moving up with the draft, especially if a new CBA isn't reached. Draft picks will be prized more than ever and Saban already hates to give up draft picks. Let's just hope that someone falls to us.

Phishstix
03-01-2006, 11:02 AM
i'm not a big fan of this pick, either. elite o-linemen should be the only ones that get 1st round consideration. is justice an elite ol? imo no. good ol-men can be had in later rounds, this team needs skill players- particularly on defense. i just don't see saban taking a lineman in the 1st, unless brick falls to 16 ;)

FinaticalOne
03-01-2006, 12:23 PM

He was the right tackle because Leinert is left handed. He was protecting Leinert's blind side. Experts already have him pegged to play left tackle in the NFL, because of that fact.

Dolfan11
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM

I think oLine is one if not the biggest concern on our team. Let's not forget, we did play better last season, but were still not that great. QB/OL/DB the three biggest needs I see, and when the 16th pick comes along, the best player for one of those postitions will be taken.

dolphinsfan69
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
The most important thing for an o-line when it comes to a QB..is to protect his blindside. The only reason Justice played RT is because Leinart is left handed and Justice was protecting his blindside. If Leinart was Right-handed then Justice would have been more than likely playing left tackle.

Skeet84
03-01-2006, 08:27 PM

Maybe not as easy, But no where near impossible.

Skeet84
03-01-2006, 08:29 PM
The most important thing for an o-line when it comes to a QB..is to protect his blindside. The only reason Justice played RT is because Leinart is left handed and Justice was protecting his blindside. If Leinart was Right-handed then Justice would have been more than likely playing left tackle.

I totally agree. You want your best tackle to protect your QB's blindside.

gator_sensation
03-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Other than QB which we will address in free agency I think Oline is a top on the list. Maybe secondary, But Oline is Huge.

Secondary is #2 right after QB now thanks to the cuts we just made. We have NO secondary now.

finfansince72
03-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Im going to be pissed if the Pats steal Williams at 21. I can't see him being the 3rd Rb taken in the draft.

Skeet84
03-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Secondary is #2 right after QB now thanks to the cuts we just made. We have NO secondary now.

Well we still have 2 starting corners so Yeah Oline still number 1 since we just lost our LT too. Jones did not even play most of the year and cutting Howard is adding by subtraction. Madison the only real loss and he could be back.