PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya, Mayorga Trade Verbal Shots

BAMAPHIN 22
03-01-2006, 11:43 AM
With their fight more than two months away, Oscar De La Hoya and Ricardo Mayorga are tuning up with some verbal sparring.

The 33-year-old De La Hoya has said he hopes to close out his career with the May 6 bout against Mayorga, and a grand finale against either Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Felix Trinidad in September.

Mayorga, a wild-swinging WBC champion from Managua, Nicaragua, talked a great game on Tuesday, saying that he intends to spoil De La Hoya's plans.
"This clown sitting here to my right has disrespected me," the animated Mayorga said at a news conference. "He keeps saying that he's going to be fighting in September or October, like he's fighting a nobody in May.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/ap_on_sp_bo_ne/box_de_la_hoya_mayorga;_ylt=AuFL9URyoGgkVDq5GdQLlUqi24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Just Win Baby
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
haha, oscar can't touch Trinidad.

Muck
03-02-2006, 12:20 AM
haha, oscar can't touch Trinidad.

Oscar schooled him pretty well when they actually fought.

Kthurmus23
03-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Can't handle Del la hoya, mainly because I am a Vargas fan. I am hoping Mayorga KO's this guy.

Buddwalk
03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Oscar De La Hoya is an animal inside the ring...very quick and very tough.

Oscar wins round 10 :wink:

Muck
03-02-2006, 01:26 AM
It'll be a great fight.

Mayorga is tailor-made for a great Oscar fight. Reminds me of when he fought Vargas. Mayorga will try to intimidate Oscar the way he did Vernon Forrest and turn it into a brawl. But I think Oscar will outclass him.