PDA

View Full Version : Italy crushes Germany

Quelonio
03-02-2006, 04:34 AM
4-1 in Germany... I fear that group play is going to be a little bit tough for the US... (I know you don't believe it Prime Time, but despite it being a exhibition game, it was germany, in germany, with all their stars... And Del Piero playing instead of Totti)

Also Messi is quite amazing, in a few years he is going to be the best we have seen in a long long time.

dominizzo
03-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Italy will win Coppa del mondo

MiamiDolphins34
03-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Italy will win Coppa del mondo

Nah Domi...Spain will:wink:

Migs182005
03-02-2006, 12:24 PM
LMAO, I wish Spain would but no chance. I say Brasil again.

ChrisKo
03-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd rather Italy win it over Brasil or France. Just hope that the US has a good showing and England can do some damage.

MiamiDolphins34
03-02-2006, 01:57 PM

You talk as if Spain was a crappy team.:rolleyes2

dominizzo
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Nah Domi...Spain will:wink:

is Morientes still their?

dol_fan_81
03-02-2006, 03:55 PM

yeah, soccers very big over here so many people are getting excited about our chances, but i know there is only a slim chance...

MiamiDolphins34
03-02-2006, 04:07 PM
is Morientes still their?

He didnt get called up for yesterday's game.Im not sure whether Fernando will go to the WC or not with Raul,David Villa and Fernando Torres on the team.

Prime Time
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Argentina also lost to Croatia 1-0...

I am predicting that Germany will not have a good showing in this World Cup...Maybe 1st round out of group stage...max final 8.

Also, I doubt Spain wins it, or Italy or even Brazil. For some reason, I see England winning the WC this year.

minus
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
#1 Spain barely qualified for the WC.Spain is rather weak team.
#2 Italy will be tough and I see them in good position to surprise.
#3 Theere no doubt in any true fan of the sport that Brazil is the ultimate favorite and only them could stop them from winning it.
#4 Next two top teams after Brazil have to Argentina (Hate them but very talanted team but they will probably choke again).Im thinking first round exit for Argentina for some reason.The other team that is a favorite has to be England but how will they perform after the scancal sorrrounding their DT? Remain to be seen.

Germany has nothing....

dol_fan_81
03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
we seem to always mess up in the quaters so :lol:

i have always liked croatia and beating the damn argies has shown that they can be a good team

Prime Time
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kZpwSOfySg&search=Argentina%20vs%20Croatia

Leo Messi's 1st goal with the squad...nice shot!

I don't see Brazil winning it this year...sorry.

Migs182005
03-03-2006, 03:00 AM

Uh, i would love nothing more than for my team to win, but they haven't got much of a chance.

Roman529
03-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Go Azzuri!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

dominizzo
03-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Go Azzuri!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

make that 2 of us:wink:

wpgfishfan
03-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Great game yesterday

2 other results were Canada 2-0 over Austria which I like and

Mexico 1-0 over Ghana. Is Ghana any good or did Mexico just not bury enough of their chances

Quelonio
03-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Great game yesterday

2 other results were Canada 2-0 over Austria which I like and

Mexico 1-0 over Ghana. Is Ghana any good or did Mexico just not bury enough of their chances

Ghana is good, not very good, but good. Mexico is right now experimenting a lot with what players they are taking to the world cup, so the list included people like Landín (a 19 year old scorer who is doing pretty good in the local league).

But the big problem is that Borgetti (for a long time our most dependable scorer) is not playing much in Bolton, so he is rusty. And Guillermo Franco (our other forward who is now in Villarreal) is just off an injury so that obviously hurts. Also the guy who is supposed to be the creative offensive midfielder is injured... So things are not ideal... But I hope everything will be up to par by the time the world cup hits.

I honestly think that this year the world cup will fall somewhere between Italy, cuz they are playing well, Brazil, because they are always dangerous, Argentina, if they manage to get Tevez, Messi and Riquelme playing well together, and the netherlands (because I like them).:wink:

Prime Time
03-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I just don't see Brazil winning another one. Not yet. I wouldn't even be surprised if an African team won it, because of the improvement in their game.

MiamiDolphins34
03-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Uh, i would love nothing more than for my team to win, but they haven't got much of a chance.

Eres de España?

Migs182005
03-05-2006, 02:02 PM
My father is, I was born in the US. But I love my spanish heritage and I follow spanish soccer with a passion.

Prime Time
03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw the Spain - Ivory Coast game, and although Ivory Coast surprised me (which is not good for Argentina)...Spain still just doesn't show me they are among the elite. They are a good team, but not an elite team. Their 1st goal..:lol: Nice job by the player on the follow up.

Tone_E
03-09-2006, 07:31 PM

LOL. They are. What's the son of Spain gonna do this year? Same thing he does every year. NOTHING.

Spain = overrated for the last decade!!

MiamiDolphins34
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
LOL. They are. What's the son of Spain gonna do this year? Same thing he does every year. NOTHING.

Spain = overrated for the last decade!!

I see you love Spain :lol:

Tone_E
03-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I see you love Spain :lol:

Much love, much love. :lol:

Its not that I dont like them, its just that I dont like how every year they are expected to achieve greatness, when during the past, they fail to achieve such greatness year in and year out.

You watch, this world cup, these stupid soccer announcers are going to predict Brazil to win it all (duh, I'm Italian, and can't argue with that) but then its the typical "Watch out for Spain and England Graham Legget, they will win if Brazil doesn't."

Im sick of it! Spain has done nothing to constitue such expectations.

Raul is an entirely different story. Don't want to start with that one.

Prime Time
03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Much love, much love. :lol:

Its not that I dont like them, its just that I dont like how every year they are expected to achieve greatness, when during the past, they fail to achieve such greatness year in and year out.

You watch, this world cup, these stupid soccer announcers are going to predict Brazil to win it all (duh, I'm Italian, and can't argue with that) but then its the typical "Watch out for Spain and England Graham Legget, they will win if Brazil doesn't."

Im sick of it! Spain has done nothing to constitue such expectations.

Raul is an entirely different story. Don't want to start with that one.

You are right...Spain is like another Mexico to me. A good team, but not a GREAT team, that is always talked about for going deep into the WC.