PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2008 Question

Agent51
03-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, I meant 2008, my question is, with the current state of the CBA (I know, I know, we're all tired of hearing about it, lol) and the things that will happen should they NOT reach an agreement, would there even BE a Madden 2008, because I was reading something about the union decertifying, would that mean Madden couldn't use the player's name and likenesses because the NFLPA has the rights to them and it decertified? Or would the NFLPA NOT have the rights to them anmore since no agreement was reached?

Alex44
03-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Madden is the last thing we should worry about :lol:

Seriously Though I dont know....in that case rights would belong to the NFL so they could still make a madden I think

Better Question is how would they do a draft and new players if there is no draft 08

Agent51
03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Madden is the last thing we should worry about :lol:

Seriously Though I dont know....in that case rights would belong to the NFL so they could still make a madden I think

Better Question is how would they do a draft and new players if there is no draft 08

I definately know madden is the last thing we should worry about, lol, but I was getting bored of all the CBA threads and then I was reading an article about the union decertifying so I was just wondering how that would effect madden, just tryin to switch it up. I remember awhile ago, I forget which year and if it was Madden or Gameday, but LaVaar Arrington didn't sign with the players union or something like that so he wasn't officially in the game. his LIKENESS was, but he was just named like LB#56 or whatever it was.

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 04:59 PM
It would be like the NCAA games or classic teams on madden: QB#13, HB#34 ...

AquaInferno
03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
It would be like the NCAA games or classic teams on madden: QB#13, HB#34 ...

Yes and this would be a very bad day for the Madden games, plus EA spent all that money not too long ago. Maybe they could pay each player individually? But that would be too costly as players would start saying 1M each or something like it.

ChrisKo
03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Here's the information that you seek.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1574/

Agent51
03-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Here's the information that you seek.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1574/

Thanks for the link. So basically what they are saying is that EA will still have the team name/logo rights but not the players then so other companies, like Sega, could make football games again and use actual players with fake teams and EA would use the real teams with fake players? That would suck, Madden is my favorite game, and without startin another huge Madden vs ESPN war, I prefer Madden to ESPN, although I don't really like that EA did what they did, I still prefer Madden, so it'd suck for me, as it would for tons of other players who prefer Madden. Actualy, it would suck for fans of NFL game altogether because fans of one game would get real players but not real teams and fans of the other would get real teams but ot real, or at least named, players :shakeno: