PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Ultra Music Festival?

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll be there for the sixth year in a row. :)

UMF (https://www.ultramusicfestival.com/hi/index.php)

GreenMonster
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Man that is a nice show lineup they put in there.. I have never seen Paul Van Dyke so that would be great, and with Oakenfold, Hawtin, Wink, and Perry Ferrell, nice.. I haven't been in the dance music scene in a bit, but for a while the joke in Atl was Bad Boy Bill was playing somewhere every weekend in Atl..

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
PVD and Oakie have been there every year. I'm almost sick of seeing them. :lol:
Actually I haven't seen PVD in two years, I wander off to another stage he comes on...he's too twinkle trance for my taste. I like edgier stuff.

I've never seen Prodigy so I'm really looking forward to that.....I'll try to find Rabbit in the Moon, because I never get sick of them...and the Break Beat tent has a lot of DJs that I listen to on Sirius everyday so I'll probably hang out there alot...

First time I ever saw Josh Wink was at Zen '98.... Man, do I have some stories about that day....can't get into specifics but, one of his tunes was the climax of an interesting evening. :dday:

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Man that is a nice show lineup they put in there.. I have never seen Paul Van Dyke so that would be great, and with Oakenfold, Hawtin, Wink, and Perry Ferrell, nice.. I haven't been in the dance music scene in a bit, but for a while the joke in Atl was Bad Boy Bill was playing somewhere every weekend in Atl..
I was at Mud-town Music fest a few years ago....

GreenMonster
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I was at Mud-town Music fest a few years ago....

Haha, that was probably a fun weekend.. I haven't been to Music Midtown in a longtime, since the year outkast and some of the dungeon family was there. I also dig Rabbit in the Moon, wish I hadn't lost some of my earlier collection of good stuff on my previous harddrive..

Mindwarp
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
meh.. 1st year was the best.. every year afterwards.. meh.. they need to take it back to the beach... im tempted to go just to see Andy C. I love his sets.

and yes. i am a junglist. :D

DnB heads > *

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Actually I haven't seen PVD in two years, I wander off to another stage he comes on...he's too twinkle trance for my taste. I like edgier stuff.

I've never seen Prodigy so I'm really looking forward to that.....I'll try to find Rabbit in the Moon, because I never get sick of them...and the Break Beat tent has a lot of DJs that I listen to on Sirius everyday so I'll probably hang out there alot...

First time I ever saw Josh Wink was at Zen '98.... Man, do I have some stories about that day....can't get into specifics but, one of his tunes was the climax of an interesting evening. :dday:

Me too!! Also 6th year in a row. Also going to Global Gathering!!:dj:

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Haha, that was probably a fun weekend.. I haven't been to Music Midtown in a longtime, since the year outkast and some of the dungeon family was there. I also dig Rabbit in the Moon, wish I hadn't lost some of my earlier collection of good stuff on my previous harddrive..
It was fun but it was sloppy for sure!! Sunday it finally dried out but we were pretty beat up by then....:chuckle:

Amars
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Danny Tenaglia is the only person I would like to see. I dont really like any of other DJ I dont like there style of music. I still like the oldschool scene with DJ like Mark Farina, Doc Marten, Little Louie Vega, Jeno (Wicked Crew), Julius Paap, and the godfather Frankie Knuckles (this guy is amazing).

Anyone here of these guys. If not then Im going to feel real old.

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:09 AM
meh.. 1st year was the best.. every year afterwards.. meh.. they need to take it back to the beach... im tempted to go just to see Andy C. I love his sets.

and yes. i am a junglist. :D

DnB heads > *
I missed the first two years....I heard it sucked being on the beach with all the sand.

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Danny Tenaglia is the only person I would like to see. I dont really like any of other DJ I dont like there style of music. I still like the oldschool scene with DJ like Mark Farina, Doc Marten, Little Louie Vega, Jeno (Wicked Crew), Julius Paap, and the godfather Frankie Knuckles (this guy is amazing).

Frankie Knuckles and LLV...but none of the others....and I am old.

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Also going to Global Gathering!!:dj:
Luckee.

I alwys wondered if you were into this scene because of your screen name. Now I know.

Amars
03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Frankie Knuckles and LLV...but none of the others....and I am old.

Most of the other are West Coast DJ. But DOC and FARINA are really well known.

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Luckee.

I alwys wondered if you were into this scene because of your screen name. Now I know.

Definitley. I'ma huge Deep Dish fan. Going to Global Gathering to see Erick Morillo and Steve Lawler.

Ultra was better when it was at the beach.

d-day
03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
i'm still thinking about this one - my next door neighbor just got a couple of rooms over there for the weekend - plus how could i possibly miss out on a weekend with dubs and his moonshine...?! :dday:

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Definitley. I'ma huge Deep Dish fan. Going to Global Gathering to see Erick Morillo and Steve Lawler.

Ultra was better when it was at the beach.
Don't even say Deep Dish.....I'm still furious about getting locked out of the main stage area that year.....I watched RITM and then went to see DD and security said nope....too many people in there already....:FIRE!!!:

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 11:38 AM

:chuckle:

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't even say Deep Dish.....I'm still furious about getting locked out of the main stage area that year.....I watched RITM and then went to see DD and security said nope....too many people in there already....:FIRE!!!:

oh man that sucks. you need to see them at space for the full experience. although ritm did put on a great show last year..did you catch them?

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
oh man that sucks. you need to see them at space for the full experience. although ritm did put on a great show last year..did you catch them?
Absolutely....I even met Bunny after the show. :D

check out this review...it gave me chills...

Rabbit In The Moon / artists (R)
Profile:
R.I.T.M. is the most original electronic group in the world, with the release of their 12" singles, remix work, and exploration in live performance, R.I.T.M. have established an enormous fan base that continues to grow. A band that exists on many levels, they are enjoying there tenth year of attacking your senses and emotions.

The Music:
Most people's first exposure to Rabbit was their song called out-of- body experience. It was released in 93, and is still to this day played in clubs around the world, when most other artist’s tracks are left for dead after 2 weeks. In a 2003 issue of Muzik magazine, O.B.E. was listed as the number one most sought after record in the last decade. After the release of phases of an out of body experience (remixes of O.B.E.) on Hardkiss Recordings '94 the demand for R.I.T.M. became enormous. They began collaborating and doing remix work for everyone from Goldie, Sarah McLachlan, BT, and Garbage, to The Smashing Pumpkins, Sven Vath, Stone Roses, and Eric Clapton. Their style of electronic music is timeless, but to truly understand this group is to see and hear them live.
Rabbit in the Moon's live experience has the power to evoke emotion at will. With a mix of performance art, live video projections, and original music. R.I.T.M. create a powerful connection with their audience. In the Readers Poll Awards 1997 URB MAGAZINE, R.I.T.M. was voted the #1 live performance act in the country. They have been called the Grateful Dead & Pink Floyd of electronic music. Wherever they perform, new believers are born. For many, the show is a religious experience, lives are changed. All this from a band that has never had to grace the screens of music television for an audience. They've been on a grass roots journey, making believers one show at a time. And from New York to Tokyo all the fans with Rabbit in the Moon tattoos see and understand that. They tell the story. This isn't a now thing, it's a forever thing..

I couldn't have said it better myself....it is simply surreal to see them live........I never miss them....

Mindwarp
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
im so tired of R.I.T.M. its not even the original 3 anymore Monk is gone and doing his own thing now and PLEASE don't even get me started on when bunny did his PCDJ thing :sidelol:

however one of my all time song is O.B.E. :)

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
I have "Florida"...and i see them live whenever i can.....that's enough for me...and it never gets old. :)

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Love Tenaglia. Saw a 12-hour marathon set he did at Space about 2 years ago on a Sunday night/Monday morning. ****ing guy is amazing!! I too love the old school **** with vocals.

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
i'm still thinking about this one - my next door neighbor just got a couple of rooms over there for the weekend - plus how could i possibly miss out on a weekend with dubs and his moonshine...?! :dday:

It's almost ready to drink too. Cannot wait.

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Man I didn't know there were people on the scene in finheaven.

I feel so jealous of you guys in florida: Kleinenberg, Plastikman , Cox, The Prodigy, Misstress Barbara, Choo Choo, Carola ... I hate you :fire:

Plastikman was here with Sven Vath a few weeks ago, they ROCKED, if you like techno, Hawtin is your man.

By the way, if you want to trade livesets let me know, I have a lot from Carl Cox, Umek, morillo, clarke, deep dish, jeff mills, i maybe will start a thread with the my list so we can trade.

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 09:13 PM

I feel so jealous of you guys in florida: Kleinenberg, Plastikman , Cox, The Prodigy, Misstress Barbara, Choo Choo, Carola ... I hate you :fire:

Plastikman was here with Sven Vath a few weeks ago, they ROCKED, if you like techno, Hawtin is your man.

By the way, if you want to trade livesets let me know, I have a lot from Carl Cox, Umek, morillo, clarke, deep dish, jeff mills, i maybe will start a thread with the my list so we can trade.

Definitley interested in Morillo and DD.

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM

Deep Dish (Live Clubland Pacha Buenos Aires)
Deep Dish - live @ HITEC 8-6-2002
Erick morillo live @ Pacha Ibiza
Erick morillo & Carl cox @ studio 287 paris

i will start a new threat with the complete list

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 09:36 PM

By the way, if you want to trade livesets let me know, I have a lot from Carl Cox, Umek, morillo, clarke, deep dish, jeff mills, i maybe will start a thread with the my list so we can trade.sorry you're stuck so far away, and like you, i didn't even know there was anybody into the scene posting on this site....Everyday, in the lounge, we all find out that we're brothers in more ways than just the Dolphins...:peace::dj2::peace:

I don't have any live sets but, I'd buy a copy of Deep Dish, Carl Cox and Morrillo if you're interested...

inFINSible
03-03-2006, 09:37 PM
My neighbor just told me that Deep Dish will be at Space the night of Ultra...I think I just found my after party!

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 09:44 PM
sorry you're stuck so far away, and like you, i didn't even know there was anybody into the scene posting on this site....Everyday, in the lounge, we all find out that we're brothers in more ways than just the Dolphins...:peace::dj2::peace:

I don't have any live sets but, I'd buy a copy of Deep Dish, Carl Cox and Morrillo if you're interested...

Don't worry, you said it we're brothers, I'm doing the threat already, just let me know which ones are you interested in, and will send these to you.

By the way what is the easiest way to do this?

Dubfire
03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
My neighbor just told me that Deep Dish will be at Space the night of Ultra...I think I just found my after party!

Infins let me know...I've seen them the last 3 years after Ultra @ Space. 10 hours minimum each time. I dont "party" like I use to 5-6 years ago so It's very difficult for me to stay up the entire time. But those 2 are amazing!!

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 10:35 PM
sorry you're stuck so far away, and like you, i didn't even know there was anybody into the scene posting on this site....Everyday, in the lounge, we all find out that we're brothers in more ways than just the Dolphins...:peace::dj2::peace:

Done, I've already started it, its called " Dance Livesets Trade" on the lounge

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=127661