PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 06 -- Xbox (regular)

mor911
03-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Fifa 06

Before I write this, I'd like everyone to understand.... I don't know anything about soccer. I'm not a fan of soccer. I don't know all of the rules to soccer. Why did you get Fifa 06 Mor? Well, The Mor got it for free from a friend. The game plays in 720p (true hi-def), so I wanted to experience a sports title in HD.

I love it. I love Fifa 06. The Mor is officially a soccer fan. Slowly but surely, I am learning the game of soccer and appreciating it more and more.

The game looks amazing. It plays in 720p and looks phenomenal. Besides a little bit of slowdown occasionally, it's graphics are among the xbox's best. The stadiums all look generic, but the players and field look great.

The gameplay and controls are solid. The mechanics of soccer takes some getting used to, but after a few games, you'll feel like Pele. I played in the US league as the coach for Chicago, and had a great time. Manager mode is deep and tons of fun.

Note -- I heard that Winning Eleven is a better soccer game.. I never played it, so I can't compare.

Fifa 06 is solid sports fun if you're a soccer fan or not. I'm now a fan of the series. Good job EA.

8.2 of 10

Other reviews:
Gamespot - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/fifa2006/review.html

JuanchoColombia
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I have both fifa06 and WE9, Fifa has much better graphics, but WE9 is much much better, is a lot more exciting, and addicting (3 friends and I played until 5am last night:D ) and feels more like actual soccer, so Mor if you started to like soccer with Fifa you will love it when you play WE9.

By the way, don't play with MLS teams, they suck, play with Barcelona or Inter Milan, my favorite teams :wink:

Dubfire
03-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Fifa 06

Before I write this, I'd like everyone to understand.... I don't know anything about soccer. I'm not a fan of soccer. I don't know all of the rules to soccer. Why did you get Fifa 06 Mor? Well, The Mor got it for free from a friend. The game plays in 720p (true hi-def), so I wanted to experience a sports title in HD.

I love it. I love Fifa 06. The Mor is officially a soccer fan. Slowly but surely, I am learning the game of soccer and appreciating it more and more.

The game looks amazing. It plays in 720p and looks phenomenal. Besides a little bit of slowdown occasionally, it's graphics are among the xbox's best. The stadiums all look generic, but the players and field look great.

The gameplay and controls are solid. The mechanics of soccer takes some getting used to, but after a few games, you'll feel like Pele. I played in the US league as the coach for Chicago, and had a great time. Manager mode is deep and tons of fun.

Note -- I heard that Winning Eleven is a better soccer game.. I never played it, so I can't compare.

Fifa 06 is solid sports fun if you're a soccer fan or not. I'm now a fan of the series. Good job EA.

8.2 of 10

Other reviews:
Gamespot - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/fifa2006/review.html

Funny you posted this. I'm the same way about soccer but my girl who's Colombian still plays in a league and loves it. I enjoy watching the World Cup as much as anyone. I got up today wanting to go pick up Winning Eleven. Have heard great things about it.

Prime Time
03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
If you haven't played Winning Eleven yet...where have you been?!

FIFA kills WE in graphics...but WE destroys, annhilates etc. FIFA in Gameplay. Just my 0.02 though...

HysterikiLL
03-08-2006, 03:25 AM
I hate soccer as a sport but I love the Fifa games. I can put up like 25 goals instead of those real life games where scores are like 1-0

Prime Time
03-08-2006, 04:23 PM
I hate soccer as a sport but I love the Fifa games. I can put up like 25 goals instead of those real life games where scores are like 1-0

Exactly why FIFA is garbage...