PDA

View Full Version : CLEP testing

HelenaBucket
03-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Has anyone utilized CLEP testing to shorten the path to a degree? I've read that the exams are written by test takers who score in the 99th percentile of the toughest exams - that sounds rather daunting, but I am interested in learning about others experiences with the process.

The Confessor
03-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I have found CLEP to be a shortcut if you feel very confident with the cirriculum, however CLEP (College Level Exam Program) can also be quite expensive depending on the school. The only time I did "Clep" a class was at Community College, and it actually cost about twice what the class would have cost me.

EDIT: Oh yeah and here is more for ya.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html

OhioPhin
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Has anyone utilized CLEP testing to shorten the path to a degree? I've read that the exams are written by test takers who score in the 99th percentile of the toughest exams - that sounds rather daunting, but I am interested in learning about others experiences with the process.

I actually took a few CLEP exams. I was planning on getting a bachelors in Business Management. I took a couple of business exams. I work in the IT field, so I wasn't really knowledgeable about the business world. All I did was studied a couple of books and practice exams, and I flew through them. Maybe it depends on what exam(s) you are taking, but the ones I took were not hard at all.

PassRush
03-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I am considering taking a few Cleps for in my Criminal Justice program

DrAstroZoom
03-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I CLEPed a semester back in the day.