PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Griffin

dm416
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I really think we should get him in the 2nd round. He really impressed at the Senior Bowl and he would be a great addition at CB. He was overshadowed by Huff at Texas. Anyone else think highly of him?

Troysif
03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Yea i Agree

PublixSubsRule
03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
i also think highly of him i however think that he would also be good at safety cus he diagnoses good and also he kinda slow for a cb but i still like him and he could get bye......
the cb from a small school has also impressed me i forget his name its pittman i think and hes from like north...something i saw him in the senior bowl he was good

t2thejz
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't use a 2nd on him, but I do think he could be a good saftey in this league and I would like to get him in the 3rd if he lasts that long

Skeet84
03-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I really don't know that much about him. However if he is a Good corner at 6'2 with decent speend than he might be a good second round choice. GOOD CORNER has alot to do how he plays not just numbers on how tall he is and how fast he runs

SR 7
03-03-2006, 06:09 PM
i also think highly of him i however think that he would also be good at safety cus he diagnoses good and also he kinda slow for a cb but i still like him and he could get bye......
the cb from a small school has also impressed me i forget his name its pittman i think and hes from like north...something i saw him in the senior bowl he was good

he will be gone by our pick i eblieve. the guy is a playmaker. i have seen him INT a pass almost everytime i ahve watched the guy play. he is a ballhawk. they said he can play CB due to his physical style of play

Phishstix
03-03-2006, 08:08 PM
imo he's a little too slow to play corner in the league- he's on the wrong side of 4.50. he's a heady player and doesn't get out of position from what i've seen of him, but his future is prob. at safety.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes, I think he is exactly the type of player Saban is looking for. He is pretty similar to Webster, who Saban really wanted last year near the top of the 2nd round.

daniel3
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Considering Miami fielded Daniels and Madison, I don't think his 40-time will be that big of an issue with Saban. What Saban will probably like is his experience and the program he came out of, plus Miami does do a lot of coverage schemes so he should fit in nicely here. A second round pick on him isn't remotely wasted at all, though it could possibly be better used :j.

RalphX19X
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
How about a 3rd on Jason Allen?

Skeet84
03-03-2006, 09:43 PM

If he is there YES! He ran a 4.38 at the combine

FinNasty
03-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I really think we should get him in the 2nd round. He really impressed at the Senior Bowl and he would be a great addition at CB. He was overshadowed by Huff at Texas. Anyone else think highly of him?

He is one of my favorite players in the draft...

I think he should be moved to safety... but the kid is going to be a playmaker...

Its a shame his stock has risen... I was hoping that he would be around in the 2nd...

FinNasty
03-04-2006, 03:40 AM

he is my 2nd favorite player in this draft... he wont last till the 3rd though...

We would be lucky to grab him in the 2nd...

Danny
03-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I like Richard Marshall in the 2nd...the guy is a ball hawk....I'd also like to get a safety but maybe in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

FinNasty
03-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I really don't know that much about him. However if he is a Good corner at 6'2 with decent speend than he might be a good second round choice. GOOD CORNER has alot to do how he plays not just numbers on how tall he is and how fast he runs

Skeet... dont worry... the kid is a playmaker. I think he would be even better at Safety... but he is a stud...

Skeet84
03-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Skeet... dont worry... the kid is a playmaker. I think he would be even better at Safety... but he is a stud...

Well thats good than. We can use all the playmakers we can get! :wink:

FinNasty
03-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Well thats good than. We can use all the playmakers we can get! :wink:

ya... I want Griffen, Jason Allen, or Jimmy Williams...

We NEED to walk away from the draft with one of these 3...

Skeet84
03-04-2006, 04:14 AM
ya... I want Griffen, Jason Allen, or Jimmy Williams...

We NEED to walk away from the draft with one of these 3...

Jimmy Williams would be really Nice to get! Jason Allen and Jimmy Williams would be GreaT!

FinNasty
03-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Jimmy Williams would be really Nice to get! Jason Allen and Jimmy Williams would be GreaT!

Man, if we could draft Jimmy Williams at safety in round one... and Jason Allen at CB in round 2... I would be doing cartwheels in my front lawn...

our secondary would be set for years...

Danny
03-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Guys, keep on mind that we don't have to get a DB in round one in order to have a good draft....look where we got some DB's in the past
Sam Madison-2
Pat Sir-tan-2
Will Poole-4
Travis Daniels-4
Bell-6

If there's a guy that Nick really wants at 16 he'll pull the triger but you can get good value in the 2nd and 3rd round, specially this year.....still I think the best guy in the 2nd round would be Richard Marshall tho I'd be happy with some of the guys you've all mention.

Ozzy rules!!

Skeet84
03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Guys, keep on mind that we don't have to get a DB in round one in order to have a good draft....look where we got some DB's in the past
Sam Madison-2
Pat Sir-tan-2
Will Poole-4
Travis Daniels-4
Bell-6

If there's a guy that Nick really wants at 16 he'll pull the triger but you can get good value in the 2nd and 3rd round, specially this year.....still I think the best guy in the 2nd round would be Richard Marshall tho I'd be happy with some of the guys you've all mention.

Ozzy rules!!

This all true, BUt you could say there is talent like that at every position its just finding it. Thats the problem.