PDA

View Full Version : Alice In Chains Reuniting For Tour

Rocky Raccoon
03-03-2006, 08:23 PM
http://q1043.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104649&article=406224

sorry to post 3 threads in 5 minutes...but all the stories are interesting.

cnc66
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
well, that's cool but they are not touring down here, bummer. That Nova Scotia concert will be kick butt. I saw Cantrell at Coral Sky in West Palm Beach with Days of the New and Metallica. He was ok, but the band had not been together very long and this was there first tour together and they were not that good..technically speaking. But Rooster and Would rocked. He did a cover of Lunatics on the Grass for an encore..it was very weird.

GRAPEAPE
03-03-2006, 09:41 PM
"The band will reunite for the Nova Rock Festival in Austria on June 28, along with Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Tool, Queens Of The Stone Age and Massive Attack." I would see this show in a heartbeat.

NaboCane
03-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, they actually debuted the new lineup at a benefit concert here in Seattle about a year ago. Reviews were all rave.

It was also a very cathartic, healing experience for a lot of people who grew up hearing all these local kids practice in garages and old warehouses, and seeing them give their first performances at The Croc or The Tractor...only to see them die just when fortune finally found them.

Dolfinite
03-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Its jut not going to be th same without Layne Staley in front of that band,
Kinda depressing actually.

NaboCane
03-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Its jut not going to be th same without Layne Staley in front of that band,
Kinda depressing actually.
Actually, the thought itself is depressing, but the reality is not. If you get a chance to hear anything by the new alice, give it a shot, I think you'll be pleased.

Roman529
03-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I never knew they broke up. :confused: Isn't this the group that made that video called "Caught Stealing?"

unifiedtheory
03-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Rumour has it they will record as well.

That benifit show they played in Seattle also featured Maynord from TOOL perfroming. I got a bootleg of "Them Bones" with Maynord and it was sweet.

unifiedtheory
03-04-2006, 05:03 AM
I never knew they broke up. :confused: Isn't this the group that made that video called "Caught Stealing?"

Janes Addiction

d-day
03-04-2006, 05:14 AM
bad idea

NaboCane
03-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Rumour has it they will record as well.

That benifit show they played in Seattle also featured Maynord from TOOL perfroming. I got a bootleg of "Them Bones" with Maynord and it was sweet.
Check out this site; it's the former DJ of the station that sponsored the concert. Click on the KROk Tsunami Relief pics.

Also click on his seattle sounds link, it has songs by past and current Seattle bands.

This guy Andy Savage, he used to be The Man in morning radio here. But one day all the stations suddenly went iPod/DJ-less, and he's out of work.

edit: I don't know why they don't release that concert on disc...by all accounts, it was an absolutely stunning, jaw-dropping experience.

Muck
03-04-2006, 09:58 AM
well, that's cool but they are not touring down here, bummer. That Nova Scotia concert will be kick butt. I saw Cantrell at Coral Sky in West Palm Beach with Days of the New and Metallica. He was ok, but the band had not been together very long and this was there first tour together and they were not that good..technically speaking. But Rooster and Would rocked. He did a cover of Lunatics on the Grass for an encore..it was very weird.

I was at that same show. He was ok. I equated it to drinking light beer. The best parts were when they played Chains songs.

I was actually kinda bored during that set. To be a great rock singer, you've got to have that biting, aggressive voice. Cantrell just doesn't have that. He was perfect for accenting Layne.

Hopefully this DuVall guy sings in a similar vein as Layne did. That would be kickass.

Roman529
03-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Janes Addiction

Thanks, my bad.