PDA

View Full Version : Short Sports Stories?

dolphinfan2k5
03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a manuscript speech (a speech where you read poetry or prose with feeling an emotion) due on Monday and I have been searching the internet for about 2 and a half hours looking for a sports related sports story to do this speech on. Maybe I'm just searching with the wrong words but I can't, for the life of me, find one. You would think there would be plenty of stories about the pregame speech a coach gives you or sinking the final shot in a basketball game or something but I just cannot find any. If you guys know of any short sports stories or a good passage out of a book that would make sense standing by itself, please post them :pray:

Timmy54
03-05-2006, 09:21 AM
I was Qb in a high school game vs. our rivals to the south of the county. During the first half the ump called me for false start twice for bobbing my head while calling signals. Our coach lit into him while walking out to half. Come back after half, first play of our first drive, and the guy calls me again, this time in the Gun (how the hell) so on the very next play we call a quick in to our TE, well i beem the ump right in the side of the head. He kicked me out of the game and we lost. Moral to the story--learn patience and take things with a grain of salt, over react and your out of the game!