PDA

View Full Version : Ac/dc

Roman529
03-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I was at a bookstore yesterday and there is a publication (I think it is called Classics?)...they do an entire magazine to rock and roll groups. They had one on Led Zeppelin, and they currently have one on AC/DC who I feel is the greatest Rock and Roll band ever. They have articles on Bon Scott, Malcolm and Angus Young, Brian Johnson, and how the group was formed around 1973. Angus is my favorite guitarist ever along with Stevie Ray Vaughan...the good news is AC/DC is supposedly working on a new album.

:band: :rockon:

Fin Fan in Cali
03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I was at a bookstore yesterday and there is a publication (I think it is called Classics?)...they do an entire magazine to rock and roll groups. They had one on Led Zeppelin, and they currently have one on AC/DC who I feel is the greatest Rock and Roll band ever. They have articles on Bon Scott, Malcolm and Angus Young, Brian Johnson, and how the group was formed around 1973. Angus is my favorite guitarist ever along with Stevie Ray Vaughan...the good news is AC/DC is supposedly working on a new album.

:band: :rockon:Thanks for the Info Bro! I love putting on my Live At Donnington DVD, and cranking it in the garage!:D

Roman529
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the Info Bro! I love putting on my Live At Donnington DVD, and cranking it in the garage!:D

YESSS, there were 400,000 people at Donnington Castle for this...I think in 1981?....I miss the 80's. The magazine also reviews all their albums, Back in Black was the best ever....I think that was the first CD I had of theirs along with the Razor's Edge. I wanna get the complete AC/DC cd compilation and also all of Led Zeppelin's recordings..Led Zep IV is one cd I would put in my best ever file.

Jt0323
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
YESSS, there were 400,000 people at Donnington Castle for this...I think in 1981?....I miss the 80's. The magazine also reviews all their albums, Back in Black was the best ever....I think that was the first CD I had of theirs along with the Razor's Edge. I wanna get the complete AC/DC cd compilation and also all of Led Zeppelin's recordings..Led Zep IV is one cd I would put in my best ever file.

i got 153 ac/dc songs on my pc. u have an ipod or itunes?

ILPhinFan88
03-05-2006, 04:06 PM

:band: :rockon:

Yep and tour to go with it, I'm there. My fav band also.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Roman529
03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
i got 153 ac/dc songs on my pc. u have an ipod or itunes?

I don't have an Ipod yet. :boohoo:

Buddwalk
03-05-2006, 04:19 PM
acdc is godlike...top 10 bands for me of all time easily

Pagan
03-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I’m sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same.

- Angus Young, AC/DC

Best rock & roll quote ever. AC/DC will always rule.

Buddwalk
03-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Best rock & roll quote ever. AC/DC will always rule.

I agree...way to stick a quote right to the media...ACDC is awesome and will be forever :yes:

miamikid92
03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
ac/dc and led zeppelin- best bands ever

Goin` Deep
03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Huge AC/DC here too, but I think Brian Johnsons voice is just about shot. He sounds worse and worse every year, and I personally never thought he could hold a candle to Bon. Back in Black is an incredible album and Brian sounded great on it, but I always wonder how it would have sounded had Bon gotten to do the vocals, like it was intended.

Jimmy James
03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Huge AC/DC here too, but I think Brian Johnsons voice is just about shot. He sounds worse and worse every year, and I personally never thought he could hold a candle to Bon. Back in Black is an incredible album and Brian sounded great on it, but I always wonder how it would have sounded had Bon gotten to do the vocals, like it was intended.

You make a very interesting point, and I wonder if technology hasn't come to the point where they could lay down some Scott vocals by analyzing the recordings of him they have and letting the computer generate the voice. I know I'd love to hear it.

I love Scott-era AC/DC, but I'm only lukewarm about Johnson-era AC/DC.

Goin` Deep
03-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I love Scott-era AC/DC, but I'm only lukewarm about Johnson-era AC/DC.
The Johnson sung albums Back in Black and For Those About to Rock are both excellent, but the rest fail to measure up imo. However, EVERY AC/DC album with Bon Scott kicks a**! Highway to Hell, and the live album If You Want Blood are outstanding, and Malcolm Young once said Powerage is the bands most underrated album...I`d have to agree, I particularly like the cuts "Sin City" and "Riff Raff".

Slappy8800
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
any info on the new CD and tour?

Jimmy James
03-05-2006, 08:18 PM
The Johnson sung albums Back in Black and For Those About to Rock are both excellent, but the rest fail to measure up imo. However, EVERY AC/DC album with Bon Scott kicks a**! Highway to Hell, and the live album If You Want Blood are outstanding, and Malcolm Young once said Powerage is the bands most underrated album...I`d have to agree, I particularly like the cuts "Sin City" and "Riff Raff".

Isn't Powerage the one with Down Payment Blues and Night Prowler? I love those songs.

ETA: I'm wrong about Night Prowler. Duh. It's Gone Shootin' that is the other song I love on Powerage.

UncleCosmic
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm a big Bon-era fan as well. He was a great lyricist, and always seemed like he sang with a big smirk on his face. My favorite Bon lyric EVER: "She had the face of an angel smilin' with sin-the body of Venus with arms."

I like Brian, but Bon was The Man!

Pagan
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
ac/dc and led zeppelin- best bands ever
Add Maiden to that list. :wink:

lazareth
03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm a big Bon-era fan as well. He was a great lyricist, and always seemed like he sang with a big smirk on his face. My favorite Bon lyric EVER: "She had the face of an angel smilin' with sin-the body of Venus with arms."

I like Brian, but Bon was The Man!
god's gift to ball room notoriety!

FLOUNDER
03-06-2006, 12:07 AM
and you, shook me all night long!

Possibly one of there best songs ever

Roman529
03-06-2006, 02:33 AM

Yeah. R.I.P. Bon...In the magazine article they said that Bon Scott went out and did some heavy drinking on his final night on earth and may have used some heroine (although no drugs were reported in his autopsy). What is really messed up is the guy who was in the car with Bon left him in the car overnight and put a blanket on him as he was too drunk to be lifted. Bon ended up choking on his vomit and maybe dying of hypothermia. Who the hell would leave a drunk buddy in a car overnight??? They also said Bon ended up hooking up with this woman who was 6' 3" and fat,,,her name was Rosie, and this is where Whole Lotta Rosie came from. :D

Buddwalk
03-06-2006, 02:39 AM
Add Maiden to that list. :wink:

And the Beatles, The Who, Aerosmith, Metallica, and many many more

maddendude
03-06-2006, 03:44 AM
man all i know bout ac/dc is that they're 2 different currents, alternating current and direct current.