PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Rivalry

BAMAPHIN 22
03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
How many posters have a brother or sister? Are you the youngest, oldest, or the "middle" child?

Do you get along with your siblings? Do you believe parents show favoritism to one child over the others?

FinsNCanes
03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I have an older brother by 10 years. We somewhat get along..don't really talk to eachother unless he needs something out of me or it's around holidays.

He also thinks our parents favor me for some reason.

Jt0323
03-05-2006, 10:19 PM
i am a quadruplet, 2 bros and a 1 sis the same age as me and an older sis thats 25 so im not the middle child nor the oldest or youngest, and yes i get along with all of them

Ohio Fanatic
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I have one older brother, he's exactly one year older to the day.

I can say, up to and through college I hated his guts, wanted him dead. But now I love em to death (still an idiot though)

A lot of it had to do with favoritism. I was actually the favored one. My mother (immigrant from Asia) used to play severe favoritism. he who got better grades got presents. He who lost was beaten periodically. It set up a competition between us so fierce that we used to fight over who got a particular scent of deodorant. It's probably something that we'll never get over. but it's gotten much easier over time. Especially now that I have a daughter and he's an uncle/godfather.

Agent51
03-05-2006, 10:22 PM
How many posters have a brother or sister? Are you the youngest, oldest, or the "middle" child?

Do you get along with your siblings? Do you believe parents show favoritism to one child over the others?

I have a younger brother and sister. My bro is 5 years younger than me and my sis is 10 years younger. My brother and I used to HATE each other, we'd fight ALL THE TIME. But once I moved out and he grew up a little we get along great now, I fly him him every other month or so to spend a week with me. As far as my sister she is DEFINATELY the favorite. She can "do no wrong" and my brother and I ALWAYS got in trouble for her, even when she did something wrong, she is definately "mommy's little girl" and now she is taking advantge of that, she is a little ***** basically, lollol.

FinsAreLife
03-05-2006, 10:23 PM
2 older sisters.....18 and 16.......i get alogn for the most part, and we do things together, when we were a little younger they hated me though cause i rated on them all the time, but then i grew up and we have fun and actually my oldest sister is a freshman in college at American U in D.C. and i miss her to be honest.....