PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Commercial

Agent51
03-05-2006, 10:19 PM
What is your favorite commercial ever?

The one I remember off the top of my head was from a few Super Bowls ago. It was a Pepsi one and the guy was at an amusment park and just got a HUGE cup of Pepsi, with no top, and gets on the rollercoaster with it. He his twisting and turning it the whole time and doesn't spill a drop and when he gets off the ride he is holding the cup and all these people are impressed and he's talking to em then this hot chick comes up and asks if he has the time and he looks at his watch, which happens to be on the wrist of the same hand he is holding the cup in, so the Pepsi spills all over him, lol.

I also love the new Burger King one with the Whopper and the Jr Whopper:

Whopper: "You aren't selling yourself for a dollar, you get back here right now"
Jr. Whopper: "Don't tell me what to do, what are you gonna do, spank my bun?"
Whopper: "I will knock your bun into next week mister." :sidelol:

I also loved the sprint one from this years Super Bowl where the guy goes "my Sprint phone has anti-theft, look, try and steal my wallet." Then he throws his phone at the guy's face, haha, and the one where the guy kills the fly with the defibrillator and then goes "well, that killed him" right as the wife and daughter walk in. That was classic.

Roman529
03-06-2006, 02:49 AM
I love the AFLAC commercials....the duck always cracks me up.

Kobe
03-06-2006, 02:53 AM
The sprint theft deterrant one cracked me up.

Alex44
03-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Cant say its my favorite BUT

I like the new commercials for that New Balance thing

Where its like 'In case any of you pro's forgot, this is how you box out' for the basketball one., and i has the high schoolers playin really hard

And the football one where its like

'We dont throw chairs, we dont do this or that' I forget exactly how it goes but at the end the guy says 'There are two reasons to play the game, why do you?' and then a black screen with the words 'For Love or Money?' comes up

For some reason those commercials speak to me

CalDolFan1014
03-06-2006, 03:09 AM
I like the Real Men of Genius commercials. Those things still crack me up to this day! :sidelol:

King Nate
03-06-2006, 03:10 AM
I think it was a FedEx commercial but it was during last year's super bowl, not this years. It had Burt Reynolds and a bear and the bear kicked him in the nuts...I think it was supposed to be "how to make a good commercial". It was freakin' awesome!

King Felix
03-06-2006, 03:11 AM
commercials?? those suck

HysterikiLL
03-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Wazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Jimmy James
03-06-2006, 03:27 AM
I'm awfully fond of the Joe Walsh UPS Racing commercial from a few years back that found Joe singing a special version of Life's Been Good about Dale Jarrett racing the truck. There was a similar one with Charlie Daniels doing a special version of Devil Went Down to Georgia.

I really loved the Snicker's Chefs commercial.

I also really loved the Keith Jackson voiceovered Gatorade commercial.

Phinsfan1980
03-06-2006, 03:29 AM
I love the Terry Tate Office Linebacker ones

King Felix
03-06-2006, 03:30 AM
gatorade commercials

Phinsfan1980
03-06-2006, 03:31 AM
gatorade commercials:confused: cuz they sweat green and blue?

Roman529
03-06-2006, 03:35 AM
I also love the NEXTEL phone commercial....the guy walks into the office and the three guys are dancing to the song "Ewwww Baby Baby," They show this commercial like 10 times during NFL games and everyone at the sportsbar I go to always cracks up.

Phinsfan1980
03-06-2006, 03:37 AM
I also love the NEXTEL phone commercial....the guy walks into the office and the three guys are dancing to the song "Ewwww Baby Baby," They show this commercial like 10 times during NFL games and everyone at the sportsbar I go to always cracks up.one of thoses guys looks just like my brother in law so it is funny as **** everytime I see it too! The way they are dancing is funny! Mackler where are you?

Jimmy James
03-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Mackler where are you?

I'm in the airport.

Phinsfan1980
03-06-2006, 03:41 AM
:sidelol:
I'm in the airport.

thom
03-06-2006, 04:22 AM
all the coke and mentos ads.

King Felix
03-06-2006, 01:18 PM
the one with the women in the plane and they land and she falls on the guy and itlooks like they were doing it. dont judge too quickly

DrAstroZoom
03-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I like the new Nike commercial where they show young basketball players mirroring great images from Michael Jordan's career.

Re: the AFLAC duck ... I heard an address from one of AFLAC's chief marketing guys during an advertising conference, and he told the fascinating history of the duck. It seems they were about to launch a campaign with Ray Romano as tehir spokesperson. His spots were getting a pretty decent test score with focus groups. Then, the ad agency put the first duck commercial before the group, and it blew Romano away.

Now, AFLAC's challenge isn't name recognition, but brand building. That's why recent commercials have gently nudged the duck into the background (although he's now part of the logo) and are getting more detailed in their descriptions of what AFLAC actually DOES for you. Great case study.

[/Boring advertising industry talk]

GRAPEAPE
03-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Recent Coors Light commercials. Espically the ones with the Coors Light twins!

King Felix
03-06-2006, 01:36 PM
the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasup ones were good too.

ILPhinFan88
03-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Go put on your halloween costume while mommy hides the Easter eggs........Capital One, I think

Hellion
03-06-2006, 06:44 PM
All time favorite is the Office Linebacker, I like the Nextell one where the dudes are dancing.

The one that cracks me up right now is the one where the two doctors are standing over the patient, and a fly is bugging them so the younger doc grabs the paddles and shocks the fly and they lean over the patient where the fly landed and says "that killed him" and they look up and the wife and daughter are standing there stunned.

finsrule84
03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
i love the Burger King NFL commercials. i hope they continue next season, they have so much potential with those.

23_Phins_84
03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
3. Guys have a rotating door with a fridge full of beer. It goes into the next room and other dudes are like "LOOK! The magic fridge is back"

2.the beer one where the dude and the girl are playing football, and she says "Im gonna be open", she catches it and the dude just LEVELS her, like Tony Bua style! lol

1.2 Guys are in an elevator."In order to motivate my workers, ive hidden beer around the office.(Door opens) Guys are punching holes through walls and tackling people for the beer.

Perfect23
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
All time favorite is the Office Linebacker, I like the Nextell one where the dudes are dancing.

The one that cracks me up right now is the one where the two doctors are standing over the patient, and a fly is bugging them so the younger doc grabs the paddles and shocks the fly and they lean over the patient where the fly landed and says "that killed him" and they look up and the wife and daughter are standing there stunned.

Yeah that one is preety funny.

FinFan72
03-07-2006, 07:31 AM
I like the Real Men of Genius commercials. Those things still crack me up to this day! :sidelol:

:lol: i like thise 2

sugarcane
03-07-2006, 08:09 AM
3. Guys have a rotating door with a fridge full of beer. It goes into the next room and other dudes are like "LOOK! The magic fridge is back"

2.the beer one where the dude and the girl are playing football, and she says "Im gonna be open", she catches it and the dude just LEVELS her, like Tony Bua style! lol

1.2 Guys are in an elevator."In order to motivate my workers, ive hidden beer around the office.(Door opens) Guys are punching holes through walls and tackling people for the beer.

I gotta agree,of course most of the commercials mentioned are really good,as far as commercials go. :)