PDA

View Full Version : Cheap PS2's

SKing29
03-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, well I'm a poor college student and my PS2 crapped out on me a few months ago, and after borrowing one for about a month I have now sadly been PS2-less for about three months. I've resorted to playing a Dreamcast. Okay, now that you've heard my sob story:boohoo: , does ayone know anywhere, wheter it be online or a chain store, where you can get PS2's at a discounted price that are generally dependable. I really don't like EBAY, because I've had video game run ins in the past with them that have left me quite weary of EBAY. I know there will be a risk with any PS2 that you buy, but I'm just hoping someone might have some tips.

Medieval954
03-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Bummer not having a working PS2. Aside from eBay, try your local Craigslist postings, classifieds or pawn shops. Also, there have been some rumblings Sony might cut the PS2 price at E3 in a couple months, if you can hold out. Here's the link to Craigslist.

http://www.craigslist.org/

Find your nearest city on the right and then go into electronics.

Also, you can try the Cheapassgamer forums and look for deals in there, either from "Video Game Deals" section which posts deals from online/brick and mortar stores or the "CAG Trading" section where you can buy/sell/request stuff from other members. Free registration to join.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

Good luck.

Blade
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
If you call up support center on the playstation website and tell them whats wrong with it, they will have you send the ps2 to a repair center and they will fix it for free.

When mine broke all i had to do was pay the 8 bucks for shipping and they fixed and sent it back to me within a week and a half.

AquaInferno
03-09-2006, 05:20 PM
If you call up support center on the playstation website and tell them whats wrong with it, they will have you send the ps2 to a repair center and they will fix it for free.

When mine broke all i had to do was pay the 8 bucks for shipping and they fixed and sent it back to me within a week and a half.

They recently were givin my friend a hard time about getting his laser lens replaced. I suggest you try and fix it yourself, consoles are not all that hard to fix. eBay is good for getting replacement parts. Out of curiosity what part of your PS2 do you suspect crapped out? A buddy of mine dropped his and deemed it unfixable I bought it for $50 and spent 10 minutes and $0 on the repair and it works great to this day.

SKing29
03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh, trust me the system was on life support the last two years. I mean I cleaned the lens, re-adjusted the white gear behind the lens, re-adjusted the voltage, re-oiled the rods the lens traveled on. All of this worked for a while and finally it would only read a few disks and no blue back ones, plus the fan was running on an outside power source. I did everything for the system and it was done. I could've bought a lens, but there was so many other thing wrong it may have been pointless, or it may have fixed it right up, who knows?, but the good news is that I now have a PS2 that I've bummed from a buddy, yay.