PDA

View Full Version : Macaulay Culkin struggles to stay in acting

BAMAPHIN 22
03-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Macaulay Culkin wonders where he fits into Hollywood these days.
“I don’t know what people want from me,” the grown-up child star of the “Home Alone” movies told Time magazine.

“I’m the most out-of-work actor I know,” said Culkin, who has a semiautobiographical, stream-of-consciousness novel, “Junior,” due out this month. “In the last two years I’ve basically taken meetings for a living.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11686499/

Phin-o-rama
03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
i for one think culkin is cool...he's not a spectacular actor, but i enjoyed the movie 'saved' and even party monster (one of the weirdest movies ever)......

Noodle Arm
03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
It's the pitfalls of being a child actor, some can have a career later in life, while others will struggle and end up in the "where are they now?" category. (ask Cory Haim/Feldman, Kirk Cameron, Webster :lol )

Phin-o-rama
03-06-2006, 02:07 PM
It's the pitfalls of being a child actor, some can have a career later in life, while others will struggle and end up in the "where are they now?" category. (ask Cory Haim/Feldman, Kirk Cameron, Webster :lol )

zomg just like that david spade movie......dickie roberts something or other...

thats NUCKING FUTS!

Roman529
03-06-2006, 03:36 PM
So many child actors have totally ruined their lives....Dano Plato, Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges, Danny Bonaduce, Corey Haim, Leif Garrett, etc. Macaulay sounds like he has it together...I think he got married and wasn't ruined by Michael Jackson. :lol: What kind of roles does he expect?...everyone remembers him from his Home Alone movies,,,he should grow a beard and moustache and then he can do flicks with Chuck Norris and Bruce Willis. :wink:

CrunchTime
03-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Last I heard he was living in London and actively participating in stage shows.

He had a stage Dad that really exploited him.It has happened to a lot of child stars.

The Home Alone movies are classic and we watch them every year at home during Christmas along with Christmas Vacation.

HysterikiLL
03-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Who?

Jt0323
03-06-2006, 05:46 PM

i agree, one of the most successful child stars would have to be Alyssa Milano and merry Kate and Ashley