PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts II

AquaInferno
03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Finally 3/28 Kingdom Hearts II comes out. Holy ****in ****, it's been a long *** time, a whole lotta waiting. I don't think I can contain myself for these next 22 days, Kingdom Hearts II is finally coming! :D Anyone else looking forward to this sequel?

mor911
03-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I actually thought KH1 was one of the most boring overrated games I'd ever played. I hope this one is fun. KH1 had boring repetative levels that just wasn't fun. Somewhere, the general populace started to believe that just because they mixed square characters and Disney characters together, it was automatically fun. IMO KH1 was WAAAAAAY overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining game... But 9's across the board? No way.

The bosses made some of the levels worth it, but in the end I came out extremely disappointed in Square.

Just my opinion of course. I'll probly sucker up and buy this one too.

AquaInferno
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I actually thought KH1 was one of the most boring overrated games I'd ever played. I hope this one is fun. KH1 had boring repetative levels that just wasn't fun. Somewhere, the general populace started to believe that just because they mixed square characters and Disney characters together, it was automatically fun. IMO KH1 was WAAAAAAY overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining game... But 9's across the board? No way.

The bosses made some of the levels worth it, but in the end I came out extremely disappointed in Square.

Just my opinion of course. I'll probly sucker up and buy this one too.

Boring?? I thought little of KH1 till I played it. But lemme think about boring, since there's nothing more fun than waiting turns to attack. "I'll wait my turn THEN I'll let him have it" :lol:

I like Kingdom Hearts because it has no turn based fighting and is a fun RPG. A lot of people tend to agree with the fun part.

Majpain
03-06-2006, 11:02 PM
KH doesn't appeal to me : /

Dolfan984
03-07-2006, 06:50 AM
I liked fighting Sephiroth in KH, that was pretty sick.

AquaInferno
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM

Did you beat him? He always took me down in about 1-2 hits :lol:

mor911
03-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, fighting Sephiroth was cool (I'm a huge Sephiroth fan), and there were some cool aspects of the game. But putting Sephiroth, Cloud, and other Square favorites in a game doesn't make it good.

The levels were all just repetative and boring to me. It had nothing to do with real-time battles vs. turn based battles. I've played games in both categories that I've both hated and loved.

Again, I'm not saying KH1 was a bad game. I'm just saying it's nowhere near as good as the media would lead you to believe. These days, anything that has the Square-Enix logo on it is food for the media hype machine.

Phin-o-rama
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
does anyone remember

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/7thJPG-1.jpg

mor911
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
does anyone remember

http://videoc.online.fr/box/7th.JPG
Funny story... This past week I've been on a classic game rampage. 7th Saga was one of the early SNES RPGs I played a little into. Wow. What an awful game. :lol:

Phin-o-rama
03-07-2006, 12:40 PM
it was cool back in the day :(

mor911
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
it was cool back in the day :(
No, it was extremely cool. I actually had a lot of fun retro-diving into games like this. 7th Saga had some truly innovative elements... Like being able to be an alien, demon, or robot dude. Way ahead of it's time.

Dolfan984
03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Did you beat him? He always took me down in about 1-2 hits :lol:

hell yeah man, you just gotta wittle him down and when he does that power that takes your hp and mana down to 1 you gotta use a megalixer at the same time otherwise he's gunna hunt quick and kill you.

Dolfan984
03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, fighting Sephiroth was cool (I'm a huge Sephiroth fan), and there were some cool aspects of the game. But putting Sephiroth, Cloud, and other Square favorites in a game doesn't make it good.

The levels were all just repetative and boring to me. It had nothing to do with real-time battles vs. turn based battles. I've played games in both categories that I've both hated and loved.

Again, I'm not saying KH1 was a bad game. I'm just saying it's nowhere near as good as the media would lead you to believe. These days, anything that has the Square-Enix logo on it is food for the media hype machine.

I agree that it was repetitive, and just cause they put FF7-9 characters in it doesn't make it good. But it did make it more enjoyable to me fighting in the arena and finding the right strategy to beat Seph. If Sephiroth is in KH2 I got to at least rent it.

Mike13
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
But putting Sephiroth, & Cloud, in a game doesn't make it good.

Unless its FFVII.

saves
03-11-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm not a huge video game fan, and I only have bought 2 non-sports game since my I got my PS2 years ago, but the first Kingdom Hearts was definatly one of them. I thought the game was sweet and I'm definatly going to pick it up.

JPhinfan86
03-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Of the younger demographic Kingdom Hearts is WITHOUT A DOUBT the most asked about sequel at work....holy crap. The next chapter of Final Fantasy is probably the most in the older group. To finally get some news is great so we have something to tell people. :lol:

JPhinfan86
03-15-2006, 05:20 AM
does anyone remember

http://videoc.online.fr/box/7th.JPG
HAHAHAHA....I was doing inventory the other day and I noticed this game on the shelf. I've never touched it. Is it worth borrowing and what would you compare it to? That's odd how that one stuck in my head.......we have so d@mn many SNES games I have to do inventory count on. :rolleyes: :lol: