PDA

View Full Version : Madden is a great game

Wallace758
03-07-2006, 02:22 AM
sorry to bring this up...but this is one hell of a game...the best part about is the franchise mood...you can sign trade players to get under the cap..also players may not wanna join your team if your not good...the best game ever...when i'm 70 and hopefully still alive ill probably still be playing...plus the games are realistic as well and u can update rosters if u have online play..frankly the greatest and most realistic football game..sorry just had to tell you

Slappy8800
03-07-2006, 02:24 AM
sorry to bring this up...but this is one hell of a game...the best part about is the franchise mood...you can sign trade players to get under the cap..also players may not wanna join your team if your not good...the best game ever...when i'm 70 and hopefully still alive ill probably still be playing...plus the games are realistic as well and u can update rosters if u have online play..frankly the greatest and most realistic football game..sorry just had to tell you

sup fellow nothern njer....we have a gaming forum

Bob Dylan
03-07-2006, 02:25 AM

You mean Madden 2006 that was released like 7 months ago?

Wallace758
03-07-2006, 02:25 AM
bloomfield right down the parkway from you..totowa

FinNasty
03-07-2006, 02:26 AM
It is the greatest video game there is...

Slappy8800
03-07-2006, 02:27 AM
bloomfield right down the parkway from you..totowa

a stones throw

SR 7
03-07-2006, 02:38 AM

did you just come out of a rock?

Semedi
03-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Madden is f'ing terrible. You should all be upset that they got an exclusive deal, because not only did Madden suck compared to NFL 2k5, but now you can look foward to a decade of zero innovation in your football games.

Slappy8800
03-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Madden is f'ing terrible. You should all be upset that they got an exclusive deal, because not only did Madden suck compared to NFL 2k5, but now you can look foward to a decade of zero innovation in your football games.

preach on

SR 7
03-07-2006, 03:01 AM
preach on

no it doesn't. celary the best football game out there. btw, what did you mean by the last part? no innovations? huh?

i dont like all the other football games as they seem too fake and easy

King Felix
03-07-2006, 03:02 AM
i love madden and hate 2k5 i have 2k5 and its horrible IMO

dolfanattic5
03-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Im with you on madden and this
Saban Supporter
If you're with me then put it in your sig!

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

AquaInferno
03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Madden is the best, I love how everyone says NFL 2k5 is better, they say 1 ****ing game is better, not the 2K series, but JUST 2K5. LET IT GO, remember 989 studios? Remember Gameday? At one point people could argue that it was better, but then it got ****ty. Now the same thing is happening with 2K5 when there was no 2K6 and will be no 2K7. Let it go people. If you cared about Sega's success and the 2K series' success you woulda bought a Dreamcast back when it was just NFL 2K. But I can bet 50% of you 2K fanboys never owned a Dreamcast, ever. Anyone notice hw badly the Phins OL got ****ed, Peppers sacked me 20 times one game, that is unrealistic... Enough of the 2K5 stuff, talk to me about the other 2K's and not just 2K5, show you know something other than 2K5 was cheap and you bought it cause of that.

Rixon
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Madden is the best, I love how everyone says NFL 2k5 is better, they say 1 ****ing game is better, not the 2K series, but JUST 2K5. LET IT GO, remember 989 studios? Remember Gameday? At one point people could argue that it was better, but then it got ****ty. Now the same thing is happening with 2K5 when there was no 2K6 and will be no 2K7. Let it go people. If you cared about Sega's success and the 2K series' success you woulda bought a Dreamcast back when it was just NFL 2K. But I can bet 50% of you 2K fanboys never owned a Dreamcast, ever. Anyone notice hw badly the Phins OL got ****ed, Peppers sacked me 20 times one game, that is unrealistic... Enough of the 2K5 stuff, talk to me about the other 2K's and not just 2K5, show you know something other than 2K5 was cheap and you bought it cause of that.

I dont know about the other 2k series but 2k5 was and is better than madden. the online league play was amazing. the game play was great and the graphics were way better than madden. sucks that we are stuck with madden for a decade now that EA sports will be the only ones making NFL football games

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:18 PM
no it doesn't. celary the best football game out there. btw, what did you mean by the last part? no innovations? huh?

i dont like all the other football games as they seem too fake and easy

:confused:

AquaInferno
03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I dont know about the other 2k series but 2k5 was and is better than madden. the online league play was amazing. the game play was great and the graphics were way better than madden. sucks that we are stuck with madden for a decade now that EA sports will be the only ones making NFL football games

And that's what I'm sayin, it's 2K6 now, we should be looking forward to 2007's games not thinking about 2K5. I cannot stress enough how lame it is stacking one game up to an entire series, if it were so great it woulda done better than Madden with it's $20 price, but it didn't. I had both of em, and didn't een play 2K5 enough to get $20 worth of playtime, because the OL was ****ed so bad I got sacked everytime I was gonna pass, or had someone in my face everytime I passed and didn't get sacked.

Semedi
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
And that's what I'm sayin, it's 2K6 now, we should be looking forward to 2007's games not thinking about 2K5. I cannot stress enough how lame it is stacking one game up to an entire series, if it were so great it woulda done better than Madden with it's $20 price, but it didn't. I had both of em, and didn't een play 2K5 enough to get $20 worth of playtime, because the OL was ****ed so bad I got sacked everytime I was gonna pass, or had someone in my face everytime I passed and didn't get sacked.

Guess you just suck at the game, learn to play? You've been indoctrined on Madden's crappy gameplay for so long you just can't get used to what a good football game plays like. And yes, the entire 2k series was better then Madden, and yes I owned a Dreamcast... but that's besides the point because 2k5 was the absolute pinnacle and the best football game ever made. Sadly, I can't talk about 2006 or 2007 because in terms of gaming those years are dead to me now. I'll be playing 2k5 for a good many years to come when I want my football gaming fix.

SR 7
03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
:confused:
loll clearly whoops

Miami 13
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
IMO Madden is an average game. I liked ESPN A LOT more than Madden. But obviously I will still buy Madden since it is the only NFL game available.

Phin-o-rama
03-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Guess you just suck at the game, learn to play? You've been indoctrined on Madden's crappy gameplay for so long you just can't get used to what a good football game plays like. And yes, the entire 2k series was better then Madden, and yes I owned a Dreamcast... but that's besides the point because 2k5 was the absolute pinnacle and the best football game ever made. Sadly, I can't talk about 2006 or 2007 because in terms of gaming those years are dead to me now. I'll be playing 2k5 for a good many years to come when I want my football gaming fix.

LOL

i have 2k5....its good, the best thing about it was the price tag......its funny your like attacking him being "indoctrined on madden's crappy gameplay" ...lol let it go man....really.

AquaInferno
03-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Explain to me where the sucking is in the computer AI not holding blocks on Phins OL. Where is my ****up in this? Should I just snap pass every time? Now you can say I could be a better team, but let's face it, that shouldn't happen with any team, not even the Cards. I will be indoctrined on Madden's gameplay all I want, they never REALLY ****ed the Phins like Sega Sports did. When a game ****s you, you say **** the game. Move on, it's 2006, either you can continue to squeeze every penny out of your $20 and pass with AJ "Touchey" Feeley all day while getting sacked a million times over, or you can move on to another game. Odds are when next gen rolls around you'll succumb and get Madden because it's an NFL game. Reviewers called it close with Madden 05 and ESPN 2K5, and it was 50/50 all the way. (Remember now, if you played Madden 05 you'd know it had leagues too.) It was deadheat, and here is a FACT ESPN NFL 2K5 could not outsell Madden even at $20. So EA sports came along and pulled their plug.

I will be happy once all you people forget about ESPN 2K5 it was 1 ****in game. Hopefully you forget by 2008... I think that gives everyone enough time to cry their ****in rivers.

Rixon
03-07-2006, 06:37 PM
i played madden all my life and i loved to play madden. last year i started to play 2k5 and never touched madden again until this year and thats only b/c its the only game available. 2k5's online game play and graphics were far ahead of its time. Its a shame that EA didnt copy the strong points 2k5 had and intergrated them into madden06. It trully is a shame we will never get to see 2k6.

Semedi
03-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Explain to me where the sucking is in the computer AI not holding blocks on Phins OL. Where is my ****up in this? Should I just snap pass every time? Now you can say I could be a better team, but let's face it, that shouldn't happen with any team, not even the Cards. I will be indoctrined on Madden's gameplay all I want, they never REALLY ****ed the Phins like Sega Sports did. When a game ****s you, you say **** the game. Move on, it's 2006, either you can continue to squeeze every penny out of your $20 and pass with AJ "Touchey" Feeley all day while getting sacked a million times over, or you can move on to another game. Odds are when next gen rolls around you'll succumb and get Madden because it's an NFL game. Reviewers called it close with Madden 05 and ESPN 2K5, and it was 50/50 all the way. (Remember now, if you played Madden 05 you'd know it had leagues too.) It was deadheat, and here is a FACT ESPN NFL 2K5 could not outsell Madden even at $20. So EA sports came along and pulled their plug.

I will be happy once all you people forget about ESPN 2K5 it was 1 ****in game. Hopefully you forget by 2008... I think that gives everyone enough time to cry their ****in rivers.

At least Rixon gets it... you on the other hand I'm afraid are a lost cause. I can't see how anyone who played 2k5 wouldn't be bowled over by just how superior of a football SIM it is. That's right, it's not an arcade-o-rama like Madden. What's that you say? You were getting sacked? Funny... I play as the Dolphins every time and don't have that problem. Maybe because I don't hold onto the ball five seconds before I pass it... remember, this isn't Madden and that crap won't fly in 2k5. Here's a hint, you can't hold it that long in the real NFL without getting sacked either. Learn to take the proper drops, read the field, and make a pass... like a real QB. There's a tutorial mode that'll hold your hand through it if that's what you need?

PassRush
03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I love Madden though lately some of the features have been becoming too hard to operate and they always change. For example, Madden 04 had the inovative playmaker controlls. On defense, the first second after the snap you could have your players play run or pass just by hitting the stick once. Now that they have the hit/truck stick, to do that you have to hold down like three other buttons.

By the way, there are times when it is not at all realistic, the DTs get more sacks than the DEs.

I still cannot put the game down

Phin-o-rama
03-08-2006, 12:26 PM
i thought in 2k5 the fact that when u run the ball and change directions you basically lost your speed....that was lame imo and ruined the running game

Dolfan11
03-08-2006, 09:38 PM
For what it's worth I've played and ownded Madden every year since it was on Super NES. I played the 2K series since dreamcast, though I always found myself playing madden more than 2K. IMO, Madden is better than 2k, in an overall gaming standpoint when you consider everything the game has to offer. However, the only two things I'll give 2K credit for having over Madden was the gameplay and the presentation (ESPN). And one more thing, you all should stop :boohoo: because EA did buyout the rights to make all football games, but don't forget their working with 2K studios and most likely will implement the ESPN license along with improved gameplay (hopefully).

AquaInferno
03-09-2006, 12:02 AM
At least Rixon gets it... you on the other hand I'm afraid are a lost cause. I can't see how anyone who played 2k5 wouldn't be bowled over by just how superior of a football SIM it is. That's right, it's not an arcade-o-rama like Madden. What's that you say? You were getting sacked? Funny... I play as the Dolphins every time and don't have that problem. Maybe because I don't hold onto the ball five seconds before I pass it... remember, this isn't Madden and that crap won't fly in 2k5. Here's a hint, you can't hold it that long in the real NFL without getting sacked either. Learn to take the proper drops, read the field, and make a pass... like a real QB. There's a tutorial mode that'll hold your hand through it if that's what you need?
Actually my long snapper was snapping the ball high everytime. And he put Peppers on the far right and came in untouched every time, he used a cheap little tactic. But I'm done explaining this to you, and done dealing with you period. I'll let you sit and stay with ESPN NFL 2K5, me Imma keep movin on I'll cya 'round.

UltraDol-Fan
03-09-2006, 11:08 AM
i thought in 2k5 the fact that when u run the ball and change directions you basically lost your speed....that was lame imo and ruined the running game

It took me awhile to figure this out, but on xbox the juke was pressure sensitive, so if you tapped it lightly you could change directions without losing speed.

Rixon
03-11-2006, 03:46 AM
i may be drubk but i know my stufffff

GridIronKing34
03-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Never was a fan of the 2K5 series, personally it wasn't worth the 20 dollars, I couldn't get into it. Oh wait, why did I say that, Semedi will only come back and tell me I just suck at the game. Seriously dude, quit being a jerk about everything, AquaInferno said he didn't like the because of pass protection, and you go out on a limb and just say oh that's just because you suck. Grow something between your legs and realize that people have different preferences than you instead of being a jerk and flaming people about it.

banzaitrey
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I remember in 2k5 i would run with Ricky hb off tackle and no matter what i would score...Its not realistic...no real juke moves and you break tackles to easy with small backs...Madden is the best game by far and im sure if madden was 20 or 2k5 woulda been 50 then none of these people would be saying how much better it was

dol_fan_81
03-13-2006, 05:35 AM
IMO Madden is an average game. I liked ESPN A LOT more than Madden. But obviously I will still buy Madden since it is the only NFL game available.

sme here, but i cant stand madden on the good consoles, i'll probab;ly only buy tem on the DS.

outlawd2u
03-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Madden 06 is the best Football game EVER. I was a lot better at some of the previous versions or even at some of the 2k games, but that's what makes Madden 06 so great. As far as overall gameplay the game is as close as you're going to get to the real thing.

Scrap
03-17-2006, 05:59 PM
The theatrical aspect, and the graphics in general were better on 2k5. Other than that Madden is much better.

I don't play with the passing cones though. (Too hard.)

banzaitrey
03-17-2006, 06:53 PM
The cones make it more fun and challenging

Phin-o-rama
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
im just now getting to where i am a pro passer with gus's cones.....well not pro but playing online this time of year the only ones playing are good players hehe.

i do hate it whenever gus just overthrows a wide open receiver when i plant and throw with the cone right on the guy...and it just flies over their head...sucks

i swear im lame but i have to buy 2007 now thanks to culpepper, and i cant wait to see how good we'll be on there :D

King Felix
03-18-2006, 09:11 PM
I remember in 2k5 i would run with Ricky hb off tackle and no matter what i would score...Its not realistic...no real juke moves and you break tackles to easy with small backs...Madden is the best game by far and im sure if madden was 20 or 2k5 woulda been 50 then none of these people would be saying how much better it was

:yeahthat:

BigDogsHunt
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Dumb question, but this time of year it always comes back and makes me think about it....

Why in franchise mode and off season menu, is Free Agent signings after the draft and not before like in the real world.

This is the only thing that ticks me off each franchise off season since I would prefer to sign FA like they do in the real NFL and then use the draft to simply add talent and youth.

Any one know why Madden has this feature backwards???

BigDogsHunt
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
i love madden and hate 2k5 i have 2k5 and its horrible IMO

I do wish Madden would incorporate the "Inside the Helmet" mode from 2k5. I loved that feeling and perspective.

ORL4Fins
03-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I switched from madden to nfl2k3 and been sold on all of the 2K sports since then. for me, their line was just alot funner than EA. Why is their cheap prices last year subject of complaint from gamers? EA was the one who forced everyone else out when they realized espn and sega made a good combo. Yea, now forced to, I will go back to Madden, but I dont like how this turned out in the least. We had 2 good choices before, now .. take it or leave it.

Despacio
03-23-2006, 03:49 AM
It's funny that one gamer here was complaining that they had no time to throw. One of the biggest criticisms with Madden is that you can run around all day behind your line, run back ten yards, bomb it, and complete the pass.

I'm sure that tendency has been corrected. But to say that 2K5 was bad for not giving you enough time to throw is one example of why some people say it's a more realistic/better game than Madden. You shouldn't have time to throw, you should get 2-3 seconds in the pocket on average and that is it. That is NFL football.

And why complain about the $20 price tag. Without 2K football, look at what EA is charging you for Madden 2006 on the 360 with stripped down features, $60.

And I've been playing 2K since the Dreamcast, and it gradually worked it's way to match the review scores of Madden. Do your research and you'll find even 2K4 had scores that matched Madden's.

And please don't insult me by saying Sega pulled the plug on the series. EA did by buying out the NFL b/c let's face it, the competition was getting too tough. It's a common EA tactic, and not just in the football genre.

There is a reason 2K5 is still defended by gamers, it was that damn good. Better than Madden, that's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, yes. And I did indeed try both games on several occasions.