PDA

View Full Version : trade down!!!

DBoston80
03-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Why not trade down to the late 1st bround and get some more picks..there are still quality guys who will be available at that point.

Carpenter, Lawson, Mangold etc.

motioncityhifi
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Im sure Saban would like to trade down. Its a matter of finding someone to trade down with and getting proper compensation for trading down.

Motion
03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I'd like to trade down and grab Ko Simpson.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd like to trade down and grab Ko Simpson.

again, it would help us fill a need and pick up an extra pick somewhere to help fill more needs that we have. We are already short on picks going into the draft.

kpcane
03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I just looked at the pick value chart, and it looks like it would be a dead even trade if we traded our first and second for Denver's two first rounders. That sounds delicious to me.

Motion
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I just looked at the pick value chart, and it looks like it would be a dead even trade if we traded our first and second for Denver's two first rounders. That sounds delicious to me.

Sounds good to me. They could trade up to grab Holmes or Jackson. We could grab Simpson and Mangold.

Although I have heard rumors of them trading one of those 1st rounders for John Abraham.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 02:38 PM

That would be just awsome. We could really take advantage of that. end up with 2 first rounders. there is alot of talent that we could get in that part of the round

kpcane
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Sounds good to me. They could trade up to grab Holmes or Jackson. We could grab Simpson and Mangold.

Although I have heard rumors of them trading one of those 1st rounders for John Abraham.

Those were the exact two I was thinking of. But then again, do you think we should pass on a guy like Winston if he's available? I've heard good things about Mangold, but I think LT is more of a need position.

kpcane
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
That would be just awsome. We could really take advantage of that. end up with 2 first rounders. there is alot of talent that we could get in that part of the round

I wonder if they've even considered it, or if Denver is considering trading those two picks. I wonder if Saban can twist their arm in doing it because of what they did to Ricky, which was illegal might I add.

How about Ricky and a 2nd, and we get their two first rounders and keep ours too. Now that would be a sweet deal, but they wouldn't do it.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
I wonder if they've even considered it, or if Denver is considering trading those two picks. I wonder if Saban can twist their arm in doing it because of what they did to Ricky, which was illegal might I add.

How about Ricky and a 2nd, and we get their two first rounders and keep ours too. Now that would be a sweet deal, but they wouldn't do it.

I could only dream that they did that. I think they owe us after letting that info on Ricky slip out.... *******s

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:13 PM

Saban is good, but I don't know if he's quite THAT good. :D

Skeet84
03-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Denver already traded one of there 1st round picks to New York Jets for Abraham.

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Denver already traded one of there 1st round picks to New York Jets for Abraham.

I don't think thats official at this point.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 03:21 PM

is that true, im looking for it. where did you read that skeet?

dolfan3431
03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
no if we do that we should grab cromartie and lawson

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
no if we do that we should grab cromartie and lawson

Cromartie has slipped, we may be able to grab him in the 2nd, unless he lights it up at his pro day.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Cromartie has slipped, we may be able to grab him in the 2nd, unless he lights it up at his pro day.

How sweet would it be if we could get Simpson in the first, and Cromarite in the second. I sure think that would beef up our secondary

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
How sweet would it be if we could get Simpson in the first, and Cromarite in the second. I sure think that would beef up our secondary

We'd definitely be set with the secondary for a long time.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 03:42 PM
We'd definitely be set with the secondary for a long time.

Id be very happy

dolfan3431
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM

I heard cromartie ran a 4.31 recently and is fully healed of his injury how did he slip

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I heard cromartie ran a 4.31 recently and is fully healed of his injury how did he slip

Where did he run that? He wasn't that fast at the combine which what my comment was based on. Did FSU have their pro day already?

dolfan3431
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/rumormill.html

heres the link

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:57 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/rumormill.html

heres the link

Good stuff. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the link.

I epsecially liked these parts:

• Don't look now but the honeymoon could be coming to a halt for Texas QB Vince Young and the critiques of his game from scouts are becoming increasingly negative.

• There is growing speculation that the Houston Texans are far from a lock to select Reggie Bush and that the guy they are really becoming enamored with is D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
Been calling both those for awhile now.

playmaker1
03-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Sweet, thanks for that link. That is very interesting