PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will be PG for usa basketball??

marke27
03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
the 3 trying out for the team is arenas, chris paul and luke ridnour.....arenas will be the starter so who do you think gets to be the back up? i know everyone thinks paul is better but if u want a pure point guard then ridnour has to be the choice....paul is a scoreing pg...ridnour is a passing pure pg....with all the scoring stars on this team....the team needs a pg that is going to pass the ball more then shoot...just what i think...what does everyone else think??

phunwin
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Ridnour has a few problems, the most glaring of which is that he couldn't guard my grandmother. Frankly, he shouldn't be on the 23 man squad at all.

At the World Championships, the PG will be Arenas. Paul will be the backup and Ridnour will either be the 12th man or not be on the WC team. Remember that the offense is going to run through Bryant and James anyway, so the point guard doesn't need to be a great ball distributor, he just needs to be able to take advantage of the open looks he's going to get. Billups is ideal for such a role: he's a good ball distributor, but he's a deadly outside shooter. Of course, Billups won't be on the WC team, so it's moot. Arenas, then, is the logical choice since he's basically a slightly more shoot-first version of Billups.

Paul will be the backup to Billups in '08 and will be the starter by the '10 World Championships unless his career has a mysterious, X-Files type decline or he joins Jay Williams' motorcycle club.

marke27
03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
ok i agree ridnour cant guard but he is good at stealing the ball...alot of people drive on him and has he gets to the hoop....luke will slap the ball out of his hand.....as you can see im a ridnour fan so of course im hopeing he can make the team

Roman529
03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
It will be AI, when he replaces a guy who doesn't deserve to be there. I am sure lots of pros will back off at the last minute.

marke27
03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
It will be AI, when he replaces a guy who doesn't deserve to be there. I am sure lots of pros will back off at the last minute.

AI wasnt invited actually....and i will be one to say he is a great bball player...but maybe his image has something to do with the coach or whoever made up this team...doesnt want that on his team...plus iverson is a ball hog and with bryant and james already there...no need for another one.

phunwin
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I shouldn't come off like I hate Ridnour; I like Ridnour because he's a throwback in a lot of ways. There aren't enough pass-first points in the NBA, so it's nice to see a guy who does. Basically, he's an impoverished man's Steve Nash. Really, there's nothing wrong with that.

AI won't be on the team, and shouldn't. Iverson's desire to represent his country is admirable, but basically, you have to pick between him and Kobe Bryant. You can't play them on the court at the same time, and it's hard to believe Iverson will be okay sitting for the vast majority of the game.

So between Iverson and Bryant, who are you taking? Both guys have a tendency to dominate the ball, and both can score in bunches. But one's on the downside of his career (remember, they're looking for a 3 year commitment), and stopped playing quality defense about 2 years ago.

byroan
03-07-2006, 05:15 PM
plus iverson is a ball hog and with bryant and james already there...no need for another one.

Iverson isn't a ballhog. He's ranked 8th in assists, ahead of Luke Ridnour.

sharp
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Paul is not a scoring PG, in the 3 years he will be the most complete PG in the game

phunwin
03-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Iverson isn't a ballhog. He's ranked 8th in assists, ahead of Luke Ridnour.

Given that Iverson has the ball in his hands for the vast majority of every single Sixers possession, I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't in the top 10 in assists. The raw number for assists is not, by itself, indicative of unselfishness. Iverson's assist rate, which calculates the percentage of his possessions that ends with an assist is 41st out of the NBA's 43 point guards.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 05:22 PM
AI wasnt invited actually....and i will be one to say he is a great bball player...but maybe his image has something to do with the coach or whoever made up this team...doesnt want that on his team...plus iverson is a ball hog and with bryant and james already there...no need for another one.

If AI is a ball hog how come he is in the top 10 in assists....I don't see LeBron and Kobe sharing the rock like this. I know AI wasn't invited...that is why I said he will replace someone who was.

phunwin
03-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Paul is not a scoring PG, in the 3 years he will be the most complete PG in the game

I agree. Paul is going to be awesome. I would be shocked if he's not the NBA's best point guard within 5 years.

phunwin
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
If AI is a ball hog how come he is in the top 10 in assists....I don't see LeBron and Kobe sharing the rock like this. I know AI wasn't invited...that is why I said he will replace someone who was.

See my post above. AI's a ballhog and the stats bear it out. As a Sixers fan, you should know this better than anyone.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Given that Iverson has the ball in his hands for the vast majority of every single Sixers possession, I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't in the top 10 in assists. The raw number for assists is not, by itself, indicative of unselfishness. Iverson's assist rate, which calculates the percentage of his possessions that ends with an assist is 41st out of the NBA's 43 point guards.

That's just because he plays more minutes than everyone else. He is having his best year ever,,,,better than his MVP year. People who hate AI just don't get it.

Ferretsquig
03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
That's just because he plays more minutes than everyone else. He is having his best year ever,,,,better than his MVP year. People who hate AI just don't get it.

You're a little clueless there....hes talking about percentage of possessions. Now tell me again how that relates to minutes played?

Everyone knows the starting PG job is Billups' if he wants it. I dont think its a certainty that hes going to join the team, his wife may have something to say about it. Arenas should be the first one cut...Wade is a better PG than him.

phunwin
03-07-2006, 05:56 PM

:lol: OK, first off, you just argued that Iverson's assists per game were proof that he's not a ballhog. Since Iverson plays a ton of minutes, and thus has lots of opportunity to rack up assists, wouldn't THAT be due to playing more minutes than anyone else?

Beyond that, assist rate measures the PERCENTAGE of times a player's possession ends with an assist. The number of minutes played is irrelevant to the calculation. Roughly 18% of Iverson's possessions end with an assist. The average for a point guard is between 25 and 30. Chauncey Billups is around 35, I believe, and is either the leader, or very close to being the leader among point guards that have a starting job. (I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment). So basically, TWICE as many of Billups' possessions end in assists as Iverson's.

Understand this: I like Iverson. Calling AI a ballhog and saying I like him are not at all mutually incompatible. I love to watch him; he might be the most fascinating one-on-one basketball player since MJ. He's a sure-fire Hall of Famer, he's having a fine season, and I hope he keeps doing his thing for many more years. But he's a ballhog. The stats make it clear; they have nothing to do with the number of minutes he plays. Anyone who's ever watched a Sixers game should know he's a ballhog just from watching him play. For God's sake man, call a spade a spade!

Buddwalk
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
scoring machine arenas easy

but pg...chris paul no doubt

Give paul 2 more years and your talking all star top 5 pg easy...maybe top 3

byroan
03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
AI's a ballhog and the stats bear it out.

A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 when it comes to assists. The definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball.

Fresh
03-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Arenas starting at PG for Team USA = Say goodbye to the Gold medal.

The starting PG job should go to Chris Paul for the time being. Arenas is one of those "ball hog" players who doesn't belong on that squad. However, I think Chauncey will eventually join the team, and when he does, I'd like to see Billups + Paul.

Fresh
03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 when it comes to assists. The definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball.
Very, very false statement. It's not hard to pile up assists at all.

(NOTE: Personally, I don't think A.I. is a ball hog. He just wants to win and he knows the rest of his team is a piece of ****. Give A.I. a player like Jermaine O'Neal or Kevin Garnett, and he'll be very passive - while still getting his share. Offensively, you can't take the rest of that Philly team seriously. First off, Iverson is basically the only good ballhandler on that team. Then, you've got guys like Kyle Korver who chuck up three's all night, and guys like Iggy who wouldn't have a clue of what to do with the ball offensively 50% of the time. Oh, and of course you have the ever-so inconsistent Chris Webber who got boo'ed out of Sacromento)

Boik14
03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ok i agree ridnour cant guard but he is good at stealing the ball...alot of people drive on him and has he gets to the hoop....luke will slap the ball out of his hand.....as you can see im a ridnour fan so of course im hopeing he can make the teamStealing the ball doesnt alone make a player a good defender. Not allowing the man your guarding to get the shot they want is good defense. Moving your feet to stop penetration is good defense. Ridnour is just bad though. He cant shoot (hovers around 40% much of the year), he cant guard, his assists are mediocore for someone who's supposed to be a true PG. Ill take Arenas, Paul, AI (if he had been invited by Coach K/Coangelo etc), and a handful of others over him without hesitation.

Boik14
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Arenas starting at PG for Team USA = Say goodbye to the Gold medal.

The starting PG job should go to Chris Paul for the time being. Arenas is one of those "ball hog" players who doesn't belong on that squad. However, I think Chauncey will eventually join the team, and when he does, I'd like to see Billups + Paul.Arenas is far from a ball hog player. His True shooting % (measured by Average of FG% and FT%) if you read the Hollinger stats ranks him 34th in the league overall. He's asked to score a lot because hes the player that makes the Wizards go. They need him to score and to push the tempo because they are not a good half court team. If you watch the wizards at all you know thats a team that needs arenas to get in the open floor with butler and just go to the hoop. Many of Arenas assists though come in half court sets when he has to settle into the role of a traditional PG.

Ferretsquig
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
The average for a point guard is between 25 and 30. Chauncey Billups is around 35, I believe, and is either the leader, or very close to being the leader among point guards that have a starting job.

try 29...

Boik14
03-07-2006, 07:39 PM
The misconceptions about players in this thread is killing me. People call ridnour a true PG and Iverson a ballhog but who would you take on your team: Iverson's 30PPG+, 7ast and a TO ratio ( TO Turnover Ratio is the percentage of a player’s possessions that end in a turnover. Turnover Ratio = (Turnover x 100) divided by [(FGA + (FTA x 0.44) + Assists + Turnovers])
of 7.8 or ridnour, his 8-9ppg/7 ast and a TO Ration of 10? No brainer. And for good measure arenas is 94th in the league in TO ratio at 10.5, barely behind a true PG.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 07:39 PM
:lol: OK, first off, you just argued that Iverson's assists per game were proof that he's not a ballhog. Since Iverson plays a ton of minutes, and thus has lots of opportunity to rack up assists, wouldn't THAT be due to playing more minutes than anyone else?

Beyond that, assist rate measures the PERCENTAGE of times a player's possession ends with an assist. The number of minutes played is irrelevant to the calculation. Roughly 18% of Iverson's possessions end with an assist. The average for a point guard is between 25 and 30. Chauncey Billups is around 35, I believe, and is either the leader, or very close to being the leader among point guards that have a starting job. (I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment). So basically, TWICE as many of Billups' possessions end in assists as Iverson's.

Understand this: I like Iverson. Calling AI a ballhog and saying I like him are not at all mutually incompatible. I love to watch him; he might be the most fascinating one-on-one basketball player since MJ. He's a sure-fire Hall of Famer, he's having a fine season, and I hope he keeps doing his thing for many more years. But he's a ballhog. The stats make it clear; they have nothing to do with the number of minutes he plays. Anyone who's ever watched a Sixers game should know he's a ballhog just from watching him play. For God's sake man, call a spade a spade!

You probably think Chauncey is a better player than AI too....just another AI hater.

Boik14
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Given that Iverson has the ball in his hands for the vast majority of every single Sixers possession, I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't in the top 10 in assists. The raw number for assists is not, by itself, indicative of unselfishness. Iverson's assist rate, which calculates the percentage of his possessions that ends with an assist is 41st out of the NBA's 43 point guards. Iversons % of possessions that end in assists is 18.1 (67th in the league) with a PER of 26.84 (7th overall). Ridnour's % of possessions that end in assists in 33.1 (9th overall) but his per is only 15.96 (68th overall) because he contributes nothing else except FT%. And Iverson has the 15th LOWEST To Ratio in the entire league (Again TO ratio = the percentage of a player’s possessions that end in a turnover. Turnover Ratio = (Turnover x 100) divided by [(FGA + (FTA x 0.44) + Assists + Turnovers]) compared to ridnour's 10% TO ratio (78th in the league) and not only is iverson better but more efficient as well. And this is coming from someone who isnt an AI fan either. Hes still a remarkable player though.

Boik14
03-07-2006, 07:53 PM
You probably think Chauncey is a better player than AI too....just another AI hater.Thats ALOT closer than you think in terms of real stats. PPG iverson will kill most anyone but Chauncey is not far off in overall ranking.
Iverson is 7th in per @ 26.84
Billups is 9th @ 23.66.

Boik14
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Given that Iverson has the ball in his hands for the vast majority of every single Sixers possession, I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't in the top 10 in assists. The raw number for assists is not, by itself, indicative of unselfishness. Iverson's assist rate, which calculates the percentage of his possessions that ends with an assist is 41st out of the NBA's 43 point guards.Right but youre calling Iverson a true PG which hes not. hes a 2 guard in a PG's body. He not only contributes 30+ppg, 7-8 dimes a night but hes got a better percentage of possessions ending with assists then many PG's. If he had decent players to pass to that % would be even higher. But aside from Webber and Dalembert he has a bunch of low percentage shooters and Dalembert isnt offensively skilled enough yet to make a big impact on Iversons % of possessions that end in assists.

Boik14
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Roughly 18% of Iverson's possessions end with an assist. The average for a point guard is between 25 and 30. Chauncey Billups is around 35, I believe, and is either the leader, or very close to being the leader among point guards that have a starting job. (I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment). So basically, TWICE as many of Billups' possessions end in assists as Iverson's. Billups is tied for 5th among starters (at any position) at 33.1. But his per is still slightly lower than AI. Ai is the better player, Ai is the guy who can carry a team on his shoulders. Billups isnt quite that guy though i love to watch him. But again youre comparing the 2nd best true PG (Billups) to a PG/SG tweener who has to do more then Billups for his team have a chance.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Billups is tied for 5th among starters (at any position) at 33.1. But his per is still slightly lower than AI. Ai is the better player, Ai is the guy who can carry a team on his shoulders. Billups isnt quite that guy though i love to watch him. But again youre comparing the 2nd best true PG (Billups) to a PG/SG tweener who has to do more then Billups for his team have a chance.

Don't get me wrong...I love Chauncey....I got to see him play many games in Denver when I was growing up. Got to see him play at my alma mater (Univ. of Colorado), but I would still take AI.

Rixon
03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
with kobe billups wade Paul i see this team sharing point guard duty throughout the game . Personally i dont like having so many players dribbling the ball down the court. It messes up the Rythm of the team. Right now the best player the team has to bring the ball up is Billups. He is a tough leader a smart player and the best floor general team usa has. i see kobe as a 3 that will bring up the ball in certain situations. Paul will be the back up PG at first and as his game develops he may even become the main PG. Wade will be the 2 and we all know he can more than handle the PG duty. i really hope Kobe doesnt demad bringing up the ball during the games this will piss off the other players and hell ruin the chemistry. Im sorry to have to say this but this team will go as far as kobe lets it. if he plays his role well go far if he tries to be the man team usa loses to any good international team with chemistry.

bullseyeguy
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Did Nash turn down the invite? Because he would obviously be the best choice...

Rixon
03-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Did Nash turn down the invite? Because he would obviously be the best choice...

hes canadian

bullseyeguy
03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
hes canadian
Sorry I had an idiot moment....

Boik14
03-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Don't get me wrong...I love Chauncey....I got to see him play many games in Denver when I was growing up. Got to see him play at my alma mater (Univ. of Colorado), but I would still take AI. I would take AI too. Its just a lot closer then most people think it is. Ai is a top 7 player, billups is probably top 10-12

marke27
03-08-2006, 04:22 AM
Stealing the ball doesnt alone make a player a good defender. Not allowing the man your guarding to get the shot they want is good defense. Moving your feet to stop penetration is good defense. Ridnour is just bad though. He cant shoot (hovers around 40% much of the year), he cant guard, his assists are mediocore for someone who's supposed to be a true PG. Ill take Arenas, Paul, AI (if he had been invited by Coach K/Coangelo etc), and a handful of others over him without hesitation.

ok first off ridnour is fine shooting the ball 40%...thats as good as jj redicks stats in college and everyone thinks hes god or something....also when it comes to ridnour not picking up as many assists as other in the league....its kinda hard to get alot when the sonics dont have a scoreing big man on its team. its real easy for other point guards to throw it into the post and get easy assists....most of ridnours either comes on alley opps...no look--behind the back passes...or hitting allen or lewis for 3 balls....but really its hard when they dont have a scoring big man like many other teams...otherwise he would be top 5 guarented....also as for billiups...his wife is having a baby i believe i heard when the practices and stuff are... so u can scratch him off the list...also michael redd isnt going to go cause he is getting married around that time.

phunwin
03-08-2006, 08:42 AM

Please see the discussion above, thanks. This point has been repeatedly and soundly debunked.

You probably think Chauncey is a better player than AI too....just another AI hater.

Didn't I just say that I like Iverson, and that liking the guy and believing he's a ballhog are two entirely different things? No, I don't think Chauncey's a better player; as Boik noted, Iverson's PER is among the best in the league. Iverson, right now, is statistically the best point guard in the league (yes, I know he's really a 2 guard in a point's body, but the Sixers play him at the point, so he's a point guard until they move him).

Unfortunately, the whole reason you can't put Iverson on this team is that you can only have so many ballhogs on the court at the same time. There's no possible way you can play Kobe and AI together. None. So unless AI is content being the second unit scorer, since Kobe's a better player, he doesn't get invited. And since you're building a team for a 3 year term, and there's always a good chance that Iverson's going to get injured or shot, you've got to look elsewhere.

Incidentally, I'm retracting my statement that Arenas should be the point guard for this team in the absence of Billups. Statistically, he's an even bigger ballhog than AI. (16.9 Assist Rate) Of course, I don't think he's got the ego AI does, and would probably be more willing to defer to Bryant and James, so that's probably part of why they picked him. Still, I'd use Wade as the de facto point right now, which on this team really just means bringing the ball up the court.

try 29...

Is that the average for a point guard? I didn't total up the numbers to figure out the mean, but the median and mode are both 26.

byroan
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Please see the discussion above, thanks. This point has been repeatedly and soundly debunked.
I read it. My statement still stands. A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 for assists. Once again, the definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball. How does someone who doesn't pass the ball, end up in the top 10 for assists?

phunwin
03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I read it. My statement still stands. A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 for assists. Once again, the definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball. How does someone who doesn't pass the ball, end up in the top 10 for assists?

1. Iverson dishes out an assist 18% of the time he has the ball. That's 41st out of the league's 43 point guards.

2. Iverson dishes out about 8 assists per game, which is among the league leaders.

We KNOW 1 & 2 are true. So, given that, if Iverson dishes out a significant number of assists, and yet only records an assist 18% of the time he has the ball, what can we conclude? The only logical conclusion is that he has the ball pretty much constantly; that's the only way he could rack up a significant number of assists. This is simple math, not subjective opinion.

If he has the ball constantly, and has an assist only once in a great while, what else is he but a ballhog? Iverson's high assist numbers are only a function of having the ball almost every single time the Sixers are on offense.

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 08:39 PM

but a ballhog can be defined as someone that takes the 2nd most shots in the nba from the pg postion :yes:

byroan
03-08-2006, 08:42 PM
but a ballhog can be defined as someone that takes the 2nd most shots in the nba from the pg postion :yes:

Seeing as how he's a SG playing PG. He's going to take shots. But once again, a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the BALL and HOGS it.

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Seeing as how he's a SG playing PG. He's going to take shots. But once again, a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the BALL and HOGS it.

You just dont get it nevermind...:lol:

You have it set in your mind and you dont want some 17 year old kid telling you something you already think you know

byroan
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
You just dont get it nevermind...:lol:

You have it set in your mind and you dont want some 17 year old kid telling you something you already think you know

It has nothing to do with that so it's obvious you don't get it. You don't understand what the word ballhog means.

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
It has nothing to do with that so it's obvious you don't get it. You don't understand what the word ballhog means.

I actually play ball I do understand what ballhog means, Jeesh bro your hardheaded. Ok He touches the ball every single posession for philly...meaning hes going to get assist DUH...Have you even watched any 76ers games bro? He constantly takes shots that are unnessecary...one reason I've never put him in my top 5 of players. Hes a ballhog when the game breaks down in the final seconds he does not pass the ball, or rarely does. He'll pass up a wide open 3 from another teamate, and just hit a jumper. Also not to mention like you said SG in a PG's body...face it bro hes a ballhog.

byroan
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
I actually play ball I do understand what ballhog means, Jeesh bro your hardheaded. Ok He touches the ball every single posession for philly...meaning hes going to get assist DUH...Have you even watched any 76ers games bro? He constantly takes shots that are unnessecary...one reason I've never put him in my top 5 of players. Hes a ballhog when the game breaks down in the final seconds he does not pass the ball, or rarely does. He'll pass up a wide open 3 from another teamate, and just hit a jumper. Also not to mention like you said SG in a PG's body...face it bro hes a ballhog.

Yeah and I play ball as well, means nothing to this conversation. Who cares who is in your top 5 list? You don't define who is a good basketball player and who isn't.

BTW, I'd watch who you're calling hardheaded. :shakeno:

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah and I play ball as well, means nothing to this conversation. Who cares who is in your top 5 list? You don't define who is a good basketball player and who isn't.

BTW, I'd watch who you're calling hardheaded. :shakeno:

Why should I watch who I call hardheaded? Is this because your a mod byroan, no need to show off your fancy powers bro...Just relax were talking basketball, nothing personal here. You should also watch how agressive your getting with a simple forum member, other mods might be watching. AI is a great player but a ballhog he is and 99.9% of nba viewers will agree with me...So maybe No one cares about my top 5 list but I do. Also Who does define who a good basketball player is? Overpaid ESPN analysts, or Kids younger then you. I actually do truely believe that when you ever consider my opinion you do factor my age into the equation...I've seen numerous posts on this board of discussions between you and I and you've acted like this the whole time. Maybe because your a mod, or maybe you just dont like me...Thats cool If you dont like me no one has to and im certainly not paying you too. But you should know as a mod, it doesnt give you the right to factor your anger on one member. Have a smile and a coke bro and relax :cooldude:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/coke-1.jpg

I didnt mean hardheaded as an offensive term, I was pointing out your views int his thread...your not listening to anyone and considering anything your simply believing what comes out of your mouth is the absolute truth.

byroan
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Why should I watch who I call hardheaded? Is this because your a mod byroan, no need to show off your fancy powers bro...Just relax were talking basketball, nothing personal here. You should also watch how agressive your getting with a simple forum member, other mods might be watching. AI is a great player but a ballhog he is and 99.9% of nba viewers will agree with me...So maybe No one cares about my top 5 list but I do. Also Who does define who a good basketball player is? Overpaid ESPN analysts, or Kids younger then you. I actually do truely believe that when you ever consider my opinion you do factor my age into the equation...I've seen numerous posts on this board of discussions between you and I and you've acted like this the whole time. Maybe because your a mod, or maybe you just dont like me...Thats cool If you dont like me no one has to and im certainly not paying you too. But you should know as a mod, it doesnt give you the right to factor your anger on one member. Have a smile and a coke bro and relax :cooldude:

http://images.scripting.com/archiveScriptingCom/2005/05/23/coke.jpg

I didnt mean hardheaded as an offensive term, I was pointing out your views int his thread...your not listening to anyone and considering anything your simply believing what comes out of your mouth is the absolute truth.
You're the one attacking me with your rude post. Just because you don't agree with me, it doesn't give you the right to call me hardheaded. You can also stop calling me "bro". I'm not related to you. I'm done with this thread.

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
You're the one attacking me with your rude post. Just because you don't agree with me, it doesn't give you the right to call me hardheaded. You can also stop calling me "bro". I'm not related to you. I'm done with this thread.

If you got an issue, use a tissue :wink:

phunwin
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM

http://images.scripting.com/archiveScriptingCom/2005/05/23/coke.jpg

Let it go, bro. This is like arguing about women's basketball with a female. Logic just doesn't enter into the picture, facts mean nothing and the rules of mathematics are totally disregarded.

If he wants to live in his little world where Iverson is a benevolent and unselfish ball distributor, and where perhaps the sky is green and the grass pink, well, who are you to begrudge him that?

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Let it go, bro. This is like arguing about women's basketball with a female. Logic just doesn't enter into the picture, facts mean nothing and the rules of mathematics are totally disregarded.

If he wants to live in his little world where Iverson is a benevolent and unselfish ball distributor, and where perhaps the sky is green and the grass pink, well, who are you to begrudge him that?

haha you've just jumped up into my top 10 list of favorite posters with that one :D :D :D

Buddwalk
03-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Oh Yeah AI took 31 shots tonight only knocking down 10 and went 0-6 from the 3 point line

marke27
03-09-2006, 02:47 AM
opps my bad...ridnour is actually top 10 in assists avg...at #9......

Boik14
03-09-2006, 03:10 AM
ok first off ridnour is fine shooting the ball 40%...thats as good as jj redicks stats in college and everyone thinks hes god or something....also when it comes to ridnour not picking up as many assists as other in the league....its kinda hard to get alot when the sonics dont have a scoreing big man on its team. its real easy for other point guards to throw it into the post and get easy assists....most of ridnours either comes on alley opps...no look--behind the back passes...or hitting allen or lewis for 3 balls....but really its hard when they dont have a scoring big man like many other teams...otherwise he would be top 5 guarented....also as for billiups...his wife is having a baby i believe i heard when the practices and stuff are... so u can scratch him off the list...also michael redd isnt going to go cause he is getting married around that time. The lack of supporting cast isnt an excuse. Marbury gets assists too and hes on team consisting of trash that cant make shots consistantly. Kidd got plenty of assists on those awful dallas teams. Chris paul has a big man? All Luke Ridnour needs to know how to do is say "Here ray, go shoot since I cant"

And if you think 40% shooting is good just because Ridnour plays a position that typically has poorer shooters...just wow. Jason Kidd can get away with 40% some years cause...well hes Jason Kidd. Luke Ridnour isnt even in the top 15 PG.

Boik14
03-09-2006, 03:19 AM
opps my bad...ridnour is actually top 10 in assists avg...at #9......But he does nothing else and he isnt even that great at what he brings to the table. He cant shoot from the floor, he cant guard, his assists are mediocore for someone who's supposed to be a true PG. Hes 78th in the league in TO ratio which means, without even looking I can tell you his ast/TO ratio cant be great either. But hey hes a "true PG" Sorry, I know hes your boy but if your talking about Team USA he just cant stack up to the big boys.