PDA

View Full Version : XMen 3 trailer is here

ABrownLamp
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
meh. Looks okay. They need more villians. Maybe they just weren't in the trailer.

XMen 3
(http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1762.html)

bullseyeguy
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
OK????? it looks better than the first 2..I hope by the name "Last Stand" this isnt the last movie theyre gonna make...

DolphinDevil28
03-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Hmmmm...

It actually looks like it would have a better plot than the first 2.

ArchAngel? Sweet. You know that means they will have Apocolypse too.

And...Oooooooooooohhhh...Ice Man's cheating on Rogue!!! :shakeno:

(If only I could have Rogue. :lol: )

Silverphin
03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Hmmmm...

Why, you're immune to her powers?

Clark Kent
03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Hmmmm...

Nope, just Angel. They're using the Apoc storyline where he tries to cure mutants to create the horseman, however angel is just angel, and apoc is in the form of a pharmaceutical company (using Leech as the mutant who can cure mutantism...). They seem to be trying to make it more realistic. The mutant more powerful then Magneto is Phenoix.

However, without the sentinels, the X-men trilogy is nothing what it could be.

Also, there are more mutant bad guys AB. Juggernaut and Omega Red to name 2 big ones.

Josh Holloway (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0391326/) was offered the role of Gambit, but turned it down because the character was too similar to his character on "Lost" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/) (2004). Eventually, the character was dropped from the film. From IMDB's trvia... It's a shame.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Dr. Gray played by Famke Jannsen :groucho:

That big guy looks like the guy from Fraser? Is that him?

Noodle Arm
03-07-2006, 07:43 PM
That big guy looks like the guy from Fraser? Is that him?

It sure is.

I'm still a little skeptical about the film right now (Brett Ratner directing, talks of massive script re-writes, talks of fights on set, the studio rushing the film out quickly, Ratner directing :lol: ) but these trailers sure look impressive. I'm hoping it turns out to be as good as the trailers indicate.

Prime Time
03-07-2006, 11:20 PM
It looks really good...I'll be in the movies on the 26th of May...

Prime
03-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Looks like the final movie of X-Men will be an awesome one. Seems like the war part will be the must see for the movie.

Motion
03-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Really wish they had Gambit in it, he was always one of my favorites. I also hope Colossus has a bigger part in this one than the 10 seconds he had in the 2nd one.

I agree with the Sentinels comment too, definitely should have had them at some point.

PeaTearGriffin
03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Really wish they had Gambit in it, he was always one of my favorites. I also hope Colossus has a bigger part in this one than the 10 seconds he had in the 2nd one.

I thought Gambit was going to be in this one....well now im just not going to see it

ILPhinFan88
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Looks good, as soon as V comes out I'll be changing to my X3 Sig and Avy

Clark Kent
03-08-2006, 01:13 PM

I agree with the Sentinels comment too, definitely should have had them at some point.The sentinels would have been perfect for this one too. The gov. could be snatching mutants for test subjects, and to fight... A pity...

However, Wolverine stabbing the **** out of that one guy in the trailer was awesome.

Motion
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I thought Gambit was going to be in this one....well now im just not going to see it

nope :(

bullseyeguy
03-08-2006, 01:22 PM
So then this is the last one???

Motion
03-08-2006, 01:37 PM
So then this is the last one???

Looks that way.

Boone
03-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone notice Jugernaught blasting through those walls?

sweet. :D

Motion
03-08-2006, 02:04 PM

sweet. :D

Yeah that was pretty cool looking.

ILPhinFan88
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Looks that way.

I read somewhere thats its the last with this storyline/ charectors. Meaning Xaviar vs. Magneto, there will be spinoffs and future movies using different X-men.

Motion
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I read somewhere thats its the last with this storyline/ charectors. Meaning Xaviar vs. Magneto, there will be spinoffs and future movies using different X-men.

Yeah like Wolverine. Will be interesting to see how well they can pull that off. I wouldn't think there are many that can pull their own movie.

ILPhinFan88
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah like Wolverine. Will be interesting to see how well they can pull that off. I wouldn't think there are many that can pull their own movie.

I'm trying to recall what I read but I think one of the other movies they talked about was goona be about the younger X-Men that were in the classes at Xaviar's school.

Clark Kent
03-08-2006, 03:01 PM

sweet. :DDid you see why? he's chasing Kitty Pride who can move through walls (which makes that scene even more awesome).

Motion
03-08-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm trying to recall what I read but I think one of the other movies they talked about was goona be about the younger X-Men that were in the classes at Xaviar's school.

That'd be cool. I was hoping to see more of Colossus in the last one, hopefully he'll have a bigger part in 3.

Clark Kent
03-08-2006, 04:08 PM
That'd be cool. I was hoping to see more of Colossus in the last one, hopefully he'll have a bigger part in 3.I heard he was going to have a biiger part. He's nemisis will be Juggernaut (strength against strength).

Prime Time
03-08-2006, 04:10 PM

I think they said they were going to do spin offs with Magneto and Wolverine. Just them two. Cyclops better have a big part in this one, he was almost non-important in the first two.

Motion
03-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I heard he was going to have a biiger part. He's nemisis will be Juggernaut (strength against strength).

Rock on!

ILPhinFan88
03-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I think they said they were going to do spin offs with Magneto and Wolverine. Just them two. Cyclops better have a big part in this one, he was almost non-important in the first two.

I think there is talk about Rogue also.

bullseyeguy
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Is Magneto working with the Xmen in the movie? And yeah Cyclops was always my favorite, but hes almost a nonfactor in the movies.

Also, i assume if the spinoffs featuring Wolverine and Magneto are successful, they will make others..

Motion
03-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Is Magneto working with the Xmen in the movie? And yeah Cyclops was always my favorite, but hes almost a nonfactor in the movies.

Also, i assume if the spinoffs featuring Wolverine and Magneto are successful, they will make others..

I think its more like Magneto creating an army to fight the humans and the X-men are kinda stuck in the middle. But I assume they will help him considering the circumstances.

Clark Kent
03-08-2006, 06:49 PM
I think its more like Magneto creating an army to fight the humans and the X-men are kinda stuck in the middle. But I assume they will help him considering the circumstances.
From knowing past comic storylines, I have an idea...

Spoiler ish... highlight below to read.

I think Magneto dies at the end, trying to stop the war he created. He'll sac his life for Xaviers, however they'll both die in the end (remember, Xavier and Magneto are very much Martin Luther King JR, and Malcom X) There's more to my idea then that, but it's going to take a long time to write it down... That's the very short verson.

I really hope theres an X4, but I doubt it. It's a shame becuase there's so many great storylines... Magneto's asteroid M (which I think would have been an awesome storyline for #3, which could of had sentinels... As you can tell, I'm pissed about no sentinels.) The Apoc storyline would have finished the series out awesome...

Hopefully in the Wolverine movie it's a prequel with Alpha Flight.

wazzy
03-08-2006, 07:12 PM
This is definately a must see movie!

Prime Time
03-08-2006, 08:01 PM

I think it is Good X-men Vs Bad Mutants Vs Humans...one giant free for al...

With the good X-men showing the humars they are good in the end..IMO...

Clark Kent
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
-SPOILER- highlight to read

Now that you've seen the trailer (http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/040/040731/vids_1.html), perhaps two or three times, note the final shot: the shot with the Golden Gate Bridge being destroyed, or more precisely, disassembled and reformed - Magneto's doing, of course. Here's what we can tell you: There's a point mid-way through the film (and that's a guess), in which Magneto and his cronies decide they need a new base of operations. And it appears they're not going to be discrete about its location. Much to the dismay of tourists, Magneto chooses Alcatraz; and to connect the prison with the mainland, he uproots the Golden Gate Bridge, sending cars a-plenty into the drink, and attaches the west end of the bridge to the Island.

This makes sense because of the big fight scene in the trailer. Watch it again, and it's one of those "wow that's obvious now" type of things.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=17884 for the rest of the article.

EDIT:

Oh, also some other interesting news!! Hightlight below once more if you're interested in a possible spoiler...

simon kinburg is one of the two writers for this movie. He mentions sentinels in an article according to some fans (I've been on some other MB trying to find other cool tidbits). Also, the seen at the beggining of the trailer suggests that the president is talking about protecting the citizens because there's no way to reason with the mutants... Could he be talking about the sentinels? How the **** else could humans deal with mutants? Could this cure be FORCED on mutants captured by sentinels? Could that be why Magneto loses a gasket? I'm holding out hope there in it (rumors say they'll appear in the final battle of the movie).