PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young = Aaron Brooks

PhinFan0202
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
After watching Saints highlights of Aaron Brooks I noticed two things. One when he's not pitching the ball to his offensive linemen he makes alot of good plays, two that Vince Young reminds of him only alot less polished in the pocket. Feedback welcome....

playmaker1
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
After watching Saints highlights of Aaron Brooks I noticed two things. One when he's not pitching the ball to his offensive linemen he makes alot of good plays, two that Vince Young reminds of him only alot less polished in the pocket. Feedback welcome....

I see the similarities. I think that is why the Saints are gonna draft Matt instead of Vince. Saints want a pocket passer.

PhinFan0202
03-08-2006, 09:25 PM
I see the similarities. I think that is why the Saints are gonna draft Matt instead of Vince. Saints want a pocket passer.

Good point, i have a feeling if Vince Young goes to the Titans he's going to eventually be a star. The Saints had all the talent in the world but they can never put it all together and part of that is the organization and head coach.

playmaker1
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Good point, i have a feeling if Vince Young goes to the Titans he's going to eventually be a star. The Saints had all the talent in the world but they can never put it all together and part of that is the organization and head coach.

I agree, but I wont lie, I could see Young go to the Saints so they could try the athletic QB thing again, plus Vince is from the south, and then Matt go to the Titans to be back with Norm Chow, but I think a trade would have to happen for that. never know

PhinFan0202
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I agree, but I wont lie, I could see Young go to the Saints so they could try the athletic QB thing again, plus Vince is from the south, and then Matt go to the Titans to be back with Norm Chow, but I think a trade would have to happen for that. never know

It's so hard to predict where Leinart, Young, and Cutler will all end up. Cutler could go 2nd overall to the Saints, 3rd to the Titans, or 4th to the Jets. The reason i say it's most likely that Young goes to the Titans is because Mcnair is like his football father, the guy who he looks up to or the guy that he would emulate. Plus Jeff Fisher would have no problem in replacing Mcnair with a guy that is just like him. I don't think Volek is the future for them.

playmaker1
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
It's so hard to predict where Leinart, Young, and Cutler will all end up. Cutler could go 2nd overall to the Saints, 3rd to the Titans, or 4th to the Jets. The reason i say it's most likely that Young goes to the Titans is because Mcnair is like his football father, the guy who he looks up to or the guy that he would emulate. Plus Jeff Fisher would have no problem in replacing Mcnair with a guy that is just like him. I don't think Volek is the future for them.

this true, only time will tell

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 12:39 AM
this true, only time will tell

Yeah man the i still think that despite Vince Young's amazing performance at the Rose Bowl Matt Leinart will still be a better pro. He's a winner for one, he's extremely accurate with his throws and his arm stregnth will increase once he finds some good coaches.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah man the i still think that despite Vince Young's amazing performance at the Rose Bowl Matt Leinart will still be a better pro. He's a winner for one, he's extremely accurate with his throws and his arm stregnth will increase once he finds some good coaches.

I agree. Leinart is a smart pocket QB. Young is a great athlete, a good arm, but I think Leinart will do way better as a NFL QB

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:18 AM
aaron brooks has a way better arm than vince young and faster

rafael
03-09-2006, 01:56 AM
IMO Vince Young = Donovan McNabb.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 02:47 AM

nnot sure that I agree with that...

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 02:51 AM

I see why he would say that. Mcnabb isn't really all that polished either when he throws the football. You won't see him set up perfectly in the pocket and deliver a perfect ball, but what he does well is get it to his player and make the play. He can also keep plays alive alot longer with his scrambling ability.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Hate saying it, but I kinda think Vince has a better arm than Donovan

Alex44
03-09-2006, 02:54 AM
There are SOME similarities

Difference is Vince is more of a leader who loves to win....and doesnt throw the ball backwards

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Hate saying it, but I kinda think Vince has a better arm than Donovan

Naw i don't think so. McNabb can throw the ball down the field hard core, i don't think that Vince Young can throw as far is Mcnabb.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Naw i don't think so. McNabb can throw the ball down the field hard core, i don't think that Vince Young can throw as far is Mcnabb.

maybe. I wont lie. Im not real big fans of either. dont know whatelse to say..

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:00 AM
maybe. I wont lie. Im not real big fans of either. dont know whatelse to say..

Yeah i know, but to put this topic to rest i would say that they are both awesome and any team would be lucky to aquire their services.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 03:01 AM
both matt and vince, or both vince and donovan? I think Matt will be the better of all three

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:06 AM
I meant to say all three of them are going to be great my bad. Can't wait till Fa starts and then the draft is going be off the chain. They have alot of good talent in the first round.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 03:08 AM
I think it will be fun to see how many teams go crazy trying to sign all the big name FAs that are looking for a home. This year has alot of big time players, some could really change the teams they go to

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Amen to that, i want to get some big time play makers that can change the game for us. Julian Peterson, Zach Thomas, and Channing Crowder would be a sick linebacking core. Sam Adams clogging up the middle and a hard hitting safety taking recievers who try to cross the middle out. That would be sick!

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Peterson might be big bucks. I mainly want Brees and maybe Ashworth to be our LT. Then we can use our draft picks for D

Rixon
03-09-2006, 03:21 AM
it looks like were trying to win the super bowl next year

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:25 AM
it looks like were trying to win the super bowl next year

Damn right we are, we should be trying to win the Super Bowl every year.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 03:29 AM
I want to win it every year! but it will be even better next year at home!!!

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Yeah i would have to go party it up in south beach with the phins.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Yeah i would have to go party it up in south beach with the phins.

I would die from alcohol overdose at that party if we won it in miami

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:47 AM
I would die from alcohol overdose at that party if we won it in miami

You and me both Brotha!

dominizzo
03-09-2006, 04:05 AM

I wouldn Put him with Brooks whoaaaaaaa there:confused:

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 04:16 AM
I wouldn Put him with Brooks whoaaaaaaa there:confused:

I would say he's like a less polished Aaron Brooks.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I would say he's like a less polished Aaron Brooks.

that might be giving a little too much credit to Brooks though, he really isnt that good. I wonder who is going to pick him up to be their back up

Phishstix
03-09-2006, 09:50 AM
vince young eats pancakes off of aaron brook's head. bad comparision imo.

NorFlaFin
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
The college Vince Young reminds me alot of Charlie Ward at FSU.

Same shotgun set, same rollouts, more short passes then dump offs (to RBs).

Motion
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
There are SOME similarities

Difference is Vince is more of a leader who loves to win....and doesnt throw the ball backwards

:lol: Who doesn't love to win?

I will give the Young fans credit, they come up with some of the most random comments!

SackArtist
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
:lol: Who doesn't love to win?

I will give the Young fans credit, they come up with some of the most random comments!
He's trying to say he's a winner, and I agree.

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
The college Vince Young reminds me alot of Charlie Ward at FSU.

Same shotgun set, same rollouts, more short passes then dump offs (to RBs).

I forgot about that guy, he should've played football instead of Bball. Yeah i would see that camparison being accurate.

playmaker1
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
vince young eats pancakes off of aaron brook's head. bad comparision imo.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

PhinFan0202
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:yeahthat:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
both have inconsistent feet and throwing mechanics, but young is a better runner. i don't know who wants to win more, though.