PDA

View Full Version : atlanta area

Ohio Fanatic
03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
I know this is a longshot, but is anyone here live in Atlanta, GA or familiar with the area? I'm moving there in a few months and need to find out about some neighborhoods. Why do I always end up in crappy NFL towns?
-spent 12 years in Jets land
-spent 6 years in Saints territory
-spent 6 years in Seahawks land (great town, but during Rick Mirer sucky years)
-spent 5 years in Colts land
-spent 6 years in Cincinnati

Now on to my 6th NFL town, 4th freakin dome. I hate domed stadiums.

Rocky Raccoon
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
PM GreenMonster, he lives there...and I think d-day is from there too.

d-day
03-09-2006, 12:25 AM
I know this is a longshot, but is anyone here live in Atlanta, GA or familiar with the area? I'm moving there in a few months and need to find out about some neighborhoods. Why do I always end up in crappy NFL towns?

you'll love the atl - it's a great diverse city with an unbelievable music scene and lots of beautiful and friendly southern girls :dday: good neighborhoods = money, is money an issue for you?

NaboCane
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM

:( Holy crap dude, you were in NFL hell! Atlanta's a fun town though.

dreday
03-09-2006, 01:13 AM

Just remember Buckhead, The Lennox Mall,5 points,and the Cheescake Factory.5 points is cool and there is ALOT of women visiting from alll over down there.Sandy Springs is upscale if thats what you like.Oh and dont forget Buckhead.Plenty to do In A-town.And much fun.

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:32 AM
atl shawty

d-day
03-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Just remember Buckhead, The Lennox Mall,5 points,and the Cheescake Factory.5 points is cool and there is ALOT of women visiting from alll over down there.Sandy Springs is upscale if thats what you like.Oh and dont forget Buckhead.Plenty to do In A-town.And much fun.

i'd go marietta if he's got the cash :dday:

Ohio Fanatic
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Well, I have moderate cash at best. Not enough to live in someplace like Buckhead. My wife will most likely be working at Emory, and I'll be at a biotech in Tucker. Initially, I was thinking of moving to Alpharetta, seems to be a popular place for upper-middle class, and good schools for kids, but methinks the commute would be hellish for my wife. Given that, I've been thinking of possibly Duluth or Roswell. But I know nothing of those communities.

ANy opinions on those areas? Anything is appreciated and valued.

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Well, I have moderate cash at best. Not enough to live in someplace like Buckhead. My wife will most likely be working at Emory, and I'll be at a biotech in Tucker. Initially, I was thinking of moving to Alpharetta, seems to be a popular place for upper-middle class, and good schools for kids, but methinks the commute would be hellish for my wife. Given that, I've been thinking of possibly Duluth or Roswell. But I know nothing of those communities.

ANy opinions on those areas? Anything is appreciated and valued.

Hey Ohio... I live in Buckhead currently.. You in Tucker, wife at Emory.. Well someone is gonna have to have a bit of a drive.. Alpharetta is a very nice, place that is growing quickly.. Roswell, like Duluth are nicer little areas on the outskirts of 285.. I am a city boy and love living near the nightlife, downtown, and all the major highways myself.. The traffic is bad, but you will be able to figure it out, and avoid must of it soon enough.. Let me know what other kind of help you are looking for, I love the ATL..

mor911
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
All of those NFL towns, and none of 'em Miami... How sad.

UltraDol-Fan
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I hope you like Mike Vick :D

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I hope you like Mike Vick :D

In Atlanta we call him Ron Mexico...:lol:

GRAPEAPE
03-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Green Monster: HAve you ever heard of Corey smith? Acoustic guitar, great songwriter? I think he plays alot at UGA

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Green Monster: HAve you ever heard of Corey smith? Acoustic guitar, great songwriter? I think he plays alot at UGA

I hardly travel down to UGA.. I dated a girl from there for a while, but don't really have any friends in Athens still.. I just checked out his website, I had never heard of him, but he looks like he would fit right in the Athens music scene.. He is playing at Smith's Olde Bar on March 24th which is right down the street from me so, I may check that out..

GRAPEAPE
03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Had a friend move back north from Atl. he brought with him some good music. I would reccomend seeing Corey Smith, let me know how the show was if you go.

Ohio Fanatic
03-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey Ohio... I live in Buckhead currently.. You in Tucker, wife at Emory.. Well someone is gonna have to have a bit of a drive.. Alpharetta is a very nice, place that is growing quickly.. Roswell, like Duluth are nicer little areas on the outskirts of 285.. I am a city boy and love living near the nightlife, downtown, and all the major highways myself.. The traffic is bad, but you will be able to figure it out, and avoid must of it soon enough.. Let me know what other kind of help you are looking for, I love the ATL..

Thanks GM. Mostly wanted to make sure that areas like Duluth and Roswell weren't dumps sitting next to nicer neighborhoods.