03-09-2006, 12:45 AM
if/when the Lakers make the playoffs it will be Kobe

If they dont probally Nash

MikeO
03-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Elton Brand SHOULD get it but he won't

King Felix
03-09-2006, 12:58 AM
did i spell shawn marions name right? shawn or shaun?

Rocky Raccoon
03-09-2006, 01:04 AM
did i spell shawn marions name right? shawn or shaun?

I believe you're right

bullseyeguy
03-09-2006, 01:17 AM
I hope Nash gets it, and I think as of now he should. As much as it pains me ot say it, the nest best option is Kobe if they make the playoffs. Billups is a on is just a peice to a puzzle, so I dont beleive he really deserves it. Marion is a stud, but a part of that comes from Nash's play...Brand is really good too, but his team is still too far behind right now.

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:19 AM
proof:boris diaw

bullseyeguy
03-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, and Quentin Richardson...the list is long. Nash is playing amazing ball and if it wasnt for him, the Suns would probably be lucky to be around .500

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM
raja bell he used just go in the game to push around the other team

Section126
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM
The Mvp Candidates were announced and Marion wasn't on there...

It was TNT...so I am not sure if it was an unofficial list...

But they said:

Billups, Nash, Novitski, Wade, Bryant as the candidates.

My Vote is for Billups...

If the Heat finish around 5 games back of the Pistons...then Wade...

But my vote is for Billups...

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:42 AM
nash makes bench warmers look good how is that not mvp? swap kobe and nash, so kobe is on suns and nash on lakers how do u think each team will do?

Roman529
03-09-2006, 01:43 AM
"Most Valuable" to me means which player does the most for his team:

AI of the 76ers....they would be horrible without him.....
Kobe......the Lakers would be just as bad without him....
Shaq has Wade and vice versa....
Nash has Amare and vice versa....
Detroit is a complete team with no one guy, and the same for the Spurs.

AI is having a better year than when he was MVP....if his team improves he would be my MVP, but you know he won't get it...too many AI haters, like the people picking the Olympic team. :mad:

Samphin
03-09-2006, 01:44 AM
No way Wade wins it with Shaq there. He takes votes from his teammates. (Thats a good thing though because it means he is still effective.) I think it is a two horse race between Nash and Bryant. If Kobe gets the Lakers into the playoffs, even as an 8th seed, he has to get it. I mean, the guy has put up 19 games of 40 or more points.

Nash has done incredible things considering Amare has been out. If L.A. misses out and Pheonix continues into the playoffs, thne Nash should get it.

Billups should be third runner up, but he suffers from being a good player on a GREAT team. That whole team works well together as no superstar really outshines another.

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:45 AM

AI is having a better year than when he was MVP....if his team improves he would be my MVP, but you know he won't get it...too many AI haters, like the people picking the Olympic team. :mad:

take the homer glasses off and realize the 76ers are still not good with AI and nash doesnt have amare and they are just as good as last year.

Samphin
03-09-2006, 01:46 AM
nash makes bench warmers look good how is that not mvp? swap kobe and nash, so kobe is on suns and nash on lakers how do u think each team will do?

With all do respect to Nash, the Suns would still be in first with Kobe. They simply have more talent at virtually every position. Taking one piece out of that puzzle wouldn't hurt them too much. Case in point? Amare. He has been out all year and they are still dominating.

Take Kobe away from L.A. you you have potentially the worst team-talent wise- in the league.

King Felix
03-09-2006, 01:47 AM
With all do respect to Nash, the Suns would still be in first with Kobe. They simply have more talent at virtually every position. Taking one piece out of that puzzle wouldn't hurt them too much. Case in point? Amare. He has been out all year and they are still dominating.

Take Kobe away from L.A. you you have potentially the worst team-talent wise- in the league.

true.

Rixon
03-09-2006, 03:09 AM
AI is having his best season
a 5'11 33year old

King Nate
03-09-2006, 03:45 AM
AI should get it every year. I don't think anybody means more to their team or puts forth a better effort each and every night other than AI.

dominizzo
03-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Elton BRand

phunwin
03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm voting for Nash. There's a reason Boris Diaw is the runaway leader in the "Most Improved Player" category. That team's barely missed a beat without Stoudemire.

After that, I'd go for Nowitzki, then Brand, then Billups.

take the homer glasses off and realize the 76ers are still not good with AI and nash doesnt have amare and they are just as good as last year.

Dude, take my word for it. When it comes to AI, those homer glasses are permanently attached to his face. Do not try to use logic, you'll just get called a hater.

Kobe
03-09-2006, 11:50 AM

Too many AI haters for him to get it? There is probably 3x as many if not more Kobe haters...

Buddwalk
03-09-2006, 04:08 PM
how do you have marion but not lebron james :confused:

james 30.5 ppg 7 rpg 7 apg

nyjunc
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Elton Brand? I know he's having a big year and is a very good player but Elton has played in LA since the '01-'02 season and never has been close to the playoffs. Sam Cassell is the real MVP of that team.

dominizzo
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Elton Brand? I know he's having a big year and is a very good player but Elton has played in LA since the '01-'02 season and never has been close to the playoffs. Sam Cassell is the real MVP of that team.

Brand not Cassell

Section126
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
how do you have marion but not lebron james :confused:

james 30.5 ppg 7 rpg 7 apg

Because he is the biggest choke artist in the NBA.

bullseyeguy
03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
This is a good point, but Brand is still a great player putting up very solid numbers.

nyjunc
03-09-2006, 07:01 PM
This is a good point, but Brand is still a great player putting up very solid numbers.

No question he is a big time player(he didn't stick around long enough for K to ruin him) but Cassell is the reason they are winning.

Buddwalk
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Because he is the biggest choke artist in the NBA.

Hes the single reason why his team is in the playoff race

King Felix
03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
marion is gettin more talk about mvp than james so tahts why

bullseyeguy
03-10-2006, 01:42 AM
Nash is making a great case for being the MVP tonight, and hes not even in the game...The SUNS are getting spanked right now, and they look lost without their leader...

Well that isnt really a fair comparison, what if you took Kobe off LA and put Nash in? The Lakers would be top 5 in West for sure...

UCFinfan86
03-10-2006, 07:34 AM
i dont think Pierce should win it, but he should atleat be in for dicussion.
Hes the only player in the league leading his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals.