PDA

View Full Version : Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny

Buddwalk
03-09-2006, 05:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/boxscores/2006/03/09/37464_boxscore.html

Overtime mcnamerra had one shot with 11 seconds to go and threw up a beautiful shot to knock UCONN out of the big east tourny. Looks like Syracuse is now a lock for march madness with this win.

Notable Stats

Gerry McNamera 17 points 13 assists 5 rebounds
Eric Devendorf 13 points 2 rebounds 1 assist

Marcus Williams 17 points 11 assists 2 rebounds
Hilton Armstrong 14 points 10 rebounds 1 assist

Ferretsquig
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Is he clutch or what? Play like crap all season, and in the two games where your team needs you the most, step it up. Noone is going to want to see them in the tourney now.

Buddwalk
03-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Is he clutch or what? Play like crap all season, and in the two games where your team needs you the most, step it up. Noone is going to want to see them in the tourney now.

damn right

Im a uconn fan but i love watching this kid. Actually grew up in wilks barre pa, I met him a couple times actually too. Very Awesome Guy with a killer 3

If he can get his team playing good in march madness and somehow get to the sweet 16...thats all he'll need and he might sneak into the first round of the nba draft. Hes just got heart thats uncomparable

NJFINSFAN1
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
And Rutgers will upset the V tonight!

SuavePhin
03-09-2006, 05:58 PM
I dont care if they dont win another game, the last 2 press conferences by the Cuse coach were enough for me :lol: that was awesome!

FaninPatsyLand
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Looks like Syracuse is now a lock for march madness with this win.

Huge win for 'Cuse and it might push them into the Tourney... but calling them a lock is a bit strong. Their resume was pathetic coming into the BET, but with 2 quality wins in New York it's going to be a tossup between Syracuse, Seton Hall and Cincinnati as far as bubble teams from the Big East.

Buddwalk
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Huge win for 'Cuse and it might push them into the Tourney... but calling them a lock is a bit strong. Their resume was pathetic coming into the BET, but with 2 quality wins in New York it's going to be a tossup between Syracuse, Seton Hall and Cincinnati as far as bubble teams from the Big East.

there record stands at 20-11...2 quality wins like you said

There a lock now man...si.com reported it

FaninPatsyLand
03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
there record stands at 20-11...2 quality wins like you said

There a lock now man...si.com reported it

Who cares what SI said? Are they giving out the invitations to the dance? 2 quality wins looks nice right now, but how many of those did they have before the BET?

EDIT: (FYI, why don't you check the latest bracketology on ESPN. The Big East is getting 8 teams in that, but Syracuse isn't one of them. They are still listed as one of the last 4 teams out with today's win included, hardly what I would call a "lock")

The only team I remember them beating this year was West Virginia at home. Not to mention that horrific finish that included a 40 point blowout loss to DePaul. They might very well get in as a result of their performance in New York, but I refuse to believe they are a "lock" at this point.

UCFinfan86
03-09-2006, 06:52 PM
after the game jay bilas said that he would put syracuse in and take out mississippi state or mississippi valley i forget which one it was

FaninPatsyLand
03-09-2006, 06:59 PM
after the game jay bilas said that he would put syracuse in and take out mississippi state or mississippi valley i forget which one it was

Oh really? It's all subjective, everyone has a different opinion. I'm just disagreeing with the fact that Syracuse is a lock. Let's face it, the media was generous calling the Orange a bubble team heading into the BET. They had a grand total of 2 quality wins (by quality I'm referring to wins against the top 50 RPI), and only one of which was on the road. They had no prominent out of conference wins and they were playing pathetic basketball down the stretch of the regular season.

The only way Syracuse ever becomes a lock is if they win the BET. Outside of that, their resume was just too weak heading into New York to become a lock. They could very well get in after two quality wins, but it also could be too little too late.

Ferretsquig
03-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Syracuse makes it in after this win. RPI was 39 prior to the UConn win. Top 30 RPI + big time tourney wins = automatic bid.

FaninPatsyLand
03-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Syracuse makes it in after this win. RPI was 39 prior to the UConn win. Top 30 RPI + big time tourney wins = automatic bid.

If an individual goes strictly by RPI then the MVC would be considered the best conference in college basketball. Now any normal fan would consider that thought to be simply asinine, but check the RPI's of those top teams in that conference.

Quality wins outweight RPI's, and by my count, Syracuse has 4 (UConn, Cincy 2x, West Virginia) Is it enough to get in? Who knows. I don't think the Big East is getting 9 teams so who do you leave out? Seton Hall has beaten both Syracuse and Cincinnati in their only matchups. Can you leave them out when their resume includes several huge wins (@ NCST, @ Pitt, @ Syracuse, West Virginia, Cincy)? Or is Cincinnati the odd team out?

I don't know, but I do know that NONE of those teams are locks. I also know that it's going to be interesting on Selection Sunday.

King Felix
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
underated? thats the most ****** thing i heard in 30 years.

Ferretsquig
03-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Quality wins mean something but whats more important is when those wins occured. RPI is also very important for selection....and since the MVC manipulated the system well they will get more bids than they probably deserve. FSU and Maryland fans may not like it, but they knew the system and chose to schedule the way they did. I doubt a team in the top 30 has ever been left out of the tourney.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 12:43 AM

:sidelol: :sidelol: They have played the #1/#2 teams 5 times this year. Might be 6 if they play Nova again. That is unreal and almost unfair. THEY JUST BEAT THE #1 team in the country on a neutral court.

They beat Cincy 2 out of 3 times. And Seton Hall has been awful and just lost to Rutgers again! Not to mention that loss to Richmond!

Syracuse is a lock. They will be a 7, 8, or 9 seed. IF they find a way to actually win this tourney who knows where they will be.

Their resume is very strong. Beat Cincy 2 out of 3 times. Beat Uconn. Beat WV. RPI in the 20's. And a SOS in the Top 10. And playing well when it matters down the stretch. They are in.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Who cares what SI said? Are they giving out the invitations to the dance? 2 quality wins looks nice right now, but how many of those did they have before the BET?

EDIT: (FYI, why don't you check the latest bracketology on ESPN. The Big East is getting 8 teams in that, but Syracuse isn't one of them. They are still listed as one of the last 4 teams out with today's win included, hardly what I would call a "lock")

The only team I remember them beating this year was West Virginia at home. Not to mention that horrific finish that included a 40 point blowout loss to DePaul. They might very well get in as a result of their performance in New York, but I refuse to believe they are a "lock" at this point.

2 quality wins? They have beat WV, UCONN, Cincy (twice), and Manhattan (the #1 team in the MAAC). 5 right there.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Quality wins outweight RPI's, and by my count, Syracuse has 4 (UConn, Cincy 2x, West Virginia) Is it enough to get in? Who knows. I don't think the Big East is getting 9 teams so who do you leave out? Seton Hall has beaten both Syracuse and Cincinnati in their only matchups. Can you leave them out when their resume includes several huge wins (@ NCST, @ Pitt, @ Syracuse, West Virginia, Cincy)? Or is Cincinnati the odd team out?

Seton Hall is not going. They lost 4 out of their last 7. They lost to St.Johns and Depaul, who didn't even MAKE The big east tourney. They lost to Rutgers TWICE this year. And they lost to Richmond by 11 and Richmond is one of the worst teams in the A-10, if not they worst team. And they were 1-done in the BET losing to a bad team. Seton Hall is out.

Syracuse is in. Cincy is on the bubble.

FaninPatsyLand
03-10-2006, 01:13 AM
They beat Cincy 2 out of 3 times. And Seton Hall has been awful and just lost to Rutgers again! Not to mention that loss to Richmond!

Yeah, they've been real terrible. Picked to finish 15th in the Big East in the preseason. The fact that they are even in the bubble discussion is proof they overachieved. As far as being awful down the stretch, they went into the Pete on Senior night and did what no other team this year could do... and that's win @ Pitt.

It's going to be hilarious if Seton Hall gets in or Syracuse gets left out, because you seem to be so damn sure of yourself you'd think you were on the committee.

PS, I wouldn't be ripping another team for losing to DePaul not after they dismantled the Orange by 40!

MikeO
03-10-2006, 01:19 AM
It's going to be hilarious if Seton Hall gets in or Syracuse gets left out, because you seem to be so damn sure of yourself you'd think you were on the committee.

PS, I wouldn't be ripping another team for losing to DePaul not after they dismantled the Orange by 40!

1) Depaul shot 41-66 from the field vs Syracuse. They could have beat some NBA teams with that kind of night shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Seton Hall isn't getting in. They have done nothing in the last 3 weeks to help their cause.

3) It's commen sense. Syracuse just beat the #1 overall team in the country. Have an SOS in the Top 10. Have an RPI in the 20's. Have over 20 wins....they are in!!!!!!!

FaninPatsyLand
03-10-2006, 01:21 AM
1) Depaul shot 41-66 from the field vs Syracuse. They could have beat some NBA teams with that kind of night shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Seton Hall isn't getting in. They have done nothing in the last 3 weeks to help their cause.

3) It's commen sense. Syracuse just beat the #1 overall team in the country. Have an SOS in the Top 10. Have an RPI in the 20's. Have over 20 wins....they are in!!!!!!!

What the hell are you talking about! :sidelol:

They beat Pitt @ the Pete in their last BE regular season game. In their home finale they beat Cincy.

You have no clue... just step away from the keyboard.

And don't use excuses as to why Syracuse got embarrassed by DePaul.. at least the differential in our loss was single digits.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 01:25 AM
They beat Pitt @ the Pete in their last BE regular season game. In their home finale they beat Cincy.

You have no clue... just step away from the keyboard.

And don't use excuses as to why Syracuse got embarrassed by DePaul.. at least the differential in our loss was single digits.

Seton Hall just lost to RUTGERS in round 1 of the Big East tourney. A bubble team doens't bow out in round 1 of their conference tourney! Let alone lose to a bad team like Rutgers.

Memo to Seton Hall: Remember these 3 letters.........N.I.T. :sidelol:

FaninPatsyLand
03-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Seton Hall just lost to RUTGERS in round 1 of the Big East tourney. A bubble team doens't bow out in round 1 of their conference tourney! Let alone lose to a bad team like Rutgers.

You just told me Cincinnati was a bubble team. Make up your mind!

Are you drunk? Seriously, it would explain alot. Your posts are usually asinine, but you are contradicting yourself in every post you make tonight.

(Of course you conveniently ignore the fact that Seton Hall's last two games were wins over Cincy and @ PITT, after making the claim they haven't helped their cause in 3 weeks)

MikeO
03-10-2006, 01:31 AM
You just told me Cincinnati was a bubble team. Make up your mind!

Are you drunk? Seriously, it would explain alot. Your posts are usually asinine, but you are contradicting yourself in every post you make tonight.

(Of course you conveniently ignore the fact that Seton Hall's last two games were wins over Cincy and @ PITT, after making the claim they haven't helped their cause in 3 weeks)

Cincy is a bubble team.......so! I never said they were going. They are NIT bound with Seton Hall!

Seton Hall lost 4 of their last 7. Cincy and Pitt would have helped, losing to Rutgers ERASES that!

FaninPatsyLand
03-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Cincy is a bubble team.......so! I never said they were going. They are NIT bound with Seton Hall!

Seton Hall lost 4 of their last 7. Cincy and Pitt would have helped, losing to Rutgers ERASES that!

Whatever MikeO, continue to make asinine claims baiting people on... and then turn around and report it.

Eventually the MODS will catch on to the game you are playing on this website and punish you for it. You must enjoy getting into arguements for the sake of arguing.

I'm out

MikeO
03-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Whatever MikeO, continue to make asinine claims baiting people on... and then turn around and report it.

Eventually the MODS will catch on to the game you are playing on this website and punish you for it. You must enjoy getting into arguements for the sake of arguing.

I'm out

How am I baiting people??????? Because I think Syracuse is going to the NCAA tourney and Seton Hall is NIT bound???

Everyone can go back and read this exchange, how did I bait anyone????:shakeno: I just presented facts and numbers to back up my opinion!

phunwin
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
The Cuse is in. Seton Hall's out. That's it, end of discussion.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 12:18 PM
The Cuse is in. Seton Hall's out. That's it, end of discussion.

Of course!

MikeO
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Get a load of this.

With the win over UCONN on a neutral court..........the RPI for Syracuse jumped from 38 to 21! WOW! That is an amazing jump!!!!!!!

Yeah, they aren't a lock! lol

Ferretsquig
03-10-2006, 04:14 PM
gotta love the RPI....lose a bunch of games against good teams on the road and win one on a neutral court and you're team is one of the best in the country. Of course 'Cuse is in, its just a silly ratings system. You have to wonder if the people that come up with these things made it past high school math.

byroan
03-10-2006, 10:05 PM
'Cuse has to be a lock now. Why haven't they played this way all season?

King Felix
03-10-2006, 10:08 PM
wow gmacc hits a three to be down by one with 48 seconds they steal it and he is leading a 2 on 1 fastbreak, and he makes a great pass, wow clutch.

King Felix
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM
RPI is espn, they dont select the teams do they?

MikeO
03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
wow gmacc hits a three to be down by one with 48 seconds they steal it and he is leading a 2 on 1 fastbreak, and he makes a great pass, wow clutch.

GERRY.....GERRY.........GERRY!!!!

I love it!

MikeO
03-11-2006, 01:40 AM
gotta love the RPI....lose a bunch of games against good teams on the road and win one on a neutral court and you're team is one of the best in the country. Of course 'Cuse is in, its just a silly ratings system. You have to wonder if the people that come up with these things made it past high school math.

It's the most fair rating system going today. If you play good teams you get rewarded. If you play bad teams you get punished. PERIOD! And if you win a couple along the way, then you really get rewarded!

Ferretsquig
03-11-2006, 01:49 AM
50% strength of schedule, 25% opponents SOS, 25% wins and losses. Having 3/4 based on the level of your opposition (even more now if you play em on the road) just a little absurd. It really has little to do with how good a team is, moreso how many teams in the top 50 they could schedule.

MikeO
03-11-2006, 01:54 AM
50% strength of schedule, 25% opponents SOS, 25% wins and losses. Having 3/4 based on the level of your opposition (even more now if you play em on the road) just a little absurd. It really has little to do with how good a team is, moreso how many teams in the top 50 they could schedule.

Well, NO. I don't get your "playing them on the road" thing. Most teams play about equal games home/away. So I don't get that.

You still have to win games! But when all things are equal, you then must go to something to see who played the better compeition. If you have a a 19 win team from the Big East and a 19 win team from the WAC. What is more impressive? Well, considering the Big East team had to play UCONN, Nova, Pitt, G'town...etc and some multiple times. All ranked teams, 2 teams ranked in the Top 3......it's more impressive than what the WAC team did!

Good teams DON"T get left out of the NCAA tourney! If your fighting over whether your team #66 or #67....then you have a weak case to begin with.

djfresh47
03-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Well, NO. I don't get your "playing them on the road" thing. Most teams play about equal games home/away. So I don't get that.

You still have to win games! But when all things are equal, you then must go to something to see who played the better compeition. If you have a a 19 win team from the Big East and a 19 win team from the WAC. What is more impressive? Well, considering the Big East team had to play UCONN, Nova, Pitt, G'town...etc and some multiple times. All ranked teams, 2 teams ranked in the Top 3......it's more impressive than what the WAC team did!

Good teams DON"T get left out of the NCAA tourney! If your fighting over whether your team #66 or #67....then you have a weak case to begin with.

Syracuse has definately played themselves in. I think Kentucky is in also, and both probably will be a 7-10 seed and are gonna be a real tough game if they advance to the 2nd rd of the tournament. What will be interesting to watch is if UK and Syracuse win their tournaments is if they can move up a seed. Tubby Smith IMO in the past has done the best go get the most out of teams that I don't think were as talented as the team he has right now. Rajon Rondo will be a 1st rd pick if he leaves after this year, but he's setting himself up for failure because he's gotta work on his offensive game IMO. Raldolph Morris was suspended half of the season because of the draft incident, but he's been very dissapointing. He'll put up decent numbers but I expected him to be a dominant big guy for them and he has not done that yet. Right now even with the loss to Cuse, I think UConn is the "team to beat," because of all the talent. Duke is good, but if the brackets set up for them to meet in the finals, UConn vs Texas would be a very good championship game. McNamera has been lights out and watching the game, how doesn't Hibberd get a touch down low?

MikeO
03-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Syracuse has definately played themselves in. I think Kentucky is in also, and both probably will be a 7-10 seed and are gonna be a real tough game if they advance to the 2nd rd of the tournament. What will be interesting to watch is if UK and Syracuse win their tournaments is if they can move up a seed. Tubby Smith IMO in the past has done the best go get the most out of teams that I don't think were as talented as the team he has right now. Rajon Rondo will be a 1st rd pick if he leaves after this year, but he's setting himself up for failure because he's gotta work on his offensive game IMO. Raldolph Morris was suspended half of the season because of the draft incident, but he's been very dissapointing. He'll put up decent numbers but I expected him to be a dominant big guy for them and he has not done that yet. Right now even with the loss to Cuse, I think UConn is the "team to beat," because of all the talent. Duke is good, but if the brackets set up for them to meet in the finals, UConn vs Texas would be a very good championship game. McNamera has been lights out and watching the game, how doesn't Hibberd get a touch down low?

1) If Syracuse wins tommorow and wins the conference tourney of the toughest conference in the country, they can't be lower than a 6 seed. They just can't. You dont' win 4 games in 4 days, with wins over on a neutral court over Cincy, Uconn, G'town, and Pitt.....all ranked, possibly ALL NCAA tourney teams (depending on Cincy) and be lower than a 6 seed!

2) Kentucky is in

3) Nova was the team to beat........until tonight. They are toast now! So sad!

4) UCONN I am not sold on. Rudy Gay is soft. Plays no defense. Can't get his own shot. They will go Final 8 at least, possibly further because of just raw talent alone.....but I don't see them winning it all.

5) If Syracuse loses to Pitt tomorrow, and is either a 7. 8, or 9 seed....a possbile round 2 game vs a 1 or 2 seed will be very entertaining! I actually hope Syracuse is in that 7-10 game with a Rd 2 match up with Gonzaga.......who is the biggest FRAUD in the country!!!!!!

phunwin
03-11-2006, 09:08 AM
'Cuse has to be a lock now. Why haven't they played this way all season?

Here's a blog post (http://phunwin.blogspot.com/2006/03/season-on-bubble-su-hoops-2006.html) I had on this topic a week ago.

Since then, Syracuse has managed to reverse every one of those problems.

For what it's worth, ESPN has moved SU into the "lock" category on their Bubble Watch, pretty much confirming what we've all thought.

MikeO
03-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Here's a blog post (http://phunwin.blogspot.com/2006/03/season-on-bubble-su-hoops-2006.html) I had on this topic a week ago.

Since then, Syracuse has managed to reverse every one of those problems.

For what it's worth, ESPN has moved SU into the "lock" category on their Bubble Watch, pretty much confirming what we've all thought.\

G-Mac has made more clutch and big play at MSG in 3 days than the Knicks have all year!

phunwin
03-11-2006, 10:48 AM
\

G-Mac has made more clutch and big play at MSG in 3 days than the Knicks have all year!

:lol:

It's funny because it's true.

Ferretsquig
03-11-2006, 10:52 AM

SOS should be taken into consideration, but not at the level that it is. The point it that you dont have to win games. A loss against a team on the road in the top 10 of the RPI is worth far more than a win at home against one out of the top 100. Hence you have MVC's theory of scheduling a bunch of top teams on the road to boost the conference RPI, which will let lesser quality teams get into the tourney.

Good teams get left out off the tourney every year. There are two in the ACC that wont make it, FSU and Wake. Wake played like crap all throughout its conference schedule yet still can beat most top 25 teams.....as it is proving now. FSU had a solid season and blew it in their first game or the ACC tourney....does one loss make them a worse team? In the minds of the selection committe it does.

MikeO
03-11-2006, 10:54 AM
The point it that you dont have to win games.

YES YOU DO!!!! If you aren't above .500 you can't go to the big dance (unless you win your conference tourney).

You will always have to win games!!!!!!!!:shakeno: You can have the #1 SOS, and if you are 12-18, it doesn't matter!

byroan
03-11-2006, 11:39 AM
So does SU beat Pittsburgh tonight?

MikeO
03-11-2006, 11:55 AM
So does SU beat Pittsburgh tonight?

I didn't think they could beat UCONN or G'town.

Really doesn't matter to me if they win or not, these last 3 days and games have been unreal! They got to the NCAA Tourney, they gave Syracuse fans 3 amazing games with 3 amazing finishes.......I hope they win tonight. But if they don't, won't bother me at all.

GreenMonster
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't think they could beat UCONN or G'town.

Really doesn't matter to me if they win or not, these last 3 days and games have been unreal! They got to the NCAA Tourney, they gave Syracuse fans 3 amazing games with 3 amazing finishes.......I hope they win tonight. But if they don't, won't bother me at all.

I hope they win tonight, its good for the Big East.. This tourney has proven that the Big East was the best conference.. I am very scared of the way Uconn has played lately, talent alone should take us to the sweet 16, but we need to start playing better. We need to play like we did the 1st time we blew out the Cuse, we played great Uconn basketball for a half. Pitt has really been coming on strong again late, but if the Cuse's bigs stay out of foul trouble I think they can win..

phunwin
03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
UConn, if firing on all cylinders, is the best team in the country and it's not particularly close. Unfortunately, the Huskies have a TERRIBLE tendency to play down to the level of their opponents. Rudy Gay, in particular, seems to get lazy and distracted very easily. The funny thing is, I don't worry about them losing to a team like Duke, Villanova or Memphis. I would worry more about them dropping a game in the sweet 16 or something, because they fall asleep against an inferior foe.

And yeah, this has been a great ride for the Cuse. I hope they win, but I won't lose much sleep over a loss; they're easily in the tournament now. Those guys will be dead tired, playing their 4th game in as many nights.

MikeO
03-11-2006, 11:24 PM
The Big East Tournament from this day on should now be re-named...."The Gerry McNamara Invitional Tournament".

phunwin
03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Back to back Big East Championships. Who would have guessed that? I sure didn't.

MikeO
03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Back to back Big East Championships. Who would have guessed that? I sure didn't.

March Mac-ness is here!

GreenMonster
03-12-2006, 12:31 AM
March Mac-ness is here!

Ok enough with the Gerry love fest.. I didn't know you liked this guy so much.. Great run by the Cuse all the way to the Top.. The bigs down low and some crazy clutch outside shooting brought the title back with the Orangemen..

GreenMonster
03-12-2006, 12:34 AM
UConn, if firing on all cylinders, is the best team in the country and it's not particularly close. Unfortunately, the Huskies have a TERRIBLE tendency to play down to the level of their opponents. Rudy Gay, in particular, seems to get lazy and distracted very easily. The funny thing is, I don't worry about them losing to a team like Duke, Villanova or Memphis. I would worry more about them dropping a game in the sweet 16 or something, because they fall asleep against an inferior foe.

Couldn't have said it better myself.. I wouldn't even call it a tendency anymore, we do play down to the level of our opponents. I am very scared of losing to a team in the sweet 16, because we have an awful half. Once we get to the Final 4 watchout, I am pretty sure Williams (our best player) and the crew will be ready to play by then..

djfresh47
03-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Incredible run by Cuse, but that was a foul on Krauser.

Buddwalk
03-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Congrats to gmac...If this team makes it to the sweet 16 like I said gmac might be a lock for the first round come nba draft time

phunwin
03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Incredible run by Cuse, but that was a foul on Krauser.

Yes it was. And I'd feel a lot worse if Krauser hadn't gotten away with using his forearm to push off opposing defenders for the whole game...if not for the past 4 years.

Congrats to gmac...If this team makes it to the sweet 16 like I said gmac might be a lock for the first round come nba draft time

A week ago, I'd have thought that was crazy, but McNamara has done an incredible job of moving beyond a one-man scoring machine and to getting his teammates involved. The UConn game, in particular, was a great example. If you get your big men involved early, they'll work harder at both ends. If the big men run the floor on the break, you reward them with a pass. I didn't think McNamara did a great job of these things over the last 4 years. Maybe that was partly his fault, and maybe it was partly Jim Boeheim's fault. Either way, the last 4 games, he played like an NBA point guard should play. If he keeps it up, maybe he will go in the first round, or at least the early half of round 2. A week ago, I didn't even think he'd get drafted.

Ok enough with the Gerry love fest.. I didn't know you liked this guy so much.. Great run by the Cuse all the way to the Top.. The bigs down low and some crazy clutch outside shooting brought the title back with the Orangemen..

It is not a stretch to say that McNamara is the most beloved player in Syracuse history. It's almost certainly him or Sherman Douglas.

FaninPatsyLand
03-12-2006, 07:51 PM

MikeO
03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
It is not a stretch to say that McNamara is the most beloved player in Syracuse history. It's almost certainly him or Sherman Douglas.

He IS the most beloved player in SU history. The 6 three-pointers in the first half of the NCAA Finals game vs Kansas as a freshmen locked that up for him, everything since then has just put more distance between himself and #2.

Sherman is near the top of the list, but nobody compares with G-Mac! Sherman never packed 33,633 in the Dome for his senior day!

MikeO
03-12-2006, 07:59 PM

Nice to see after your 3 days of hiding you found your way back to this thread! :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Just like last yeras baseball season, talk talk talk.....when shot down on a bunch of stuff you go into hiding!

FaninPatsyLand
03-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice to see after your 3 days of hiding you found your way back to this thread!

Just like last yeras baseball season, talk talk talk.....when shot down on a bunch of stuff you go into hiding!

Shot down? You made up a bunch of asinine posts about how we didn't beat anyone the last 3 weeks of the season (after which I presented facts, which you then ignored). You were so confident we weren't in.. and you are WRONG, again.

As usual, you make yourself look like a fool running your mouth!!!!! I love it.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:(hey look, I can use smilies too!!)

EDIT: Please don't report me again, haha..