PDA

View Full Version : Fellow finfans please help

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I have an offer to move 15 min. away frome Miami. I currently live in las vegas. My buddies mom has plenty of work for us and everything. I've never lived outside of Arizona or Nevada. The only reason I wanna move is to be close to the Fins! Is it wrong to do this? My mom hates it cuz I wouldn't be able to visit her as much. Just lookin for some thoughts from finfans who live there or anywhere for that matter! :confused:

FemaleFinFan
03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Been to Vegas and Miami both. I'd rather live in Miami. But that could be because my evil in laws live in Vegas.
But Miami is a much nicer place than Vegas

Fins05:NewHope
03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
hey I live in Toledo, ohio....you buddy's mom got work for me? ill move also. lol. I have lived in West Palm Beach and Ft. Myers, would move back in a heartbeat.

MarinoFAN13
03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
lots of people/traffic/aliens.... but vegas may be like that too, never been

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow, how weird... I was born and raised in Las Vegas... I lived there for 30 years and moved to South Florida almost 6 years ago... I'm actually flying to Las Vegas tomorrow for family stuff...

Moving to South Florida from Las Vegas was the BEST thing that I ever did! I'm a season ticket holder for many years now, met my fiancee, getting married in Key West next year... Vegas is not a healthy place anyway... My parents live in Prescott, AZ, and America West has great flights to South Florida!

MOVE!

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:23 PM
lots of people/traffic/aliens.... but vegas may be like that too, never been

Worst place ever for that!!!! lol

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, how weird... I was born and raised in Las Vegas... I lived there for 30 years and moved to South Florida almost 6 years ago... I'm actually flying to Las Vegas tomorrow for family stuff...

Moving to South Florida from Las Vegas was the BEST thing that I ever did! I'm a season ticket holder for many years now, met my fiancee, getting married in Key West next year...

MOVE!

That's great thanks alot! Kinda heps my decision. Congrats on the wedding too.

dQbell
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I have an offer to move 15 min. away frome Miami. I currently live in las vegas. My buddies mom has plenty of work for us and everything. I've never lived outside of Arizona or Nevada. The only reason I wanna move is to be close to the Fins! Is it wrong to do this? My mom hates it cuz I wouldn't be able to visit her as much. Just lookin for some thoughts from finfans who live there or anywhere for that matter! :confused:

You're still young...go for it. Just don't get into debt. Are you married? That plays into the equation too. If you're single and the job you have now is expendible, I say go for it. Your buddy's mom isn't a pimp is she?

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
hey I live in Toledo, ohio....you buddy's mom got work for me? ill move also. lol. I have lived in West Palm Beach and Ft. Myers, would move back in a heartbeat.

Yeah she runs a heavy equipment company. So theres tons of work. I probably won't move out til June.

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:26 PM
You're still young...go for it. Just don't get into debt. Are you married? That plays into the equation too. If you're single and the job you have now is expendible, I say go for it. Your buddy's mom isn't a pimp is she?

Lol no pimp. I am single and Vegas has pulled me somewhat into debt anyway. that's why i wanna get out. the job i have is pretty good. I work at Wynn but it doesn't pay as much as I would get paid out there.

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Been to Vegas and Miami both. I'd rather live in Miami. But that could be because my evil in laws live in Vegas.
But Miami is a much nicer place than Vegas

Def. looking for nicer. How's the cost of living compared to here?

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:32 PM
That's great thanks alot! Kinda heps my decision. Congrats on the wedding too.

Thanks! I really don't think you would regret moving down here... Getting to go to every home game is just the start of the great things here!

FemaleFinFan
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM

I've only vacationed at both places. But I do know that Florida has no state income taxes.

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:37 PM

About the same or lower. Not higher then Vegas. The housing market is about the same... And the job market in South Florida is doing very well right now... Although you have a job lined up, all the better!

And with all of the enhancements at Dolphins Stadium... hhhhmmmmm.... :wink:

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks! I really don't think you would regret moving down here... Getting to go to every home game is just the start of the great things here!

I know, I'm drooling just thinking about all the home games!!:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: Plus I'm a Heat fan so that's another plus

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I've only vacationed at both places. But I do know that Florida has no state income taxes.

Neither does Nevada... Sales tax about the same... But Nevada has no water and you can't even wash your car anymore... Yeah, we have hurricanes, but you can get out of the way... :lol:

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Nevada doesn't either so that don't really play into it. Vegas is a fun place to vacation but living here sucks.

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Nevada doesn't either so that don't really play into it. Vegas is a fun place to vacation but living here sucks.

How's traffic on I-15 and 95 these days? :lol:

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Neither does Nevada... Sales tax about the same... But Nevada has no water and you can't even wash your car anymore... Yeah, we have hurricanes, but you can get out of the way... :lol:

LOL yeah my mom's worried about the hurricanes too and I just said "Mom u know i love the Canes!" :lol: Yeah the water is ridiculous here!

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:41 PM
How's traffic on I-15 and 95 these days? :lol:

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Don't even wanna go there! lol I do the brakefoot boogie everyday on the 215 and the 15. Try to stay clear of the 95

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Don't even wanna go there! lol I do the brakefoot boogie everyday on the 215 and the 15. Try to stay clear of the 95

I mean, traffic is bad here, but nothing like Vegas unless you are in downtown Miami... I laugh when people say traffic is horrendous! :sidelol:

Check out pictures of our Dol-Van from my signature...

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I mean, traffic is bad here, but nothing like Vegas unless you are in downtown Miami... I laugh when people say traffic is horrendous! :sidelol:

Check out pictures of our Dol-Van from my signature...

Yeah an hour to get home everyday has gotta stop. I'm from a small town though so any traffic is bad for me. That van is quite possibly the coolest thing i have ever seen! :dolphins:

Dolphins561
03-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah an hour to get home everyday has gotta stop. I'm from a small town though so any traffic is bad for me. That van is quite possibly the coolest thing i have ever seen! :dolphins:

Thanks! We drove it to Tampa last season! It was hilarious! We get a lot of attention on the turnpike!

Good luck with everything man... Drop me a note if/when you get down here... I'm not looking forward to leaving 80 degree weather and St Pattys Day parade for 30s and rain in Vegas!

:dolphins:

lvstud84
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks! We drove it to Tampa last season! It was hilarious! We get a lot of attention on the turnpike!

Good luck with everything man... Drop me a note if/when you get down here... I'm not looking forward to leaving 80 degree weather and St Pattys Day parade for 30s and rain in Vegas!

:dolphins:

Thanks alot! Will do. Yeah hopefully the race doesn't get rained out!! It won't be that cold though. Actually this has been the warmest winter we've had in a long time! Today was beautiful

King Felix
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
i wanna live in miami