PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bad Days Thread

Silverphin
03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
We all had them. A bad day. It can come in many forms. Sometimes, it's the usual "Bad from the start" day. And sometimes it's the ever dreaded "It was a beautiful day, then someone/something ****ed it up!" day. Tell about you bad days, past or present, hear.

Here's mine.

Before I start, let me let you in on something: I'm a Air Force JROTC cadet at my school. Being one of the more competitive cadets, I'm on my unit's Armed Drill Team, and been on it for going on three years now. A few times each year, we compete at Drill Meets.

There was this one drill meet last school year at Monarch High (in Broward County). We were ready, and we were prepared. It was only regulation (meaning no fancy spinning/swing of rifles. Just the normal rifle movements), so that relieved some pressure.

We went through a few practice runs, scaring the **** out of the many "Army Schools" that were there watching. We watched our other teams (Drill Team and Color Guard), and mingled with the other schools.

Then it was time for us to go on. We went on the drill field (which, by the way, was semi-flooded by rain). We performed flawlessly, and we impressed. So come ceremony time, we expected to come home with a few trophies.

We left home with none....

Let's just say, I wasn't please. During the bus ride home, I was wondering: what the hell did we do wrong? I thought the better schools won.....

Until the next day....

Let me explain something here: Whenever there's a drill meet that is not branch-restricted (or in other words, open for schools), they need a manual from all branches. During drill, each branch have subtle difference on how they march and how they perform certain commands. (Ex.: At parade rest, the location of the hands of an Army cadet and an Air Force cadet differ).

It turned out, when they gave invitations for all schools to compete, it didn't occur to them to ask for an Air Force manual.

Screwed by stupidity....

Clark Kent
03-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Let me tell you about a bad day... I had to wake up at 8:30 for school today. It was horrible...

spydertl79
03-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I wake up at 6 for school every day...

TotoreMexico
03-09-2006, 11:08 PM
I wake up at 6 for school every day...

Tell me about it!:fire:

King Felix
03-09-2006, 11:10 PM
830 isnt bad i get up at 7 15

Clark Kent
03-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Sarcasm guys...

lazareth
03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
We all had them. A bad day. It can come in many forms. Sometimes, it's the usual "Bad from the start" day. And sometimes it's the ever dreaded "It was a beautiful day, then someone/something ****ed it up!" day. Tell about you bad days, past or present, hear.

Here's mine.

Before I start, let me let you in on something: I'm a Air Force JROTC cadet at my school. Being one of the more competitive cadets, I'm on my unit's Armed Drill Team, and been on it for going on three years now. A few times each year, we compete at Drill Meets.

There was this one drill meet last school year at Monarch High (in Broward County). We were ready, and we were prepared. It was only regulation (meaning no fancy spinning/swing of rifles. Just the normal rifle movements), so that relieved some pressure.

We went through a few practice runs, scaring the **** out of the many "Army Schools" that were there watching. We watched our other teams (Drill Team and Color Guard), and mingled with the other schools.

Then it was time for us to go on. We went on the drill field (which, by the way, was semi-flooded by rain). We performed flawlessly, and we impressed. So come ceremony time, we expected to come home with a few trophies.

We left home with none....

Let's just say, I wasn't please. During the bus ride home, I was wondering: what the hell did we do wrong? I thought the better schools won.....

Until the next day....

Let me explain something here: Whenever there's a drill meet that is not branch-restricted (or in other words, open for schools), they need a manual from all branches. During drill, each branch have subtle difference on how they march and how they perform certain commands. (Ex.: At parade rest, the location of the hands of an Army cadet and an Air Force cadet differ).

It turned out, when they gave invitations for all schools to compete, it didn't occur to them to ask for an Air Force manual.

Screwed by stupidity....
I was in Navy ROTC in H.S. and this particular year I was the drill team commander. Stayed up late the night before, partying with some of my buds on the squad in our hotel room (snuck in some booze, weed). Next day at the competition, my mind went blank right after I made the command to march...so, to make a long story short, totally tanked the routine but my team just did what I told 'em so at least what we did do looked sharp...one of the most embarassing moments in my life :shakeno:

d-day
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
i had driving school today - 4 long boring hours of driving school - i was the only one catching myself snoring throughout the entire class, so of course the instructor tried to make an example out of me and specifically called on me to answer every question which i then proceeded to answer every question with wisconsin

TheAnswer385
03-10-2006, 04:32 AM
LoOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A CASE OF THE MONDAYS!!!!!

UltraDol-Fan
03-10-2006, 10:39 AM
LoOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A CASE OF THE MONDAYS!!!!!

Office Space :lol:

mor911
03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
The Mor had a really crappy day once... Created a thread about it too..

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123242

GRAPEAPE
03-10-2006, 10:54 AM
School? I used to hate going to school, then I got a job. Now I hate my job. It gets worse then school guys.

Ohio Fanatic
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
School? I used to hate going to school, then I got a job. Now I hate my job. It gets worse then school guys.

No kidding. Try 9 years of school after high school. Now I wake up at 5:30 am every morning to get my kid ready and go to work. You guys should relish school.

PassRush
03-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Right now, as I type; at the desk in front of me there is a guy screaming at my manager(who deserves to be screamed at), I have a feeling that this could get worse and worse. As I continue to type the guy continues to get louder and is now looking at me and yelling because my manager is now ignoring him. I am about ready to step outside before I lose my temper. I hate people like this

mor911
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Right now, as I type; at the desk in front of me there is a guy screaming at my manager(who deserves to be screamed at), I have a feeling that this could get worse and worse. As I continue to type the guy continues to get louder and is now looking at me and yelling because my manager is now ignoring him. I am about ready to step outside before I lose my temper. I hate people like this
Get a resume ready, and PM me :wink:

PassRush
03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Get a resume ready, and PM me :wink:

Actualy after talking to Mindwarp I went to the library and rented Web Hosting for Dummys. I may just take you guys up on the offer