PDA

View Full Version : The Movie that made you cry thread.

TheAnswer385
03-10-2006, 04:13 AM
i saw another thread turning to this so here it is. The movies that made us cry thread...cmon there is more than 1 movie out there that made you cry post them. This will be fun!!!! :D:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::D

TheAnswer385
03-10-2006, 04:15 AM
I will start "Project X" made me cry seeing those monkeys pass was hard to bare. lol what i was a kid!! kinda

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 04:18 AM
alex22 saw a documentary about how coffee is made and he cried :wink:

i've only cried watching two movies....when the kid is running in the airport in love actually and at the end of schindler's list where they show the real survivors walking

what? it's no damn curious george!

Roman529
03-10-2006, 04:19 AM
1. Old Yeller
2. Eight Below (saw it last week)
3. Titanic (when Leo DiCaprio went under the ice)

lazareth
03-10-2006, 04:19 AM
bridges of madison county made me cry like women at a funeral :shakeno:

d-day
03-10-2006, 04:20 AM
my girl - when vada came downstairs and thomas j was laying there and vada says where's his glasses, he can't see without his glasses... :boohoo:

Alex44

i've only cried watching two movies....when the kid is running in the airport in love actually and at the end of schindler's list where they show the real survivors walking

:lol: :lol: :sidelol:

For the last time the movie didnt make me cry, I was thinking of my ex girlfriend during it and I cried

Roman529

Alex is very sensitive...he wrote 3000 posts in one week after he had a fight with his girl. :wink:

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 04:21 AM
:lol: :lol: :sidelol:

For the last time the movie didnt make me cry, I was thinking of my ex girlfriend during it and I cried

wtf...where the hell did you come from :lol:

and p.s. girls make you cry? damn, we have a lot of work to do on you still!

TheAnswer385
Sweet November got me good too

HysterikiLL
Alex is very sensitive...he wrote 3000 posts in one week after he had a fight with his girl. :wink:

and not one made sense

Alex44
03-10-2006, 04:23 AM
wtf...where the hell did you come from :lol:

and p.s. girls make you cry? damn, we have a lot of work to do on you still!

I came from your closet

Only her actually, I could really give a **** less about mostly everyone else

My friend crys at the movie 'Radio'

d-day
03-10-2006, 04:23 AM
men don't leave - when jessica's boy ran away and she found him at their old treehouse - and she asked him if he was mad at his mommy... :boohoo:

Alex44
03-10-2006, 04:24 AM
and not one made sense

but my other 1,332 did right :wink:

TheAnswer385
I came from your closet

My friend crys at the movie 'Radio'hyster, i dont think that 1 did either.. :tongue:

HysterikiLL
I came from your closet

My friend crys at the movie 'Radio'

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:wink:

Roman529
03-10-2006, 04:25 AM
My Dog SKIP....I can deal with people dying but not with dogs. :boohoo:

TheAnswer385
03-10-2006, 04:26 AM
My Dog SKIP....I can deal with people dying but not with dogs. :boohoo:haha yea that was sad as well!!!

Alex44
03-10-2006, 04:26 AM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Cry_Baby-JrTee.jpg

I hate that movie :lol:

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 04:28 AM
haha yea that was sad as well!!!

All these movies coming out of the cracks now....sheesh give someone else a chance to post what movies make them cry :lol:

lets make it easier...........any movie you HAVEN'T cried whilst watching?

d-day
03-10-2006, 04:28 AM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Cry_Baby-JrTee.jpg

i loved this movie - john waters at his finest :dday:

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 04:29 AM
I have a man crush on Johnny...it's weird...it's like I can't control it

TheAnswer385
03-10-2006, 04:30 AM
Hyster dont make me take you out to the old playground and make a sad movie out of it!!! :tongue: :D

CalDolFan1014
03-10-2006, 04:32 AM
Hyster dont make me take you out to the old playground and make a sad movie out of it!!! :tongue: :D

:lol: :lol:

Ohio Fanatic
03-10-2006, 07:49 AM
When I was a young kid, "The Champ" with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voight (sp?). Damn that made me cry when he died.

Wildbill3
03-10-2006, 08:07 AM
millon dollar babies
The english patient
Big Fish

GRAPEAPE
03-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Remember the titans
where the red fern grows

Rocky Raccoon
03-10-2006, 08:40 AM
27 posts and still not one Bambi...LIARS!

Muck
03-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Saving Private Ryan - the scene where he's standing at John Miller's grave still gets me to this day.

Passion of the Christ - the part where Mary sees Jesus being beaten while carrying the cross and they're flashing back to him as a little boy running into a young Mary's arms. Makes me think of my mom and me at that age. About rips my heart out.

TotoreMexico
03-10-2006, 08:50 AM
27 posts and still not one Bambi...LIARS!

Bambi:boohoo:

anthony!
03-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Hate to sound like a big tough guy, but I don't recall crying to any movies. Although there was a movie put together by the creators of bum fights called "Terrorists and Middle Eastern Whackos". This movie gave me a feeling I have never felt before - very strange. The movie is a collection of brutal deaths and torture, etc. Very graphic, and very real. I wasn't really prepared to watch it...

Scrap
03-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Okay......Rocky II ......no joke. Don't laugh at me too hard.

HugeFinFan
03-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Bambi :couch:

Pagan
03-10-2006, 10:35 AM
~ Grumpier Old Men - When Jack Lemmon finds Burgess Meredith dead by the side of the lake and says "I guess God remembered you, Pop." Makes me think of my Dad and messes me up every time.

~ A League of Their Own - at the end when they're all in the hall of fame looking at photos of themselves when they played ball. It sounds funny, but it makes me think of the day when I'll be looking back at photos of myself onstage and knowing I'll never do that again.

~ Brian's Song - no explanation necessary.

~ Old Yeller - having to shoot your own dog? Do I need to explain?

mor911
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
John Q made the more choke back a tear on a few parts... That damn denzel.

Philter25
03-10-2006, 10:58 AM
The first time I saw the South Park movie, I cried through the entire movie. :yes:

Noodle Arm
03-10-2006, 11:07 AM
I am a MAN! I don't cry at movies because my balls are made of steel!! Grow a pair will ya? Geez! I'm such a man I didn't even shed a tear at the end of E.T. when he asks Elliot to go with him and Elliot says he can't and then E.T.'s finger lights up and he says..*sigh*..."I'll be riiiight here" while touching Elliot's heart. Then...*sniffle* he gets on the ship and the door slowly closes *sniffle sniffle*...and the ship blasts off leaving a rainbow in the sky. An...Annn...Annnd it cuts to *sniffle* Elliot *sniffle* looking up in the sky while John Williams' over the top music plays. Then BAM fade to black while the piano music is playing...nope...*sniffle*..didn't make me cry at all...

:boohoo: :crying:

Passion of the Christ - the part where Mary sees Jesus being beaten while carrying the cross and they're flashing back to him as a little boy running into a young Mary's arms. Makes me think of my mom and me at that age. About rips my heart out.

Very powerful scene. It got me too.

poornate
03-10-2006, 11:33 AM
SLINGBLADE....kills me.

CRASH- Even though I saw it coming....when they "shot" the little girl....tears me up.

BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE- When they play "What a Wonderful World" when the planes hit the towers....awful.

bg34
03-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Armageddon

d-day
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
how about in dumbo when jr goes to see his mom locked up - and they reach out their snouts through the bars and she picks him up... :boohoo: there i go again...

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
how about in dumbo when jr goes to see his mom locked up - and they reach out their snouts through the bars and she picks him up... :boohoo: there i go again...
Oh man I forgot about that one...and then the mouse pulls him away and their trunks keep stretching to get as much contact as possible. :(

How about the Lion King when Simba finds his father dead?

mor911
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Charlotte's web made The Mor a lil sad too...

dreday
03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Scarface made me cry at the end.Didnt want to see him go.:cry:

UltraDol-Fan
03-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I get choked up a little when I watch Band of Brothers, and sometimes when I watch the History Channell.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the end of Saving Private Ryan when he asks his wife if he's been a good man.

NaboCane
03-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Bang the Drum Slowly; I've always said that Michael Moriarty is the most underrated actor of his generation. If you are a baseball fan, as I was until the end of the 70's, or even if you aren't, check this one out. One of DeNiro's finest roles too.

Rocky; and Rocky II...when Adrian is sick and Rocky is at her bedside, agonizing over whether to fight or not, and he asks her what to do, and she says, "Win." Man, that's it...that's the world, that's our universe right there; the struggle between the natures of man and woman, our struggle with conscience, with duty, with pride and honor, and desire...and the way that a good woman, despite any opposition to what he wants, will always stand firmly with her man when the time comes that he realizes he has to do what's in his heart against any odds. That moment right there is a microcosm of all the finest moments of our lives.

And Casablanca. Gets me every one of the 100+ times I've seen it.

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Old Yellow

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FinFan72
03-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Saving Private ryan

Whats eating gilbert grape ( whenever the mom dies )

Con Air ( at the end when he meets his little girl for the first time :crying: )

Goin` Deep
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Brians Song

Something for Joey (story of Heisman Trophy winner John Cappillettis younger brother dying of leukemia)

Million Dollar Baby

The Notebook (the wife made me watch it, but I got lucky afterwards)

Leaving Las Vegas

dominizzo
03-10-2006, 09:12 PM
1. Old Yeller
2. Eight Below (saw it last week)
3. Titanic (when Leo DiCaprio went under the ice)

Titanic:wink:

Jt0323
03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
When Micky Died in Rocky III and Apollo in IV, i did not really cry but it was sad...

Perfect23
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
In some movie called Nothing to lose with Martin Lawrence dont know if any of u seen it it was mostly a funny movie but towards the end when he makes Martin Lawrence give back the money and starts walking home its preety sad.

darkmistress
03-10-2006, 09:32 PM
I'll cry in pretty much any movie even the happy ones :chuckle: unless I find it funny then I'll only have tears of laughter

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945) is probably the one that gets me the most though :boohoo:

SuavePhin
03-10-2006, 09:50 PM
In the movie "What Dreams May Come" when the mom had to explain to the daughter that she was going to take her to be ethunized got me, it really came down like waterfalls when the daughter said "you're going to kill my dog" or something to those exact words, I can handle people dying pretty easily but if its a cat/dog/pet/animal i lose it completely

King Felix
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
babe i was small tho

Agent51
03-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Briana Loves Jenna: A Masterpiece

A Night In Paris: Only because in the section she was getting it from behind and facing the camera she was crying, it was an involuntary reaction on my part

Pam and Tommy video: When Tommy honks the boat horn with, well, you know, lol, it made me crack up so bad I got tears.

OK, now seriously:

Rudy: I didn't CRY, but I did get choked up a little

Brian's Song: Same thing as Rudy

The Program: Again, didn't cry but got choked up, both at the part where the QB looks into the stands in the big game hoping to see his dad there and he isn't, without getting into details it hits home, and again at the part where the all star LB is in the hospital with the busted leg, having to listen to his team's biggest game of the season on the radio because he suffered a career ending injury because a similar thing happened to me, I got injured, had to sit out the playoffs, we lost, and my dream of playing football for a living faded away with it.

Blitz
03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Old Yeller made me cry.

Blitz
03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
The english patient

:eek:

You just gave up your title of "PoFo's resident tough guy"

John Biello
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
where the red fern grows made me cry when i was younger, that was a good story

PHINATIC13
03-11-2006, 12:07 AM
:foundout:Boys on the Side

PassRush
03-11-2006, 01:48 AM
I cry like a baby at the end of Rudy, it gets me EVERY time. I also cried at the end of King Kong. Obviously, I dont watch that many tear jerkers

Pagan
03-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Here's another good one, the scene in "Awakenings" when De Niro wakes up from the coma after 20 years and his mother walks in the room and he looks at her and says "Mama...."

Damn.

Wildbill3
03-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Briana Loves Jenna: A Masterpiece

A Night In Paris: Only because in the section she was getting it from behind and facing the camera she was crying, it was an involuntary reaction on my part

Pam and Tommy video: When Tommy honks the boat horn with, well, you know, lol, it made me crack up so bad I got tears.

OK, now seriously:

Rudy: I didn't CRY, but I did get choked up a little

That movie with the bears running back, forgot the name: Same thing as Rudy

The Program: Again, didn't cry but got choked up, both at the part where the QB looks into the stands in the big game hoping to see his dad there and he isn't, without getting into details it hits home, and again at the part where the all star LB is in the hospital with the busted leg, having to listen to his team's biggest game of the season on the radio because he suffered a career ending injury because a similar thing happened to me, I got injured, had to sit out the playoffs, we lost, and my dream of playing football for a living faded away with it.I know you're trying to be funny, but this misses the mark. :shakeno:

poornate
03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Brians Song

Leaving Las Vegas

...not sure if it made me cry....but what a great movie...

Wildbill3
03-11-2006, 10:35 AM
the one with andy garcia, and something about Dying in Denver I think? the end when he is leaving his own message to his unborn son...

Agent51
03-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I know you're trying to be funny, but this misses the mark. :shakeno:

eh, to each his own, I was just tryin to switch it up a bit, it's a pretty random topic to be on a football message board that is almost entirely made up of men. Besides, I answered properly after anyway.

NaboCane
03-11-2006, 02:56 PM
the one with andy garcia, and something about Dying in Denver I think? the end when he is leaving his own message to his unborn son...
Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead...one of my favorites.

Jimi
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I dont really ever ball or anything at the end up movies, but i do get choked up and at times tear a bit.

Gladiator probably hits me the hardest in that last scene. The music really amplifies the mood.

DeathStar
03-11-2006, 05:36 PM

yep, thats one for me.

lion king too when the dad dies and simba goes to see his his dead body.

OurHeartAndSoul
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Not the most well known film but Rosewood. The part where the old man is forced to dig a grave for his dead wife and himself. Also when the camera pans to the forrest and shows the hundreds of bodies hanging in the trees.

TJamesW_phinfan
03-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Parts of Brians Song and when Hooch died in turner and Hooch.

PHINATIC13
03-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Parts of Brians Song and when Hooch died in turner and Hooch.

Oh man Hooch got me too:boohoo:.

I don't know if anybody's mentioned it but the "goodbye scene" in "THe Wizard of Oz" gets me everytime.:crying:

Phins28
03-11-2006, 07:54 PM
The movie that made me cry was Titanic.

CharlestonPhan
03-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Gone With the Wind: when Rhett Butler locks himself in his dead daughters room and refuses to let her be buried...

He says something to the effect of: I can't let them close my little Bonnie in a cold, dark box, and bury her in the ground. She's terrified of the dark.

what can i say, ive got two young daughters and a third is due on March 25th... the thought of ever having to let one go really gets to me.

Miami 13
03-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Armageddon got me at the end when Bruce Willis was talking to his daughter from the asteriod. Also don't know if anyone has seen it but, Rory O' Shea Was Here got me too at the end.

ih8brady
03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Deer Hunter, when Mike goes to bring back Nicky who is now a professional Russian Roulette player and then at the end when they sing god bless america in honor of him.

I'm embarassed to say but the outsiders got to me a bit when I saw it.

Jt0323
03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I got choked up in ladder 49

Jimi
03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Armageddon got me at the end when Bruce Willis was talking to his daughter from the asteriod. Also don't know if anyone has seen it but, Rory O' Shea Was Here got me too at the end.

I cant quite recall it but i was young and i think Armageddon may have choked me up as well.