PDA

View Full Version : Shooters

Kthurmus23
03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Being it's the weekend, and the beer thread got me thinking about shots, whats everyone favorite? (Shot that is) I like just plain Tequilla, or for a change up Gladiator.

Goin` Deep
03-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Stoli lemondrop

dominizzo
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Liquid cocaine Snake Bite

Timmy54
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
got to have the kamakazi (vodka and lime juice)

NaboCane
03-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Tequila, like a man, with salt and lime. Or Makers and Moose Drool back.

Agent51
03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Being it's the weekend, and the beer thread got me thinking about shots, whats everyone favorite? (Shot that is) I like just plain Tequilla, or for a change up Gladiator.

Liquid Cocaine, it's Jager, Goldshlager, and Rumplemintz (101 proof peppermint schnapps), greatest thing ever. It ounds horrid, I know I was skeptical at first but it taste like an altoid and DEFINATELY get the job done :D

My favorite hard liquor period is Grey Goose. Grey Goose Orange is my favorite, then Citrus, then the normal one, the Vanilla one is GROSS.

As far as tequilla goes, that stuff is pure evil
:evil: <~~ see that? that smiley should be named Tequilla.
That being said, Patron is my favorite Tequilla, I like that it's clear and it's SUPER smooth compared to other Tequillas.

I'll drink absolutely anything though, Shots/mixed drinks like rum and coke are all I drink, I pretty mmuch hate beer, think it's gross. I don't mind Corona, with lime of course, but other than that it sickens me, I don't touch it, unless, of course I have to show someone up with at beer pong or a keg stand :lol: . I don't even play Beirut, or Beer Pong, with beer at my parties/around anyone who can handle it, I use captain and coke or some other hard liquor, and most of the time when someone busts out a beer bong I'll do a rum and coke through it instead of beer. It's crazy, I can drink a BUTTLOAD of shots/mixed drinks and I will be COMPLETLY fine the next day, no headache, no upset stomache, the most I may be is a little drunk still, depending on how long I sleep for, lol, but beer :shakeno: , man, that is the ONLY alcohol that has ever given me a hangover, be it splitting headache, puking, both, Beer is the only thing that has me feelin like crap the next day.

Sidenote, for any Bacardi fans, I was at work gettin my check today when the liquor distributor came in. He had a bottle of Bacardi Watermelon (it's new) and started passin out shots for us to try, it's pretty damn good, I can think of at least 7 drink ideas for it already, can't wait to go to work tomorrow night and make em and se if any turn into a big hit, because everytime one of us bartenders invents a new drink that's really good we get to name it and it becomes the drink special on our shifts. The boss sells it for cheaper then normal when we work, if we don't work it's regular price.

Another sidenote, the worst drink I EVER made, hell the worst IDEA I ever had, alcohol related or note, I dcided to name the Liquid OD (over dose). Now I named this drink BEFORE I made it mind you, but MAN I could not have been anymore spot-on with it's description. It was 1 shot of Everclear (190 proof alcohol, illegal in some states), 1 shot of 99 Bananas, 1 shot of Grey Goose, 1 shot of bacardi, so that is 4 pretty strong shots, in ONE glass, with a splash, JUST a SPLASH of orange juice, "for color" (I was pretty trashed already, which is prolly why the shot seemed like a good idea). Man, that shot felt like swallowing a rag soaked in gasoline and lit on fire wth barbed wire wrapped around it, by FAR the worst thing I have ever done (including straight up shots of everclear). That thing TOOK ME OUT, I was walking to go downtown and hang out and all the sudden my legs gave out and I fell and I could NOT get up and my vision started fading in and out of black, even though my eyes were open. My friend that was with me ended up calling a cab and the second the cab stopped I fell out of the door puking everywhere. I THOUGHT it was a red light but it as my friends house. I passed out and felt like CRAP for 3 days, and for almost 6 months I wasn't able to do shots, of ANYTHING, without it feeling like they were coming right back up. I thought my drinking career was ruined before I even turned 21, since like I said shots are the only thing I drink, but EVENTUALLY I got my full abilities back :D

OK, sorry for the novel, lol, I'm just bored and rambling to pass the time til I have to start gettin ready to go out.

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Ahem. Somebody loves their alcohol a little too much^ :wink:

Agent51
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Ahem. Somebody loves their alcohol a little too much^ :wink:

LOL, nah man, I don't HAVE to drink, I just like to party. I can have fun at a party not drinking a thing, it's just more fun, and the drunk people annoy you less, if you are drunk too, lol. Plus I grew up in a small town where there wasn't much to do BUT party, haha.

GRAPEAPE
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Liquid Cocaine, it's Jager, Goldshlager, and Rumplemintz (101 proof peppermint schnapps), greatest thing ever. It ounds horrid, I know I was skeptical at first but it taste like an altoid and DEFINATELY get the job done :D

My favorite Shot also. But round these here parts we call it" Black Death." You're the Bartender so I will refer to it properly from now on. Isn't their a fruity mix drink by the same name?

For a twist, I will substitute sambuca for the rumplemintz, TASTY!!

Agent51
03-11-2006, 12:17 AM
My favorite Shot also. But round these here parts we call it" Black Death." You're the Bartender so I will refer to it properly from now on. Isn't their a fruity mix drink by the same name?

For a twist, I will substitute sambuca for the rumplemintz, TASTY!!

Well, see here's where it gets tricky. Out here, and in California where I also bartend, a Liquid Cocaine is NOT what I described it as. In fact, if you look up Liquid Cocaine shot recipes there are a few different ones and none of them (that I have seen anyway) are made like I described. The thing is, back in RI someone told me about the shot and said it was Liquid Cocaine, except TECHNICALLY it is not, lol, but I really liked the name so I just kept it. I figured hey, there are multiple ways of making most shots, and I have never seen a shot recipe that has those three ingredients, so why NOT call it Liquid Cocaine. I can't give it my own name because I didn't invent it, but the guy who told me about it called it that, plus I like the name, so that's what I call it. Off the top of my head here are the "official" ways to make Liquid Cocaines:

Bacardi 151
Goldschlager
Rumplemintz

or

Bacardi 151
Goldshlager
Jager

or

Grand Marnier
Souther Comfort
Absolut
Amaretto
Pineapple juice

(probably the "fruity" one you are thinking of)

That last one is what you get when you order a Liquid Cocaine out here, and in Cali. However, since I like mine much better I order a Liquid Cocaine and, if the bartender doesn't know me I tell 'em how I make it, and they'll ask where I got that recipe, and I say RI, so everytie I order a Liquid Cocaine out here I say "Liquid Cocaine, EAST coast style" and they know what I mean.

Those are the recipes I know of for Liquid Cocaine (plus mine) off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more. In fact, I believe MY version is ACTUALLY called Liquid Crack, but Liquid Cocaine sounds a BILLION times cooler so I will continue to call it that. No matter WHAT you call it it is BADASS, lol.

Blitz
03-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Crown Royal

saves
03-11-2006, 01:06 AM
I don't like to pick favorites, but had some goldschlager last week and it was awesome. I've always been a big bacardi fan as well. For vodka three olives is good and not too expensive.