PDA

View Full Version : Corps or core?

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Fill in the blank with one of the words in the subject:

If Miami signs TO, our WR ______ will be stout.

I have to admit that it drives me a little bit crazy every time I see the word "core" used in that context.

HysterikiLL
03-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I always get the damn thing mixed up. But I typically say corps (pronounced corp -- which sounds like core)

darkmistress
03-10-2006, 11:28 PM
it's spelt corps but pronounced "core" a corpse is a dead body

Blitz
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I prefer using the term "WR core" when discussing a team's top three WRs. They're both correct if you use "core" to denote the top three or four WRs, and "corps" to denote all of the team's WRs.

darkmistress
03-11-2006, 12:51 AM
you can say "Chris Chambers is Miami's core WR" or "Chambers, Booker and Welker are Miami's core WRs"

but there's no such thing as a WR core unless you're refering to your WR's as apples :chuckle:

Samphin
03-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Fill in the blank with one of the words in the subject:

If Miami signs TO, our WR ______ will be stout.

I have to admit that it drives me a little bit crazy every time I see the word "core" used in that context.

You mean corps, but both can be used as another poster pointed out. Like for instance, Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas make up CORE of our linebacking CORPS.

Wildbill3
03-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Uh, corps. :D

corps

7 entries found for corps.
To select an entry, click on it. corpscorps de balletcorps d'eliteesprit de corpspeace corpssergeant major of the marine corpsgarde du corps Main Entry: corps http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/audio-1.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?corps001.wav=corps'))
Pronunciation: 'kOr, 'kor
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural corps http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/audio-1.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?corps002.wav=corps')) /'kOrz, 'korz/
Etymology: French, from Latin corpus body
1 a : an organized subdivision of the military establishment <Marine Corps> <Signal Corps> b : a tactical unit usually consisting of two or more divisions and auxiliary arms and services
2 : a group of persons associated together or acting under common direction; especially : a body of persons having a common activity or occupation <the press corps>

NaboCane
03-11-2006, 06:13 AM
you can say "Chris Chambers is Miami's core WR" or "Chambers, Booker and Welker are Miami's core WRs"

but there's no such thing as a WR core unless you're refering to your WR's as apples :chuckle:

And DM will rap your knuckles with a ruler too!

Wildbill3
03-11-2006, 06:25 AM
And DM will rap your knuckles with a ruler too!Okay, thanks for the image nabo! Now I'm picturing DM as the School teacher in the "hot for the teacher" video!!!

:lol:

:couch:

Samphin
03-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Okay, thanks for the image nabo! Now I'm picturing DM as the School teacher in the "hot for the teacher" video!!!

:lol:

:couch:

:band2: :hump:

Mike13
03-11-2006, 03:18 PM
You mean corps, but both can be used as another poster pointed out. Like for instance, Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas make up CORE of our linebacking CORPS.

Yeah thats right.

Jimmy James
03-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I find it shocking that there is such great consensus in this thread because it seems like all I ever see is "core".

John Biello
03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
jimmy if your going by posts made in the main forum, think about who manufactures those posts...most of them at least

CalDolFan1014
03-11-2006, 06:54 PM

So would our running backs be oranges???????? :hmmm:

Oh yeah....congrats on 3000! Where's the celebration???? :confused:

darkmistress
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
And DM will rap your knuckles with a ruler too!

:tsk:

darkmistress
03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
So would our running backs be oranges???????? :hmmm:

Oh yeah....congrats on 3000! Where's the celebration???? :confused:

I didn't even realise :o I have a feeling it might go down again soon though so I might hold off until later :chuckle: