PDA

View Full Version : marlins to san antonio?

tory
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
i didnt look too far in this section to see if anyone had mentioned this, but i read somewhere, maybe yahoo sports, that they were offering some huge *** new stadium funding w/taxes or whatever temping the marlins out of fla. they said a rep from the marlins said they got the stadium proposal but that's all they'd say. anyone else have any other news about this?

King Felix
03-10-2006, 11:42 PM
no SCREW SAN ANTONIA THEY ARE COMIN TO PORTLAND!

DanStillStands
03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Just get them out of dolphins stadium. Does not matter where they go.

DwayneWade
03-11-2006, 12:36 AM
if marlins are goign to move anywhere i hope its hialeah, but i hope they can stay in miami.

Prime Time
03-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Just get them out of dolphins stadium. Does not matter where they go.

Please. If any team deserves to be in Dolphins Stadium, it is the Marlins. At least they have won a Championship lately...

Jimmy James
03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Please. If any team deserves to be in Dolphins Stadium, it is the Marlins. At least they have won a Championship lately...

Is that how it works? I have been a good guy and have even won a couple of honors. Does that mean I can boot out the owner of the mansion on the corner because I deserve it more?

It's DOLPHINS STADIUM. There is only one deserving tenant.

Prime Time
03-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Is that how it works? I have been a good guy and have even won a couple of honors. Does that mean I can boot out the owner of the mansion on the corner because I deserve it more?

It's DOLPHINS STADIUM. There is only one deserving tenant.

It use to be PRO PLAYER STADIUM. And maybe The Fins are the only ones that should play there, I just dislike the fact that Dolphin Fans say kick the Marlins out. Some people do like the Marlins ya know.

Roman529
03-11-2006, 03:44 AM
I heard Red McCombs may buy the team and move them to San Antone. That would suck for Miami.

King Felix
03-11-2006, 03:57 AM
no i hate that guy they are comin to portland damnit

Jimmy James
03-12-2006, 02:23 AM
It use to be PRO PLAYER STADIUM. And maybe The Fins are the only ones that should play there, I just dislike the fact that Dolphin Fans say kick the Marlins out. Some people do like the Marlins ya know.

I like the Marlins just fine myself. I just don't want their dirt screwing up kicks any more. Plus, any two time world champ deserves their own home.

Prime Time
03-12-2006, 04:14 AM
I like the Marlins just fine myself. I just don't want their dirt screwing up kicks any more. Plus, any two time world champ deserves their own home.

Screwing up kicks?? Wouldn't the other team have a hard time kicking in that dirt too? It works both ways. Funny how everyone just says the dirt messes up our kicks...

Jimmy James
03-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Screwing up kicks?? Wouldn't the other team have a hard time kicking in that dirt too? It works both ways. Funny how everyone just says the dirt messes up our kicks...

It impacts the Dolphins and their kicks more because the Dolphins all their home games at the stadium. It's like how Colorado pitchers are at a disadvantage because they play half their games in thin air vs. only the games against Colorado at their house for the other NL pitchers.

ChrisKo
03-12-2006, 04:47 AM
I heard Red McCombs may buy the team and move them to San Antone. That would suck for Miami.

Actually Red said that he's be interested in being a minor investor and not have controlling ownership. I live in San Antonio and that's what Red said when the local news talked to him.

Prime Time
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
It impacts the Dolphins and their kicks more because the Dolphins all their home games at the stadium. It's like how Colorado pitchers are at a disadvantage because they play half their games in thin air vs. only the games against Colorado at their house for the other NL pitchers.

And 4 games max hold the infield dirt...unless they hit the playoffs, which has been rare.

tucker
03-13-2006, 01:52 AM
wont happen..there is no market there

Jimmy James
03-13-2006, 02:24 AM
And 4 games max hold the infield dirt...unless they hit the playoffs, which has been rare.

That's 4 games more than the Patriots, Jets, or Bills are kicking off the dirt unless one of them happens to play Miami at Miami early (in which case it's 3 games).

DeathStar
03-13-2006, 03:08 AM
excuses excuses excuses...

blaming the dirt for playing bad.

just admit olindo has blown it a couple of times.

Jimmy James
03-13-2006, 03:25 AM
I have no great love for Mare.

I still don't want the damned dirt out there marring up our game. There is very good reason why there aren't (very many?) any? other multipurpose stadiums out there. They suck for baseball watching, and the dirt lessens the game of football.

I feel for you Marlins fans whose cheap fellow citizens wouldn't chip in for a decent place for them to play even after 2 championships, but that shouldn't be my burden to bear as a non-Marlins fan Dolphins fan.

Prime Time
03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
That's 4 games more than the Patriots, Jets, or Bills are kicking off the dirt unless one of them happens to play Miami at Miami early (in which case it's 3 games).

And Miami still manages a better record then 2 of those teams. So it's the Marlins fault that Miami loses games...wow...