PDA

View Full Version : Somthing worth mentioning..

Califin
03-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Just talked to my brother, who called me from the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.

Apparently theres a Charity Poker Event going on there, with numerous NFL coaches taking part, including our own Don Shula.

While their gaming is roped off to all but those involved, its still fan friendly, and my bro was kickin it right behind Shula, of whom he said, "wasn't doing too well".
I'm not too familiar with Texas Hold em, which I believe they were playing, but eventually towards the end, Shula finally drew a pretty good hand.

My bro said he was holding 2 cards, which were either 2 aces, or an ace and deuce.
There was another guy across from him, who kept raising the pot, and as some players folded, Shula hung in there this time, apparently confident he had a shot at winning it.

Thing is, Shula's getting up there in his years, and my bro said as the pot grew, he noticed his cards began to shake, er rather that his hand holding the cards started shaking.
My bro said, It was classic, Shula couldn't hide his excitment!
"It was clear to see", he said, "It didn't start until right after he drew the ace, and the pot started growing",
Shula knew he had a good hand, and couldn't hide it!
Finally it ended up just Shula, and the guy across from him, and Shula who was running outa chips, ends up betting all he had and calling it.

The guy then looked over to Shula and says, "So, you think you got a pretty good hand, huh?" (or somthing along that line.)
and Shula replies, "Better than yours". My bro said he cracked up on that one!
And sure enough, Shula won it!

My bro said he had to call me and tell me about it. He said Shula's a way cool guy, and that after it was over, he said,
"Hey Don! My brother's a hardcore Dolphin fan"
Shula looks over at him and says,"Yeah? Great, wheres he from?"

My brother then goes, "Oh,..uh...california...

To which Don replied, "Even better!"

rainmaker1313
03-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Just talked to my brother, who called me from the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.

Apparently theres a Charity Poker Event going on there, with numerous NFL coaches taking part, including our own Don Shula.

While their gaming is roped off to all but those involved, its still fan friendly, and my bro was kickin it right behind Shula, of whom he said, "wasn't doing too well".
I'm not too familiar with Texas Hold em, which I believe they were playing, but eventually towards the end, Shula finally drew a pretty good hand.

My bro said he was holding 2 cards, which were either 2 aces, or an ace and deuce.
There was another guy across from him, who kept raising the pot, and as some players folded, Shula hung in there this time, apparently confident he had a shot at winning it.

Thing is, Shula's getting up there in his years, and my bro said as the pot grew, he noticed his cards began to shake, er rather that his hand holding the cards started shaking.
My bro said, It was classic, Shula couldn't hide his excitment!
"It was clear to see", he said, "It didn't start until right after he drew the ace, and the pot started growing",
Shula knew he had a good hand, and couldn't hide it!
Finally it ended up just Shula, and the guy across from him, and Shula who was running outa chips, ends up betting all he had and calling it.

The guy then looked over to Shula and says, "So, you think you got a pretty good hand, huh?" (or somthing along that line.)
and Shula replies, "Better than yours". My bro said he cracked up on that one!
And sure enough, Shula won it!

My bro said he had to call me and tell me about it. He said Shula's a way cool guy, and that after it was over, he said,
"Hey Don! My brother's a hardcore Dolphin fan"
Shula looks over at him and says,"Yeah? Great, wheres he from?"

My brother then goes, "Oh,..uh...california...

To which Don replied, "Even better!"

I met Don Shula myself and got to shake hands with him and said a few words! I think I said something like I always wanted to shake hands with the best coach in the NFL! He chucked and said Thanks!

KevInMotion
03-11-2006, 03:20 AM
great story my man, thats a trip, shula is tryin to hustle helmuth and moneymaker hahaha

Roman529
03-11-2006, 03:23 AM
One day I am going to see a Phins game in Dolphins stadium and then afterwards go to Shula's restaurant and eat the biggest steak they have...then I can die happy. :wink:

DeathStar
03-11-2006, 03:25 AM
One day I am going to see a Phins game in Dolphins stadium and then afterwards go to Shula's restaurant and eat the biggest steak they have...then I can die happy. :wink:

you only can die happy if our fins win a super bowl.:D

Roman529
03-11-2006, 03:28 AM

That's true, but I did see them win back to back SB's in 1972-1973...but I was 6 and 7 years old so I didn't really appreciate it as much.

Califin
03-11-2006, 03:38 AM
great story my man, thats a trip, shula is tryin to hustle helmuth and moneymaker hahaha

:rofl3:

Yup, if the shaking didn't give it away! lol

Originally Posted by Roman529

It doesn't have to be the same year, but I don't wanna be buried, until I see both.:fogey:

That's true, but I did see them win back to back SB's in 1972-1973...but I was 6 and 7 years old so I didn't really appreciate it as much.

I think I was that age too, and when I was first introduced to them.

So I'll restate that,

It doesn't have to be the same year, but I don't wanna be buried, until I can see both, and appreciate it as such. :fogey: