PDA

View Full Version : Do you get warnings because a mod has a bad day?

InMyChambers
03-11-2006, 08:12 AM
That's the only explanation I can think of for why I got one. Actually, i believe the exact reason is because my signature said, "mod edit - over 40K limit" or something to that effect. It's been that way for at least 3+ months and now I get a warning for that. Is this a joke????????

byroan
03-11-2006, 08:39 AM
No you do not get warnings because a mod has a bad day. You get warnings because you violate the TOS.

PHINATIC13
03-11-2006, 12:13 PM
:evilmod:...................................................:lol:

InMyChambers
03-11-2006, 12:23 PM
No you do not get warnings because a mod has a bad day. You get warnings because you violate the TOS.

Please explain to me how I violated the TOS then?

byroan
03-11-2006, 01:51 PM

It's explained in your warning log.

InMyChambers
03-11-2006, 03:11 PM
i tried to view my log and this is what i'm getting:

There seems to have been a problem with the FinHeaven & Co Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Samphin
03-11-2006, 03:17 PM

Not to be a mod-sider or anything, but TOS says a sig can't be over 40k and yours was, so TOS was violated. The new rules that roled out a few weeks back have language saying that you get warnings for stuff like that.

I had something similar but it was before the warning system deal so they just disabled it, they didn't give me a warning. Personally, I find the new rules to be too harsh but it isn't my call.

The Samurai
03-11-2006, 03:19 PM

:p4e: Right:rolleyes2

cnc66
03-11-2006, 03:21 PM

hahahahaha cry me a river hahahahaha

byroan
03-11-2006, 03:29 PM

What is it you're trying to imply?

InMyChambers
03-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Not to be a mod-sider or anything, but TOS says a sig can't be over 40k and yours was, so TOS was violated. The new rules that roled out a few weeks back have language saying that you get warnings for stuff like that.

I had something similar but it was before the warning system deal so they just disabled it, they didn't give me a warning. Personally, I find the new rules to be too harsh but it isn't my call.

you aren't following me. before this warning system was institued they adjusted my sig which is fine. my signature had become "mod edit 40K exceeded" which is fine... i kinda got a chuckle out of it. then a mod gave me a warning just recently for having that "Mod edit 40K exceeded" as my signature which i find delusional. that's my question.

i'm also still wondering when i'm going to get to see this warning log.

Samphin
03-11-2006, 03:50 PM
you aren't following me. before this warning system was institued they adjusted my sig which is fine. my signature had become "mod edit 40K exceeded" which is fine... i kinda got a chuckle out of it. then a mod gave me a warning just recently for having that "Mod edit 40K exceeded" as my signature which i find delusional. that's my question.

i'm also still wondering when i'm going to get to see this warning log.

Oh, then it sounds like you had exactly what I had. Maybe since you didn't change it? The mods still saw it as over 40K? :confused: I don't know. I would think you have a legit grievance. Again though, I am just a lowly schlub.

The Samurai
03-11-2006, 05:24 PM

I got a warning for this? Somebody must be having a bad day. Can you mods please be real here. This is exactly what this thread is about.

darkmistress
03-11-2006, 06:32 PM

What's so harsh about being warned? The previous warning system was a mod edit, nothing has changed it's exactly the same.

Jimmy James
03-11-2006, 06:46 PM
To the OP:

At the time you were warned, what exactly was in your sig? Was it ONLY the mod edit language, or was it the image and the language?

InMyChambers
03-11-2006, 10:59 PM
To the OP:

At the time you were warned, what exactly was in your sig? Was it ONLY the mod edit language, or was it the image and the language?
only the mod edit language.

Wildbill3
03-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I got a warning for this? Somebody must be having a bad day. Can you mods please be real here. This is exactly what this thread is about.you know exactly why you picked up points, you were being purposing antagonistic. If a mod gives an answer to a question, you don't turn around a call that mod a liar in the same thread, or any thread for that matter.

King Felix
03-12-2006, 02:31 AM

lol

Jimmy James
03-12-2006, 02:35 AM
lol

Don't encourage that type of behavior.

King Felix
03-12-2006, 02:40 AM
my bad....i just dont get how he would get warning points for saying that....its like u cant voice ur opinion.

Jimmy James
03-12-2006, 02:42 AM
You can't backtalk the mods. That's just common courtesy. They keep this place running. If you have an issue with them, air it politely.

King Felix
03-12-2006, 02:44 AM
he didnt really backtalk the mods because he just came in the discussion, but i get what u mean.

Jimmy James
03-12-2006, 02:49 AM
He used pictograms to suggest what the mod was saying was horse****.

inFINSible
03-12-2006, 07:40 AM
only the mod edit language.
Are you sure?

Then what is this?....." Warnings can suck it."

In the logs, it says that was what was in your sig.

InMyChambers
03-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Are you sure?

Then what is this?....." Warnings can suck it."

In the logs, it says that was what was in your sig.

that's what i put AFTER i received the warning for the mod edit language. and right or wrong i don't see the big deal with that one. as per the TOS i didn't target anyone personally, nor did i post anything offensive. i'm simply expressing my frustration with the warning system itself, it's not directed at anyone personally.

inFINSible
03-12-2006, 10:03 AM
that's what i put AFTER i received the warning for the mod edit language. and right or wrong i don't see the big deal with that one. as per the TOS i didn't target anyone personally, nor did i post anything offensive. i'm simply expressing my frustration with the warning system itself, it's not directed at anyone personally.
We won't allow antagonistic sigs towards any member of this site. Why would we allow them towards the site itself, and by proxy the people that are behind the warning system?

Not to mention that it's inapproriate for this MB.

Let me check into what happened here, if what you are saying is completely true, I'll see what I can do about lowering your points.

InMyChambers
03-12-2006, 10:47 AM
We won't allow antagonistic sigs towards any member of this site. Why would we allow them towards the site itself, and by proxy the people that are behind the warning system?

Not to mention that it's inapproriate for this MB.

Let me check into what happened here, if what you are saying is completely true, I'll see what I can do about lowering your points.
just to be consistent with that train of thought... we can say patriots suck (pats suck is even a smiley you can choose) which in turn should offend any and all pats fans that come to the site. why is that ok? what if i said the colors of the patriots messageboard suck on this board, does that deserve a warning?

why is it ok to say a specific player sucks? why is it ok to call a player or former player on this team a wife beater when those charges are alleged? why is it ok to bash owners, players, organizations, media outlets, etc. but not about a specific attribute (a minute one at that) of this website? what if i said that frown smiley sucks? :( it brings me down and makes me sad? where is the line, because i read the TOS and don't think i violated it?

i realize this is a private site and we don't have the same rights that we do in the real world -- that is free speech for better or for worse. there's nothing wrong with a dictatorship. i wish it would just be expressed to me if that's gonna be the case. and if it is i'll just continue my walk on the glass even though i know where the holes are.

inFINSible
03-12-2006, 11:07 AM
You wanna compare sports rivalry and smack talk to disrespecting the people who are allowing you the priveledge of posting here? Even allowing you to post here after going so far as to compare them to Nazi's?? (<--- what I found out when checking further into this)

I don't think so.

InMyChambers
03-12-2006, 11:22 AM
You wanna compare sports rivalry and smack talk to disrespecting the people who are allowing you the priveledge of posting here? Even allowing you to post here after going so far as to compare them to Nazi's??

I don't think so.
now, you're assuming. i'm not going to argue anymore. you can't win when the legislative and judicial branch are one and the same.