PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I Hate Ticketmaster" Thread

UncleCosmic
03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Stupid Ticketmaster. Tickets for Jimmy Buffett at Nissan Pavilion in VA went on sale at 10am today-along with 8 other shows. I was logged on early, refreshed often, and as soon as they were available, I submitted my request. According to them, the show sold out in 2 MINUTES. I refuse to pay a "broker" (scalper), so I've been trying for the last 45 minutes in the hope that someone's credit card gets rejected and 2 tickets open up. I hate going through this crap every time I want to go to a concert. There has to be a better way.

Muck
03-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Sucks man.

It's better to call in early and get a rep on the phone. In my experience, they'll stay on the line with you until you until the opening hour arrives.

Granted that was the late '90s. So I don't know if it's still like that. But I used to get "tough" concert tickets that way. :)

Muck
03-11-2006, 12:15 PM
BTW - How much were the tickets you wanted??

UncleCosmic
03-11-2006, 12:35 PM
BTW - How much were the tickets you wanted??

$126.00 per-there are only 2 prices this year: $126.00 for pavilion, $36.00 for lawn. The lady and I can't do lawn anymore due to the drunken puking/stumbling factor (on the part of others), so we go for seats only.

All hope isn't lost, though-there is still an outside shot at tickets through our PH club, or someone we know may have gotten extra.

I still hate Ticketmaster, though.

PHINATIC13
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
UncleCosmic,I would try e-bay for tickets.

I've heard that they have so many "pre-sold or hold"tickets for big corps and other outlets(i.e.Scalpers)that Ticketmaster has **** to choose from anyway nowadays.Heck when I go to Angel(LA)games I buy tickets on e-bay from season ticket holders to get field level seats.This works quite well for me,goodluck man.

Agent51
03-11-2006, 01:11 PM
$126.00 per-there are only 2 prices this year: $126.00 for pavilion, $36.00 for lawn. The lady and I can't do lawn anymore due to the drunken puking/stumbling factor (on the part of others), so we go for seats only.

All hope isn't lost, though-there is still an outside shot at tickets through our PH club, or someone we know may have gotten extra.

I still hate Ticketmaster, though.

I'd check eBay if all else fails. I'm not POSITIVE but I don't think you can resell tickets on eBay for MORE than face value so you should be able to get them for the price ticketmaster wanted, maybe less because there is no "service" fee. It's worth a shot at least. BTW, Jimi Buffet is AMAZING live. I have seen him a few times out here, one time he played a concert with Jack Johnson which was just freakin stunning. They both played "Margaritaville" and "A Pirate Looks At 40" together for the encore, it was so great.