PDA

View Full Version : Supply-side vs. Demand-side. Which is better?

Sniper
02-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Just a poll to see which policy people think works better. Why do you think the way you do?

Sabre Ally
02-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Uhm...demand-side is my choice, because Reaganomics didn't work.

Sniper
02-26-2003, 07:29 AM
Well there was economic growth under Reagen, but the jobs created were mostly dead-end, low-paying jobs service jobs.

Marino1983
02-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Uhm...demand-side is my choice, because Reaganomics didn't work.

But Regan said he loved the underprivileged and poor ..... He should have because his views of the economy and actions back then added to those list's 3 fold !!!!!! Now we have W using Regans domestic and foreign policys as a blueprint to create a national debt in the trillions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is THANK YOU to the SUPREME COURT ..... :yell: :fire: Marino1983

Dolfan984
02-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Good post 1983.

Sniper
02-27-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Marino1983
But Regan said he loved the underprivileged and poor ..... He should have because his views of the economy and actions back then added to those list's 3 fold !!!!!! Now we have W using Regans domestic and foreign policys as a blueprint to create a national debt in the trillions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is THANK YOU to the SUPREME COURT ..... :yell: :fire: Marino1983

GWB must "love" the poor even more than Reagan did.

Dolfan984
02-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Can't you tell with all the tax breaks for the rich Sniper? I sure could!

George Bush :chair: Me

Marino1983
02-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
GWB must "love" the poor even more than Reagan did.

Like I have posted before, I live in a very conservative republican area .... Tax breaks are the first thing that come out of peoples mouths around here but when I ask them about who is benefiting the most and WHO is going to ultimately PAY for these tax cut's ,,, I get the same response,,, Whats wrong with being a rich person ....:goof:

Some people are so into their conservative frame of mind that they are too bull headed or naive to realize that when the rich get the biggest % of a tax cut, the working middle class are the ones who pay for it or basicly "get the shaft" !!

There is nothing wrong with being a "rich person" but when they can obtain a multitude of tax shelters, steal money from pension plans with NO reprisals of any degree and benefit from 12 years of "trickle down" economics while some of the working class are signing up for unemployment and running out of benefits,, that's when I have major problems with the rich !!!!:fire: Marino1983

Sniper
02-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983
Like I have posted before, I live in a very conservative republican area .... Tax breaks are the first thing that come out of peoples mouths around here but when I ask them about who is benefiting the most and WHO is going to ultimately PAY for these tax cut's ,,, I get the same response,,, Whats wrong with being a rich person ....:goof:

Some people are so into their conservative frame of mind that they are too bull headed or naive to realize that when the rich get the biggest % of a tax cut, the working middle class are the ones who pay for it or basicly "get the shaft" !!

There is nothing wrong with being a "rich person" but when they can obtain a multitude of tax shelters, steal money from pension plans with NO reprisals of any degree and benefit from 12 years of "trickle down" economics while some of the working class are signing up for unemployment and running out of benefits,, that's when I have major problems with the rich !!!!:fire: Marino1983

I'm agreeing with you man!

The sad part about all these supposed tax cuts is they throw us, the working class, peanuts. A few thousand dollars at most. Then this same money is taken right back from us in the form of higher property and school taxes, higher sales tax, and higher user fees.

Marino1983
02-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
I'm agreeing with you man!

The sad part about all these supposed tax cuts is they throw us, the working class, peanuts. A few thousand dollars at most. Then this same money is taken right back from us in the form of higher property and school taxes, higher sales tax, and higher user fees.

Total agreement Snipe ! :D Marino1983

Blitz
06-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Bump

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-13-2006, 11:56 PM
helluva bump...

Dolfan984
06-14-2006, 12:01 AM
lmao some old *** posts by me :lol:

:lol: at Sabre Alley's avy

ABrownLamp
06-14-2006, 12:29 AM
wow. I wasnt even a member when this thread was created. I have no idea how you found this in the archives, Blitz

OurHeartAndSoul
06-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Damn I just failed an economics test today, and one of the questions on the test discussed supply-side economics.:smackhead

havanahec
06-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Bump

I guess this is what happens when the Gore news is slow.:D