PDA

View Full Version : Shadow the Hedgehog....great game...or huge disappointment

Alex44
03-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I bought it....and ive been playing and I cant decide

Growing up sonic was one of my favorite games, ive beaten every one they ever came out with *that im aware of* so I decided to get this one

I expected more....from the levels and the gameplay....but I did think it was a huge step forwards for the series, and they had some pretty good ideas that need some refining..

anyone else have the game and could tell me what they thought?

mor911
03-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I refuse to play it... yet another gimmick thrown towards gamers that like gimmicks... Make shadow really cool lookin and give hime a gun... That'll work. Sheesh.

Dolfan984
03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I refuse to play it... yet another gimmick thrown towards gamers that like gimmicks... Make shadow really cool lookin and give hime a gun... That'll work. Sheesh.

I agree I like originals or sequels with at least the same characters.

SweetLou
03-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm not too big a fan of the "newer" Sonic series. But the old games r classic so I bought the Sonic mega collection for PS2 which has all the Genesis games on it and more.

Alex44
03-12-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm not too big a fan of the "newer" Sonic series. But the old games r classic so I bought the Sonic mega collection for PS2 which has all the Genesis games on it and more.

I have mega collection for gamecube, I love it

I dont particularly like the newer sonics but its sonic....so I have to play them

JPhinfan86
03-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Well the fact is the demographic for this series at work is typically younger kids to pre-teens so I just have no interest personally. I still refer younger kids to it however. There's something about making Shadow out to be this hardcore, ruthless bad@ss that doesn't translate for me. No matter what he does he's still far too cartoonish to be scared of. :lol: I've heard pretty bad things about this game and we got 3 used copies in 10 days after its release date.....if that tells you anything. Funny thing is they used the trade credit to later buy Sonic Riders which everyone seems to adore....whatever I guess. If you're a Sonic fan this sounds like the hot title to have. :dunno:

JPhinfan86
03-17-2006, 06:08 AM
My exact feelings Mor. It's as if they realize they're losing steam in the series and they are attempting to find something to boost appeal. This particular angle isn't working as far as I can tell. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. I can say I think they need to do something 'well' soon or Sonic could be done in the game department. Games like "Sonic Riders" to me are games made as consolation....what I mean is that they don't really further the series but they make a dime in the series name. Example: The Crash Bandicoot has Crash Nitro Kart in this capacity. Jak and Daxter series -- Jak X: Combat Racing. I'm sure some of you see my point.

NOTE: I'm not going to include Mario Kart in this description because Mario Kart seemed to do alot for the Mario franchise. The first and best. :up:

Dolfan984
03-17-2006, 07:54 AM
My exact feelings Mor. It's as if they realize they're losing steam in the series and they are attempting to find something to boost appeal. This particular angle isn't working as far as I can tell. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. I can say I think they need to do something 'well' soon or Sonic could be done in the game department. Games like "Sonic Riders" to me are games made as consolation....what I mean is that they don't really further the series but they make a dime in the series name. Example: The Crash Bandicoot has Crash Nitro Kart in this capacity. Jak and Daxter series -- Jak X: Combat Racing. I'm sure some of you see my point.

NOTE: I'm not going to include Mario Kart in this description because Mario Kart seemed to do alot for the Mario franchise. The first and best. :up:

SNES Mario Kart is where it's at

JPhinfan86
03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Absolutely right. The Advance port-version is one of the best i've ever seen. GREAT stuff.