PDA

View Full Version : Workout Music

A Wing Pilot
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I just started a pretty decent workout routine, and am looking for music to play. What do you guys listen to when you work out.

do you work out?

mor911
03-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't do a full workout, but The Mor runs 2-5 miles every night after work.

Agent51
03-13-2006, 02:49 PM
I just started a pretty decent workout routine, and am looking for music to play. What do you guys listen to when you work out.

do you work out?

Depends on what genre you normally listen to. I listen to punk, REAL punk, lol, not that MTV emo "punk" crap or that "hardcore" screaming punk, and rock, so when I workout that's what I play, cuz it's pretty high energy and loud, lol. You obviously don't wanna listen to slow stuff if you are using it to try and motivate you, so listen to something fast and hard. I like AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Motley Crue, etc etc on top of my punk stuff.

HysterikiLL
03-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I run about 4 miles a day (I try for the morning, but normally run at night) and have a full weights set up in the spare room with the treadmill. Just getting into a serious weights routine.

As for music, I normally play whatever's new on my iPod. I don't find I like any particular 'work out music', I just go for what is new.

kud
03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Have a curl bar that I use a few times a week. I don't listen to anything, I do a set, leave the room come back in 10 minutes and do another set. Or sometimes I just do one set and don't come back......most of the time. :lol:

Pagan
03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I go to the gym 3 times a week, sometimes 4.

As for music, it's gotta be something fast and heavy.

Roman529
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I am rehabbing my shoulder 3-4 days a week...mostly lats exercises following rotator cuff surgery....I know what Drew Brees is going through. I used to do 55 pound dumbell curls and presses on a weight bench, but I have to work my way back up to this. I do about an hour with weights (free weights and machine stuff) and about a half hour cardio, mainly light jogging on the treadmill. I like listening to 80's music, old school R&B (Gap Band, Naughty by Nature, Beastie Boys) when working out. I can't run outdoors for more than about a mile (bad ankles :boohoo: ).