PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a job!!!!!

Quelonio
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
So I finished school at NYU, and I came running back to mexico, where I spent two months fruitlessly looking for a job... But I finally got one...

I am now the assistant editor for a mexican movie called Búfalo de la noche, it is written by the same guy that wrote Amores Perros, and edited by the editor of Any Given Sunday (who is my direct boss) I just started today, I had ten hours of work and I did not finish half of what I had to do, even though I did not log on Finheaven for a second.... (Mor, Mindwarp how I envy you) I am getting paid very little money. But it is my first job, and it is doing what I love...

Anyways I am a happy man.... For now, I hope they don't fire me...

Buddwalk
03-14-2006, 01:19 AM
So I finished school at NYU, and I came running back to mexico, where I spent two months fruitlessly looking for a job... But I finally got one...

I am now the assistant editor for a mexican movie called Búfalo de la noche, it is written by the same guy that wrote Amores Perros, and edited by the editor of Any Given Sunday (who is my direct boss) I just started today, I had ten hours of work and I did not finish half of what I had to do, even though I did not log on Finheaven for a second.... (Mor, Mindwarp how I envy you) I am getting paid very little money. But it is my first job, and it is doing what I love...

Good Deal bro as long as your happy...the money doesnt matter

Unless your having to eat out of a garbage can, then i'd look for a better job :yes:

d-day
03-14-2006, 01:20 AM

congrats q - i knew how hard you've been looking - and i'm glad you got a job in your field instead of resorting to doing something unrelated... :wink:

TheAnswer385
03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKo
03-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Congrats on getting a job doing something you love. I envy you a bit as I'd love to be working in the film industry with something behind the camera. Great work! Now you can network more and get connections to make your movie!

TotoreMexico
03-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Felicidades Quelonio!!:clap:

NaboCane
03-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Que lo disfrutes al maximo. Congrats dude.

King Nate
03-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Donde esta la biblioteca? Sorry, my espanol is limited. Congrats on the job, Q!

Quelonio
03-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Thanks, I am excited but very tired, got to wake up early tomorrow.... And apparently I get to log and capture two sex scenes... (the movie appears to be very graphic about it, so I also get to see a lot of T and A.... only remember it is an art film)

In case anybody is really really curious...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0483577/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9YnVmYWxvIGRlIGxhIG5vY2hlfGZ0PTF8bXg9MjB8bG09NTAwfGNvPTF8aHRtbD0xfG5tPTE_;fc=1;ft=20

That is the imdb link to it...

Buddwalk
03-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks, I am excited but very tired, got to wake up early tomorrow.... And apparently I get to log and capture two sex scenes... (the movie appears to be very graphic about it, so I also get to see a lot of T and A.... only remember it is an art film)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0483577/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9YnVmYWxvIGRlIGxhIG5vY2hlfGZ0PTF8bXg9MjB8bG09NTAwfGNvPTF8aHRtbD0xfG5tPTE_;fc=1;ft=20

Better ship me a copy bro :tongue:

King Felix
03-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Felicidades Quelonio!!

Dubfire
03-14-2006, 09:43 PM

Felicidades!!

HysterikiLL
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
God damn Q...you know I'm incredibly jealous!!!! Sounds sweet....sounds like it could be a good movie too and I'll def. check it out.

and remember what confucius said..

if you do what you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life!!

Roman529
03-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Congrats Q!!! You gonna be the next Steven Speilberg!!! :wink: Way to go...don't worry too much about the money. As long as you like what you do that is the main thing.

t2thejz
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats! and Good luck!

FinaciousOne
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM

Hence, the low pay.

NaboCane
03-15-2006, 12:40 AM

I just hope it's not two men dude...

:sidelol:

GRAPEAPE
03-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Great news Q, this could be the kickstart you need to really get going.

Quelonio
03-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I just hope it's not two men dude...

:sidelol:

No, but apparently they have a golden shower scene, dunno if it has been shot yet... The director is trying to convince the producer to cut it out (the producer is also the writer) since they dont waqnt to scare people too much... But it is pretty graphic...

Thanks to everyone for their congrats... Hope I can hold on to it.. (I am having some avid problems)

Miamian
03-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Muchisimas Felicidades,

Que maravilloso que hallaras trabajo profesional!

Te pido que me pases un poco de tu buena fortuna porque hace ocho meses que no he hallado trabajo profesional.

BTW, with you guys calling him Q there's a double-entendre for some of us. Hmmm...does that give you more ideas Quelonio?
:lol: :assimilat

HysterikiLL
03-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Guillermo Arriaga is a great writer. He wrote 21 Grams as well as Amores Perros...which in my opinion was the best film, and screenplay of the year in 99/00, whenever that was. Also he wrote Babel which looks like it will be good.

Q, is editing the field that you want to specialize in?

Talos
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Grats Q, the pay not be the best but at least you're working doing something you love with people who are talented.

Quelonio
03-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Guillermo Arriaga is a great writer. He wrote 21 Grams as well as Amores Perros...which in my opinion was the best film, and screenplay of the year in 99/00, whenever that was. Also he wrote Babel which looks like it will be good.

Q, is editing the field that you want to specialize in?

Yup, but I am discovering that school didn't teach me enough... I am really far behind, I hope they are patient, because if they ain't I am either going to be demoted or going to loose this.... Damn I am working 10 hours or more each shift, and still go home to study avid, but I have problems with DAT tapes, and with strobing from the clips sent by the lab.... I am going crazy....

Quelonio
03-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Turns out they are not very patient... this is my last day on the job... I am hoping they agree to give me some sort of reference, see if I can get anotherone... Hope so, I learned a lot, but Ultimately missed the cut I guess.

FinFan72
03-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Congrats:cooldude:

HysterikiLL
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Turns out they are not very patient... this is my last day on the job... I am hoping they agree to give me some sort of reference, see if I can get anotherone... Hope so, I learned a lot, but Ultimately missed the cut I guess.

It's your first one man and the pace no doubt will be a lot more intense. It's like college players who step into the pros....making that adjustment is key but when they are able to do that, they become the pros.....it's only just begun for our boy Q!!

Quelonio
03-18-2006, 11:24 PM
I know, I am dissappointed though, if you ever get to watch it, I'll tell you in what scenes I worked on... I did a lot considering it has only been a week, but still not enough to keep the darn job... film is a deadly bussiness :tongue:

Skeet84
03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Great man! Congrats on the job and I hope the best for you!

Miamian
03-19-2006, 03:29 AM
A quote that a former colleague of mine kept posted on his office wall:

When the dream is big enough, the facts don't count.