PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 6 -- The Mor's SNES retro gaming RPG goodness

mor911
03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Like a lot of things in life, The Mor honestly thinks that they don't make some things like they used to... RPGs are some of those things.

Final Fantasy 6 was released as Final Fantasy 3 here in the United States. It's tied for the #1 spot in The Mor's favorite Final Fantasy games list. The Mor started playing on Sunday, and has put in 14 hours since.

*** WARNING -- FF6 SPOILERS ***

The story in this game is just great. It involves a girl named Terra who is the product of an Esper (magical creatures) and a human having a child. FF6 is divided into 2 parts. Pre and post world destruction. About half way through the game, Kefka and Emeroro Gastahl raise the floating continent and when you destroy the legendary Atma Weapon (arguably one of the most awesome bosses in FF history), the continent crashed down on the world.

Again, Epic story.

I will now have to re-find all of my friends, and go kill Kefka (he kills Gastahl on the floating continent).

Currently, the FF fan favorite is FF7. I honestly think that while FF7 has the coolest boss of all time (Sephiroth is actually the video game version of The Mor), FF6 has a stronger cast and a much better story.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

For those of you that are gonna mention FFX, please don't. The PS2 FF games (X and X2) don't even come close to the classics. Try it out, you may never put it down...

If anyone needs help aquiring the game, let me know and I will definitely try and assist you in playing this game. No true gamer (espesially an RPG fan) should go through life without playing this one.

ok, nerd rant over. :cooldude:

PeaTearGriffin
03-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I would like to play it, i loved 7, it was my first one though so i wouldn't mind playing 6...agree on sephiroth hes so bad***

Dolfan984
03-15-2006, 04:22 AM
I'm a big FF7 fan here. 6 was good though too. My buddy loved Kefka and I loved Sephiroth. He probably still thinks kefka could beat Sephs *** but I don't buy it. ;p