PDA

View Full Version : The Dave Chappelle Theory

dreday
03-14-2006, 01:17 PM
This is a crazy story as to the real reason why Dave Chappelle decided to leave his show.It might be a lil strong for this forum but its definitely worth a read.Not saying this is true but it hits on alot of points that make sense.
http://www.chappelletheory.com

ABrownLamp
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Utterly ridiculous. I clicked on a few slides within that theory, and most of the evidence I saw comes from phone calls between Dave and one other person. How in the world would this guy get that info when Dave "was too scared to tell anyone about it"

"On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

This didn't happen. Come on. And she had him on her show 2 weeks ago. Why would either party do a show together if this were true?

tucker
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
this is old and also quite stupid

bg34
03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm so sick of the whole saga myself. He is by far the funniest comedian on the planet but If he doesn't want to do the show then screw him.

spydertl79
03-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm so sick of the whole saga myself. He is by far the funniest comedian on the planet but If he doesn't want to do the show then screw him.WHOA! He is NOT as funny as George Carlin, but he is very funny indeed.

bg34
03-15-2006, 08:50 AM
^ I like Carlin too, his style is just getting a little old. Plus that bit he did on golf I didn't particularly care for, lol.