PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt

FinsOnTop
12-16-2001, 08:07 PM
Under Fiedler and Wannstedt over the past 11 months we have seen:

1. Miami shutout for the first time ever in the playoffs (@Oak 27-0)

2. Miami shutout for the first time at home in 31 years (NYJ 24-0)

3. Miami shutout twice in one season for the first time in 31 years (today 21-0)

We have a coach that is too afraid to pull a struggling QB for fear that his backup outperforms him and causes a fan backlash. What kind of logic is this?

Wannstedt should be canned and replaced with George O'Leary. St. Louis gave us a blueprint on how to shutdown SF by using extreme pressure on the QB and we sat back and let them go 98 yards in 11 minutes?

To coin a Jim Mora phrase, "That was a disgrace"! And I'm tired of this sh*t. Wannstedt is a coward.

dolfan87
12-16-2001, 08:10 PM
Ok I understand your upset, and this game was a disgrace, but blame the defense, and don't lose sight of the fact that Fiedler has brought us back to victory 5 times in the fourth quarter. Why would Dave pull Jay, when he has proven several times to lead this team back?

We had a crap game, leave it at that.

iceblizzard69
12-16-2001, 08:34 PM
If he pulled Jay, I would support the decision.

FinsOnTop
12-16-2001, 08:41 PM
I'm just stating facts here. Sometimes a backup provides a spark, a change-of-pace. Why not. Shula pulled Griese, Woodley even Marino several times in his eary career for Don Strock, and sometimes it worked.

FinHeavenAJ
12-16-2001, 08:47 PM
I disagree completly. Look, if your O-line is playing like crap your entire offense is. So, your gonna sit back and tell me that the hit Jay took when one of the O-linemen didn't cover the cornerback was his fault because he assumed that his o-line would take care of it? You're gonna sit back and tell me that he had all the time in the world to throw nice passes to Chambers, McKnight, or Gadsden?

Furthermore, you're gonna point this all on the offense. Well, sorry, but the 21 points on the board is there for a reason... the 49ers scored em on OUR defense.

Personally, this was a team loss. If anyone has the nerve to point this on a specific player, or coach, then......

Sorry, but this was a team loss. Yes, some players played below par, but the reason is simple... no o-line. You can't run, and don't have the time to pass. Look at our d-line, they were gettin pushed every which way.

Ok, I'm done... my anger is gone now...lol

FinsOnTop
12-16-2001, 08:54 PM
The coach is responsible for "Total Team" loses. He is the ultimate team leader and if he fails you get a Total Team defeat.

FinHeavenAJ
12-16-2001, 09:02 PM
I see. So, if the team isn't playing well because they are tired, or just run down from going to one coast to another, the Coach is supposed to get the team playing great. Yea, he is supposed to try his best to find the plays for his team to have the greatest chance at winning, but what more can he really do? Give the team some energy pills or something?

Phinmaster1354
12-16-2001, 09:04 PM
I agree TOTALLY with FINSONTOP!! 2 of Feidlers INT's were when he had plenty of time!Althogh the O- Line was blown off the ball! You just have to wonder where the HELL he is throwing the ball sometimes!!It's not even CHRISTMAS yet! On defense, as much as I hate to say it!! They picked on Zach, with the Backs out of the backfield and some screens! We just have to be realists and REALIZE the PHINS are a playoff team but NOT A SUPER BOWL TEAM!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!! I even question if they are a playoff team now with the annual DECEMBER collapse!!!:yell:

dolfan87
12-16-2001, 09:10 PM
Oh GAWD, we lost one game, and now it is the annual December collapse.

I don't even believe this.

I am staying off the baords until you guys blow off some steam.

FinHeavenAJ
12-16-2001, 09:14 PM
The December collapse happened against an NFC opponent. Come on guys... are we really gonna start disbelieving like this? You gotta be kidding me.

MHSCanehbk
12-16-2001, 11:27 PM
I'll say this, Fielder isnt very good, but the OLine is pathetic. Too many holes in it. Also, I agree w/ pulling your struggling QB for a back-up, like the Phins did w/ Strock forever. Also, if the OLine isnt blocking, have Ray Lucas slip through and fight for yards w/ legs by buying time outside the pocket. Fiedler is lucky to get this team to the playoffs, if the Jets get a good team, and beat the phins 2 times a yr, that's no division title for the phins my friends.

:monkey:
JAY FIEDLER

ac_lanham
12-17-2001, 12:31 AM
I don't like dumbo, never really did, never will, except for the beginning of last year. But I will be the 1st to admit, it wasn't all his fault. 98yard scoring drive, can't blame that on him. 6 sacks weren't his fault, he didn't just up and run into the f***in guys, and I'd say at least 2, and maybe all the picks weren't his fault. Our O line stinks, almost every position is gonna stink when your best players get hurt and the backups for that position don't step up. Only time they aren't gonna suck is when the backup just steps up big time, like Kurt Warner and Tom Brady. Obviously our guys aren't trying to keep their starting jobs for next year. It's bound to happen sooner or later. I hate Jay but you guys are wrong for bashing him, they all were outta sync today. Can't put him at fault for someone else's f***ups can we?

Oh and if u guys are gonna piss on someone, piss on the O-Line and whoever called the retarded @$$ plays.

dolfan87
12-17-2001, 12:34 AM
Holy crap someone speaks reason...I can go to bed now.

dolfan06
12-17-2001, 12:51 AM
if something ain't broke, you don't fix it. but when something ain't working you better do something. running the same plays with the same guys is not going to cut it! :(

Jaydog57
12-17-2001, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
if something ain't broke, you don't fix it. but when something ain't working you better do something. running the same plays with the same guys is not going to cut it! :(

Dude, that statement is too mechanical for me. Too much "fixing" and "working" and "running" and "cutting". Where's my tool chest and chilton's manual?

MHSCanehbk
12-17-2001, 02:09 AM
we win when gailey opens it up, lose when the keep it simple. We needed to bring in Lucas, and start changing things. and about no Oline... Gino Toretta suceeded w/o an Oline in 92 for the canes, and i'm sure other NFL QB's have as well. He had a 245 lbs TE playing tackle for him and still won the heisman. if fiedler had 1/2 of gino's arm and balls, he'd be worth the 10cents he makes. he and lucas flat out WONT win us any games vs big time opponents. dump them and move on, especially lucas if you're not goin to use him at what he's good at. w/ no oline, use your QB w/ legs who hasnt thrown INTs

Dajesus
12-17-2001, 03:15 AM
I'm just blowing off some steam, and I don't think this will start a collapse, but can we just agree the play calling wasn't up to par today(either was any postion of the field, but i covered them in other posts). I really thik this is the least creative offense in the league. I know there are a lot of new guys in the system, and many back ups on the o-line, but this is getting rediculous. I have seen maybee 7 different running plays all year. 4 today. Then the passing game, maybee 6 different plays. Another thing that bother me about the play calling is, no adjutment to what the d is doing. I'm no Lomabardi, but I know if a team is getting a lot of preasure on the qb, you have to call some play to keep them honest. Example a couple of qb draws would have picked up some yards on play the 49ers didn't blitz, it also would keep the d-line looking for the draw. Example 2 a delayed screen pass the the rb chiped an d-line and then moved outside the tackles, would have destroyed the blitzing d. The last thing that I have to draw attention to again was the fing option play. I would have loved to see them try that last week when we were ahead, or maybee even in the first half of a game that we weren't getting smoked, but to run that play in thoose circumstance was horrible. That game was over when Lamar got tackled on that play. It just really looks like our offense play calling is similar to the teams I saw in the d 3 championship game last night, and no where near nfl calliber.

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 10:12 AM
If you cannot stop the run and you cannot run the ball, you will lose every game. Add to that being dominated on both lines of scrimmage and turning the ball over :eek: You knew we were going to miss Daryl ag. some teams. SF is just a better team than us right now in their own stadium. If we win out, this loss with easily forgotten.

Beat the Pats

dolfan06
12-17-2001, 11:04 AM
I disagree completly

you can disagree all you want, but even marino was pulled for strock occaisionally and it worked, we'll never know know. i have never believed that putting in a backup QB for one play or even one series was any good. the backup needs to get the feel of the game! :p

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 12:34 PM
you're right - we need to sign Kitna next year - that will solve all our problems...:goof: :rolleyes: ;) :goof:

dolfan06
12-17-2001, 02:15 PM
let meask you a question, i didn't see the monday night game, i was working.
when the fins were up 34-6 in the 4th, didwannstedt put in Lucas. i know he didn't in the 24-0 and 21-0 losses. MY POINT IS, WHY EVEN HAVE A BACKUP ON THE PAYROLL IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA USE HIM. we don't even know if we should draft another QB or not, we don't know what we HAVE! :fire: :fire: :fire: :yell: :yell: :yell:

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 02:18 PM
that's cool - we should have put in Lucas ag. the Jets and Colts and maybe ag. the 9ers, but Wanne is just too afraid of a QB contreversy. :(

FinsOnTop
12-17-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
that's cool - we should have put in Lucas ag. the Jets and Colts and maybe ag. the 9ers, but Wanne is just too afraid of a QB contreversy. :(

And that makes him gutless IMO and we need a head coach that's not gutless. Right?

caveman6666
12-17-2001, 02:22 PM
Face it. Fiedler is a pretender. He's got no business being an NFL QB. I'd be the 1st to admit that the 49er defense is less than stellar, but yesterday, they looked like the '85 Bears.

49ers Rule!!!

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 02:23 PM
I would not fire a head coach for deciding or not deciding whether to put a backup in during mop up / get mopped up time.

ac_lanham
12-17-2001, 04:30 PM
You're right, this has got to be the most boring offense in the NFL, back when Dan was playing I saw him do flea flickers and stuff, why aren't we doing that now? We should also try some HB toss and pass plays and stuff, only other plays I saw us do besides the basics was do end arounds...WOWWWWWWWWW...All we gotta do is look at some film of the Rams, and some of the plays they do...remember that play they did on us when they faked to their RB and handed off to the TE coming around the right side? We should at least TRY to do stuff like that.

dolfan87
12-17-2001, 04:42 PM
I don't know if Wannstedt is afraid of a QB controversy or not, I just think that this is Jay's team, and why pull the QB when your defense isn't stopping anyone?

Why are we STILL talking about Jay? If we weren't down by 21 points, then maybe he wouldn't have had to force balls into places to try to win the game. The defense didn't allow us to even get the offense on the field, and when we did, we were down by so many points it was all on Fiedlers back. Then the O line didn't do anything to help matters at all.

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 04:46 PM
Why are we STILL talking about Jay? everyone wants to know why he was not pulled when we were down 21-0 ;)

Couldn't be because he led us to 5 comeback victories :rolleyes: though if his elbow is/was hurting, then I suppose why not throw Lucas in there - worst case we score 3x and win. :eek:

Dajesus
12-17-2001, 04:51 PM
Why does the Fedler debate end up in every thrread? It is pointless, because our whole team sucked yesterday. Jay sucked Dave sucked Chan sucked the D sucked Turk sucked, o-line sucked. It is just moronic to keep having this debate, because their is no debate no coach in the nfl will yank the qb from a 9-4 team w/only 3 games left to play. After the season I am looking forward to the debates that will go on w/our qb, but now it is just silly. Not any player in the league could have made a difference yesterday when the whole team just quit.

dolfan06
12-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Why are we STILL talking about Jay? If we weren't down by 21 points, then maybe he wouldn't have had to force balls into places to try to win the game. The defense didn't allow us to even get the offense on the field, and when we did, we were down by so many points it was all on Fiedlers back. Then the O line didn't do anything to help matters at all.

we were at 0-0 when fiedler overthrew and had the first pick. i don't even want to hear that garbage about forcing that ball into places!:mad:

dolphan39
12-17-2001, 04:56 PM
the minute this team cannot rely on it D, the game is over. The O has lost games that the D played well, but they will never win a game that the D played horribly. We do not have the O line to do that nor the RBs nor the QBs.

dolfan06
12-17-2001, 05:10 PM
it will take, if it hasn't already, before the D decides, they aren't gonna try to fix it , so why bother!:yell:

Dolfan4life
12-18-2001, 02:32 AM
I'll give Ray Lucas credit for one thing. He can run the option about as successful as Dan Marino. Hey everybody is case you have not figured it out yet when Lucas enters the game it is going to be some ridiculous running play buried in the archives of Chan's playbook for one reason. The reason it is at the bottom of the playbook is because the play is terrible, because it sucks, because it does not belong in the NFL, or some other reason. Jay was starting to drive us and they bring in Lucas and he ran the poorest option known to mankind. If we bench Jay then we are stupid. If you think Jay is not better than some NY Jets reject than you are smokin something. Marino could not have done any better. Jay got sacked 6 or 7 times. That is an entire year of sacks for Marino. Sometimes he makes bad throws but two of the INT's were when they were down 21-0. Nothing else was working so you try to force things.

Don't forget the strength of out team is in the Defense. They did not pull their weight.

Go Jay, I like him and so should you

dolfan06
12-18-2001, 04:27 AM
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

QuebecFinsFan
12-18-2001, 05:19 PM
you're right, the strenght of the team is Defence.......but with the offense making 3 and out constantly, the niners had the ball an awful lot of time....

and i noticed something about our D....when the other team 1st possession results on a 3 and out and our 1st possission result on an INT, we get beaten very easily!!! It may be coincidence but take a look at that....

Playoffs-Miami vs Jacksonville 62-7
Marino's INT in the 1st quarter

Playoffs-Miami vs Oakland 27-0(something like that...)
Raiders O = 3 and out followed by a Fiedler's INT

Miami vs 49ers 21-0
49ers O = 3 and out followed by a Fiedler INT

Miami vs NYJ 24-0
NYJ punts followed by a Fiedler INT return for a TD

........it's always like that, when the D has the momentum, Fiedler makes a mistake right after... The St-Louis game was lost when Fiedler lost the ball at their goaline too!!!:yell: Our D were adjusting forcing 2 St-Louis punts then the fumble!!!

QuebecFinsFan
12-18-2001, 05:21 PM
sucks a little bit....:rolleyes:

dolfan06
12-18-2001, 05:27 PM
your english is pretty good. we, including me, have so many typos i coudn't tell! :D