PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

FinFan84
03-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Why are alot of anti-culpepper threads getting moved to spam Do we have to blindly agree with everything Saban has done? I think Saban did everything right up until this wanny like move.

SkapePhin
03-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Drink the Kool-Aid! Eat the SPAM!

JCfinfan
03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Why are alot of anti-culpepper threads getting moved to spam Do we have to blindly agree with everything Saban has done? I think Saban did everything right up until this wanny like move.

OK, explain how this is a wanny move. Please!

Commie_000
03-14-2006, 11:52 PM

where did you get that sig???

FemaleFinFan
03-14-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't agree with your wanny analogy, but I do think the mods have gone a little overboard the last few months.

FinFan84
03-14-2006, 11:53 PM
OK, explain how this is a wanny move. Please!
Giving away draft picks for a player of questionble heart, injuries, and servere turnover problems

fin-atic
03-14-2006, 11:54 PM
My guess is it is getting moved because instead of just commenting on any of the existing threads, people just keep starting new ones. It does become rather Spam like.
Considering Wanny's contrinution at QB was Fiedler who couldn't go to the Pro Bowl as a fan, this is a far superior move. Look Daunte had one bad year. Considering how suck the Vikes were, it is not suprising. It is a low risk move. And better than Ferotte.

AtticusFinz
03-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Wanny move?

Culpepper is NO Feeley if your refering to trading a 2nd round pick...

fitskin
Giving away draft picks for a player of questionble heart, injuries, and servere turnover problems

Ok, because Frerotte was a better option, or was Manning availabe for one of our 7ths. Are you seriously complaining about a 3 time pro bowler coming to Miami for a second rounder? Do remember our second rounder from last year, Matt Roth. Seriously, this day has been awesome. Great move Saban, go Dolphins.

SkapePhin
where did you get that sig???

I made it.

fin-atic
03-14-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't agree with your wanny analogy, but I do think the mods have gone a little overboard the last few months.
How have the mods gone overboard? I think they have done an amazing job of keeping the site efficient and free of the crap that clogs up other fan sites. That is why this site is exploding is because people dont have to get bogged down in 100 different threads whining about the same thing. It keeps it real.

No easy task I assure you.

JCfinfan
03-14-2006, 11:58 PM

So should we have given 8-10 million for Brees with his injury? Do you think maybe our doctors found something they were concerned about with brees. Wanny gave a 2nd for Feeley. There is no comparison between DC and Feeley. We have a Pro bowl Qb vs. a bench warmer. Not sure where you get the questionable heart. I have to give you agree with you about the turnovers but I still think this was a great deal for us.

Ryan1973
03-14-2006, 11:58 PM
This isn't even close to a Wanny move. A Wanny move was getting a 3rd string scrub for QB and giving up a high draft pick to do it. Get a clue dude. Go root for another team if you don't like it.

Ronnie Bass
03-14-2006, 11:59 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=130336

CitizenSnips
03-14-2006, 11:59 PM
they're spam because they are pointless.

Phin_Phan
03-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Culpepper is ours now! complain all u want about the move.......but I LOVE IT!!

Phin_Phan
03-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Culpepper is ours now! complain all u want about the move.......but I LOVE IT!!

fin-atic
03-15-2006, 12:02 AM

Questionable heart? Is saw this guy carry the crap Vikings on is back way further than they had talent for. Injuries can happen.
Turnovers are realtive to his supporting cast this year.

FYI: Brees: Non factor for several years until the last two years. Shows bad character criticizes the team and owner he played for.

Brees: Major injury, much more critical than Culpeppers.

And on top of that he is a HECK of a lot cheaper allowing us to sign other needs.

Considering all the options, I think it was a solid move.

Geforce
03-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Questionable heart? Now you're just making this crap up.

LtDan
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Why are alot of anti-culpepper threads getting moved to spam Do we have to blindly agree with everything Saban has done? I think Saban did everything right up until this wanny like move.Because all you Einsteins feel the need to start new threads instead of posting in existing ones like it is meant to be done. MODS gotta be hating today!

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
:spamattac

RichmondWeb
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Daunte missed Linehan last year, as well. He will have all of the coaching he needs now. Huge upgrade in Saban over Tice, twice as many position coaches, plus an up-and-coming young offense with lots of weapons. This was destiny.

RW

CD13
03-15-2006, 12:24 AM

A wanny move ? I couldn't disagree more. This is a top 5 QB...period. He completes almost 65% of his passes in his career at 7.5 yards a completion with a career 91.4 QB rating. He is coming into the system he excels at, and his injury is one that he will recover from.

Superself
03-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Questionable heart? Is saw this guy carry the crap Vikings on is back way further than they had talent for. Injuries can happen.
Turnovers are realtive to his supporting cast this year.

FYI: Brees: Non factor for several years until the last two years. Shows bad character criticizes the team and owner he played for.

Brees: Major injury, much more critical than Culpeppers.

And on top of that he is a HECK of a lot cheaper allowing us to sign other needs.

Considering all the options, I think it was a solid move.

I think this was the biggest trade Miami has ever made. More than solid. We are now back in the hunt! The scale in the AFC East has tipped in our favor big time!

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 12:31 AM

Sweet sig. dawg!!!

fish9954
03-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Guys Guys Guys As long as we give DC time to throw the ball how can we not succeed. This is the best QB we have had since Marino ( GOD BLESS ).

Remember who our COACH is we have to give him Faith we will be just fine and I hope you guys realize DC was great when he had time and open recievers and we know he'll have open WR

I think this is a 80 yard Td bomb for us LET"S RIDE IT OUT

Dolphins AFC EAST champions 2006

nopony
03-15-2006, 12:37 AM

Why isn't anyone who feels like this over refuting Fineas' amazing post?

alan huber
03-15-2006, 12:39 AM

:sidelol: :fire: WRONG!!!

RIGHT MOVE:dolphins: CULPEPER

etsudolfan
03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=JCfinfan]OK, explain how this is a wanny move. Please![/QUOTE
wanny move?! come on...you'll be eating those words next season...you might as well be an Eagles fan and whine and cry with McNabb! I'm personally excited to have Culpepper....I think he will be just fine

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 12:42 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9308043/2

:dolphins:

nopony
03-15-2006, 12:44 AM

Put it this way:

If I ever start a thread called "wtf" to rant about any perceived injustice on an internet message board... I'm pretty sure I would deserve whatever I got. Being labeled spam is really about the best some of these threads can hope for.

there are anti-daunte threads on the first page... so if they are going for conformity, they are pretty bad at it.

Delphis
03-15-2006, 12:46 AM
I think Daunte just lost focus in Minny....I mean...it's like breaking up with your girlfriend yet you still live with her.

I think he needed a fresh start and this career move literally will be a breath of fresh air for him. i expect him to be very focused, very prepared and very healthy.

TarHeelFinFan
03-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Dude, calm down, it's because there are a ton of threads already. I don't like the trade either, but Finheaven's not censoring dissent, they're trying to not have their board clogged with a single topic. In some cases I think they move things a little too quickly, but in this case I can see why they would need to.

Also, again, I disagree with the trade, but this was not quite a Wanny move (though wussing out of paying Brees could be considered one). A Wanny move would have been trading our whole draft for Culpepper or trading a first and something else for Ramsey. Culpepper's certainly an improvement at QB and at a fairly reasonable price, I just question whether or not he's enough of an improvement considering how he played last year before destroying his entire knee of his plant leg.

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 12:47 AM
This is definitely a Wannstedt type move.

You guys are a bunch of homers really. Why did we give up anything for Daunte Culpepper? He was going to get cut regardless by March 24. A 2nd rounder? Wow. Daunte could have signed with us as a free agent with a contract that fits his situation. Now we are stuck with an overpaid QB, and we don't even know if his best days are behind him.

Definitely a Wannstedt type move.

Also, I am tired of grabbing Minnesota QB's. Each QB we grab from Minnesota has sucked. Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerrote, and now Daunte Culpepper. I swear, this is a fricken curse.

SECfootball
03-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Dude, calm down, it's because there are a ton of threads already. I don't like the trade either, but Finheaven's not censoring dissent, they're trying to not have their board clogged with a single topic. In some cases I think they move things a little too quickly, but in this case I can see why they would need to.

Also, again, I disagree with the trade, but this was not quite a Wanny move (though wussing out of paying Brees could be considered one). A Wanny move would have been trading our whole draft for Culpepper or trading a first and something else for Ramsey. Culpepper's certainly an improvement at QB and at a fairly reasonable price, I just question whether or not he's enough of an improvement considering how he played last year before destroying his entire knee of his plant leg.

We didn't "wuss out" of giving Brees the $10 million he wanted a year. We're actually quite lucky Saban isn't stupid enough to overpay for a QB with a bum shoulder.

You guys are a bunch of homers really. Why did we give up anything for Daunte Culpepper? He was going to get cut regardless by March 24. A 2nd rounder? Wow. Daunte could have signed with us as a free agent with a contract that fits his situation. Now we are stuck with an overpaid QB, and we don't even know if his best days are behind him.

Also, I am tired of grabbing Minnesota QB's. Each QB we grab from Minnesota has sucked. Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerrote, and now Daunte Culpepper. I swear, this is a fricken curse.

We could have taken the initiative and traded for Culpepper or pass on both Brees & Culpepper, watch the Raiders trade for C-Pep, and enter the season with Frerotte, McCown, or a draft pick under center. If Daunte Culpepper was in the second round of the draft this year and he fell to 51, would you not take him?

Fiedler was with Minnesota for what, 7 games? Frerottes the only other QB we've gotten from the Vikings. What is exactly is this "curse" you're talking about?

Saban is no Wannstedt, and you're a fool to think otherwise.

smope
03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
man o man we are going to be good.

dolfan72734me
03-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Injuries?, yeah. Turnover problem?, maybe. Heart, no way. That is one thing about him I do not question.

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 12:52 AM

:spamkill: Would you guys stop hating already. Had one of the best season by any QB period 2 years ago!!!!!!! We have plenty of weapons and a great staff. Give the guy a frickin chance.
Man this is pissing me off:fire:

TarHeelFinFan
03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
:spamkill: Would you guys stop hating already. Had one of the best season by any QB period 2 years ago!!!!!!! We have plenty of weapons and a great staff. Give the guy a frickin chance.
Man this is pissing me off:fire: And Dan Marino had the greatest season ever by a QB 22 years ago. Maybe we should suit him up.

smope
03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
dude where can i get a sig like that.

DOLFANMIKE
03-15-2006, 12:55 AM
I think you should start your own messge board. Maybe you could name it the "I know more than Saban" board.

Superself

Yeah, cut and then we have to bid for his services with other teams! Now we have him for 2 mil this season!
A second rounder for a franchise multiple pro bowl QB and you are here complaining?!?! :shakeno:

Now I know why the thread title is WTF!!

Vertical Limit
Man this is pissing me off:fire:
Oh wow, 2 years ago. That doesn't tell me anything. Just that he was good 2 years ago, but sucked it in the first 7 games last season by having 5 times more INT's than TD's.

Southmaniac
03-15-2006, 12:56 AM
First time in years that a proven QB comes to Miami and you haters come with a lot of bull S. Do you guys prefer Fiedler, maybe pass the spot to Lucas, no!, even better...where's A.J?. Come on...and speaking about a wanny type deal, in my opnion it's pretty far from that cause a knee injury is far less more important for a QB than a double shoulder injury.

PhinBeck
03-15-2006, 12:56 AM
My guess is it is getting moved because instead of just commenting on any of the existing threads, people just keep starting new ones. It does become rather Spam like.
Considering Wanny's contrinution at QB was Fiedler who couldn't go to the Pro Bowl as a fan, this is a far superior move. Look Daunte had one bad year. Considering how suck the Vikes were, it is not suprising. It is a low risk move. And better than Ferotte.

I agree, I wanted Brees mostly becuase he didnt cost a pick. And the fact Min wouldnt let the Drs look at him had me concerned that they knew something they were trying to hide. In the end they might, but we can nix if fails physical. It would have been nice to know before we passed on Brees, but from all I read, it appears that Saban AFTER reviewing the medical info and doing the tests had concerns about Brees and wasnt giving him that guarenteed money. I dont some of things Daunte did, but after the statements he made, it appears it was all motivated to get out of MInn, maybe could have handled it more prof, but then maybe they dont trade him for a second. If you look at his whole body of work, he is a great value for a 2nd if healthy.

Saban has shown he knows what he is doing, he showed that in the Brees negotiations, not letting his desire for a player interfere with doing whats best for the team, by not allowing the player to dictate terms. I have said all along that Brees was my first choice, but we needed to get an upgrade, a real upgrade at qb and we did just that. I understand there are concerns with Daunte, but the outright hostility has me confused, at worst he is still better than Gus or AJ.

SECfootball
03-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Oh wow, 2 years ago. That doesn't tell me anything. Just that he was good 2 years ago, but sucked it in the first 7 games last season by having 5 times more INT's than TD's.

6 TDs 12 INTs

I'm not getting your math

calphin

#1 Minn would not have cut him.they have plenty of cap space.
#2 Pep said if he was NOT traded,he would honor his contract.
#3 if he had been cut,we would have gotten into a bidding war for his services with the Raiders and a few other clubs as well.

TarHeelFinFan
Yeah, cut and then we have to bid for his services with other teams! Now we have him for 2 mil this season!
A second rounder for a franchise multiple pro bowl QB and you are here complaining?!?! :shakeno:

Now I know why the thread title is WTF!! We do not have him for two mil this season, his cap figure for this year will likely be just over 8 mil, as we must pay him a roster bonus at the end of this month to the tune of $6 mil.

nopony
03-15-2006, 12:59 AM

Because he wasn't going to make it to free agency. The Raiders would have traded for him. You really think Saban is stupid enough to give up a pic he didn't have to to get his man?

And... overpaid? His contract is extremely team friendly. Sure, we're stuck for the bonus this year and it is STILL less than Brees is getting. And next year he's at five or so, and then six the following year. For a probowl quarterback? That's a great deal.

smope
dolphins are the best

TarHeelFinFan
6 TDs 12 INTs

I'm not getting your math Ok, so that guy exaggerated, but Culpepper's numbers last year were worse than say, Jay Fiedler's when he was here.

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 01:01 AM

Now I know why the thread title is WTF!!
No team wanted to trade for him anyways, and he truely wanted to come to Miami, so the bidding war wouldn't have lasted. Every team who did wanted to trade with him were pretty hesitant about it. I bet if he didn't have an injury history, anyone would have gaven up the 2nd rounder or even a 1st without blinking.

His situation is different. We are talking about a guy who hasn't played average football since 2004, so we really don't know what we are going to get from that guy. But I can guarantee you, we won't be getting the "39 TD's a season" type of game.

I would rather have Matt Schaub. Matt Schaub should have been our 1st or 2nd choice.

nopony
6 TDs 12 INTs

It's new math.

Seriously, if you guys really believe this stuff, go refute Fineas.

twohype

Look at this post http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=130524

Pep looks good to me :dolphins: , hey you can always be a Bills fan:shakeno:. Nope forget I said that - since that's just plain mean

smope
03-15-2006, 01:02 AM
looks good to me too a

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 01:03 AM
6 TDs 12 INTs

LOL @ YOU TRYING TO DEFEND HIM WITH THOSE HORRID NUMBERS.

nopony
03-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Ok, so that guy exaggerated, but Culpepper's numbers last year were worse than say, Jay Fiedler's when he was here.

Last year was an aberration. Why do you care so much about 6 games instead of all the years before it?

And really, even last year, it was his first two games taht were the worst. Take those away and he had 6 tds and 4 ints.

Why can't any of this go on Tice? Why can't a guy have a couple bad games?

Marino did.

Manning has.

Brady has.

Brees certainly has.

I mean, which quarterback is it that you want? Where is the pinnacle of perfection that never had a few bad games?

nopony
03-15-2006, 01:07 AM

Um... lol(?) at you for being flat wrong and then laughing at someone else.

:shakeno:

CHRISCANEQB726
03-15-2006, 01:08 AM
wanny got feely not a top qb

so yea

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 01:10 AM
And Dan Marino had the greatest season ever by a QB 22 years ago. Maybe we should suit him up.

What are you talking about:shakeno:? last year he had a bad year, big deal, he has had 3-25 plus Td season in 6 years. What kind of sarcasm is that Marino 22 years ago? Real Funny!!:eek:

CHRISCANEQB726
03-15-2006, 01:10 AM
with no wr u cant throw to no1

also he forced some bad throws but no ones perfect a preftect qb will throw 70 percent of passes or 75- 50 td 5 int

thats perfect

SECfootball
03-15-2006, 01:12 AM

39 TDs
11 INTs

"LOL @" you trying to speak badly of this guy with those spectacular numbers

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 01:16 AM
39 TDs
11 INTs

"LOL @" you trying to speak badly of this guy with those spectacular numbers
LOL @ YOU TRYING TO DEFEND CULPEPPER BY USING STATS HE PUT UP 2 SEASONS AGO.

How about these stats?

NFL 2005 SEASON:

Gus Frerotte's first 7 games:
8 TD's/8 INT's - 1409 passing yards

Daunte Culpepper first 7 games:
6 TD's/12 INT's - 1564 passing yards.

Just proves my "will he ever be the same" question again.

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Are you just going from post to post putting these numbers up?

SECfootball
03-15-2006, 01:20 AM
LOL @ YOU TRYING TO DEFEND CULPEPPER BY USING STATS HE PUT UP 2 SEASONS AGO.

How about these stats?

NFL 2005 SEASON:

Gus Frerotte's first 7 games:
8 TD's/8 INT's - 1409 passing yards

Daunte Culpepper first 7 games:
6 TD's/12 INT's - 1564 passing yards.

Just proves my "will he ever be the same" question again.

Seven games with a new offensive coordinator, new (and not-so-talented) recievers, and an offensive line that gave him NO time in the pocket is worth throwing out his entire career for? You simply can't ignore the monstrous numbers he put up only two years ago.

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Seven games with a new offensive coordinator, new (and not-so-talented) recievers, and an offensive line that gave him NO time in the pocket is worth throwing out his entire career for? You simply can't ignore the monstrous numbers he put up only two years ago.
Ok, and Gus Frerrote is a backup QB and he put up those numbers, and he wasn't a full time starter since the 90's.

What you're telling me is saying nothing really. People got to stop making excuses for the guy. Daunte Culpepper is basically getting a second chance here in Miami, to prove that he can be his old self again.

But if he doesn't put up those 2004 stats you people keep bragging about in 2006, he will become the biggest bust in Dolphins History since David Boston and Eric Green.

I as a Dolphin fan, am hoping he can be in his old form again, but I have great doubt that he will ever be the same. The guy is consistently injured.

finsfanrm
03-15-2006, 01:30 AM
before this year, he missed a total of 5 games in 5 years..
If he gets hurt than s*** happens. It can happen to anyone.

Wildbill3
03-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Why are alot of anti-culpepper threads getting moved to spam Do we have to blindly agree with everything Saban has done? I think Saban did everything right up until this wanny like move.Thanks for contributing to the problem. :rolleyes2

jason_taylor
03-15-2006, 01:54 AM
No team wanted to trade for him anyways, and he truely wanted to come to Miami, so the bidding war wouldn't have lasted. Every team who did wanted to trade with him were pretty hesitant about it. I bet if he didn't have an injury history, anyone would have gaven up the 2nd rounder or even a 1st without blinking.

His situation is different. We are talking about a guy who hasn't played average football since 2004, so we really don't know what we are going to get from that guy. But I can guarantee you, we won't be getting the "39 TD's a season" type of game.

I would rather have Matt Schaub. Matt Schaub should have been our 1st or 2nd choice.

thats what i was thinking matt schaub is a #1 QB he could start anywhere in the NFL IMO matt schaub is a more auccurate in passing than vick and is pretty moble and is only getting 1.8 mil a year but i garentee u this much matt schuab WILL be a starter next year and will be one of the top notch QB in the NFL so if culpepper dont pass his physical than i would jump in with both feet for schuab cause he will be realley special in this league put it this way i wouldnt trade schuab for vick from what i have seen from him :evil: :dolphins: :dolphins: