PDA

View Full Version : ***All about X3***

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Since the 1st trailer has been released I've been searching for all sorts of X3 goodies. This is the thread to post your thoughts, spoilers, rumors, etc...

We'll, at first I read that the script was a rush job and Ratner would screw the movie. Two things have changed my mind.

#1. http://www.thexverse.com/community/showthread.php?t=8 This place is Xverse, and one of the writers (click the link) is 1/2 of the writing team. The other Writer Zak Penn also has his own thread (Penn wrote the script for #2, but it was slightly revised and he did not get the writing credit, but he knows X-men so I'm not worried), but Simon responds quicker and usually has better explanations. He does *not give spoilers* away however. Very interesting stuff. Also, Simon Kinberg and Penn are HUGE X-men fans. They've studied Singers first two films, and have promised to keep the same tone of the other movies. Not only that, but they're making it more badass.

#2. The cast loved Brett Ratner. In an interview about him, most of the cast said he gets a bad rap. He's a sociallite, drives nice cars, bangs hot chicks, etc... So people usually associate him with idiots like Hilton. However, he takes movies very serious, and Ian McKellen (I believe) commented that his person life and his professional life do not cross paths, and he is all business as well as being a student of directing. Also, Ratner loves the X-men, so that's a plus. Red Dragon was good, and people like Prison Break as well (some of his newest stuff).

After reading interviews, I'm very pleased with the writers (Kinberg in particular, he seems like a cool guy).

Here are some interviews.

Vinnie Jones (Juggernaut):
http://www.iesb.net/dreamworks2006/031406.php
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1526112/03142006/story.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler
http://actionadventure.about.com/od/xmenseries/p/031406jones.htm

VJ: He (Magneto) breaks me out and says were going to war with the X-Men do you wanna come and I'm like yeah, I got nothing else to do today, lets do it. I become like his main gladiator, he has everyone, and he has Pyro and everybody doing their stuff. But Magneto knows when it gets really tough he sends Juggie in.

Juggernaut Will Be in X-Men 4 and X-Men 5 Too, says Vinnie Jones: “I’ve signed for three, four and five. That was in the deal.” And Vinnie Jones is game for more. “Hopefully, yeah. I want a bigger house.” Is he not perfect for Juggs? Care free and a badass. He also says that he and Wolverine go at it... Sounds awesome.

Brett Ratner:
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1169530_1_0_,00.html

Is it true that you were offered the first X-Men?
I was interested in it. I thought Bryan [Singer, director of the first two X-Men films] did a brilliant job of interpreting the comic. People take it for granted. There are things in comics that you have to interpret and visualize for the big screen. Dark Phoenix, for instance, is blowing up planets and galaxies. How do you show her power visually in the film medium? Bryan did a brilliant job of interpreting what existed in the comics, taking all that information and really doing a great visual interpretation of the movie.

How much influence for this film did you take from the fans or fansites?
I'll tell you this: The writers of this movie [Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg] are the biggest X-Men geeks on Earth. I did a test. I said, ''I wanna see a reference for every single scene in this movie.'' I didn't know that they had referenced the comics. I thought that some of the stuff was made up. There are thousands of X-Men comics, but I guarantee you a true X-Men geek can pull something from a comic or even a reference — it doesn't even have to be an entire scene — but it was clear that every single scene was coming from the comic book. These guys know. If I say, ''What was in comic #134?'', these guys can tell you. That's how fanatical they are.
Aaron Stanford (Pyro):
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3942

"He's become Magneto's right hand man in this movie (http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3942#) and in X2 (http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3942#) he's very ambivalent. He's not sure where his allegiance lies. He's friends with Professor X but he also has this urge to spread his wings and find his power with the brotherhood. In X3 he's definitely off the fence. He's decided where he wants to go. He's with the brotherhood and he really is allowed to fully explore his power in this. He's off the leash."
Ratner, Berry, Jackman, McKellen (Storm, Wolverine, Magneto):
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3863

Q: Can you pinpoint a specific element that you put your personal stamp on once you came aboard?

Ratner: Yeah. Like I said, it's been very important for me to stick to the tone that Bryan (Singer) and the actors created. My input really has been just trying to make a more emotional film. A film with more heart and more pathos. I wanted to try and tell a story and act if this is a trilogy and the third in the series. Go in there and not reinvent it, not make it a Brett Ratner film, but stay with the formula that's worked in the past and add more heart. I'm a very emotional guy and I like emotion and I like feeling something in the movie. The audiences care about these characters so much and it was very important to me to stay true to who they were and not try and reinvent it.

Q: For each of you, how have your characters changed between X-Men 2 to X-Men 3? As far as powers, personality?

Berry: Storm has one now [laughs]. The movie for me is still very much an ensemble; that's one of the things I really love about working on X-Men. But this time my character of Storm, not that she's there any more than she ever was, but when she's there she's saying something, she has a definite point of view and that's been really wonderful for me. I know that Brett was really instrumental in making that happen. He always wondered, 'Well what the heck is Storm doing'? He's really been a supporter of just finding a voice for the character. I think I've struggled with that over the years, (Storm is) very much a part of it but not really sure myself what voice Storm was taking from the comic books because it didn't always materialize in the script for me. This time it does.

McKellen: Probably people are thinking, 'Oh I see what happens with these'…well, I'm not going to use that dreaded F word you used. These are films. To call it a 'franchise' as if we're in the business of just making money, I think it's an insult to everybody involved, including the audience. We're telling a very important story, and because we're telling it with the same characters three times over just means that the story is worth telling three times over to be truthful. If you're looking for a totally different view of X-Men, it will be perfectly possible. Our view of X-Men is quite other than the style of comics and the television spin-off. But it would be possible that Brett would be going way down off the Singer path and I've been very impressed that you decided that you absolutely didn't want to do that because you loved so much what Bryan had done. It's a script that we all agree is superior from the start out, to the previous two, and it has a very intriguing hook that gets you involved immediately and emotionally with the characters. But we have the advantage of being the third time around and not having to introduce everyone. No wonder Storm didn't have much to do with it; there were twenty people all fighting to get on the screen somehow. I think things have relaxed a little bit and that's a little more indulgent. Magneto has a bit more to say than he did in the last movie.
There's more from that interview (really interesting stuff too). I'm excited... I'll try and keep posting updates. However, if you have a question, I would go to the link above (Xverse; Kinberg Q and A). He takes time out to answer questions, and theres 39 pages of good ones. Check it out.

Here's some stuff from the set of X3.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3861
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3862
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3866
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3864
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3867

Rumors and Spoilers. (C=confirmed)

* Cyclops dies early in the film. This was a rumor because of AICN.com's fake script report. Although the writers have kept hush about his character, most indications are that he lives.

* Iceman Ices up in this one. Sounds cool...

* (C) Mystique has a heart breaking scene in the film.

* (C) Pheonix is a powerhouse

* (C) We see Young Charles and Young Magneto. Rumor has it, they'll be Nazi hunters in one part, and the confirmed other half is they meet young Jean Grey.

* (C) No Gambit. Just not enough room for him, and the writers didn't feel a cameo would do him justice. However, they said if there's an X4 he's in, no question (they also want Emma Frost too).

*Trask is being played by Bill Duke. Trask is the man who creats the Sentinels. Are they in this movie? The short answer is yes! We'll, that's based on Wizard Magazines Brett Ratner interview, Trask, and the fact that the Sentinels were a HUGE plot point in #2, but they didn't have the budget for them.

Zak, regarding X2, can you tell us how it was planned to bring Sentinels into the storyline? We've seen the design concept, we know there wasn't the budget to animate them, but how would they have been brought into the story? Was the storyline very different at the time they were mooted? Can you tell us what the general storyline of X2 was when Sentinels were included?

* The storyline was the same, except for the fact that instead of soldiers storming the house, it was prototype sentinels (their first mission.) The third act was in the same location, but Stryker was stealing Cerebro to download the list of all mutants into the Sentinels. (There was no cerebro-weapon thingy) One scene I was particularly into that got cut was, after Stryker activated the Sentinels, their program decided that the only way to really stop the mutant threat was for them to kill all mutants AND all carriers of the mutant gene. Stryker got stuck in a room with one of his own creations, it scanned him and then (because his son was a mutant) killed him.

The finale had Jean pushing the X-Men out and sealing herself in the base and then destorying all ten thousand sentinels in the base in a fiery Phoenix explosion.

Obviously, once they decided to cut the Sentinels, all that had to go.

So... Let's talk X3.

Majpain
03-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I wan't gambit!This moving is going to rock.Btw is this the last movie their making about X-men?

ChrisKo
03-15-2006, 02:43 AM
As long as we get the fastball special, I'll love it! :)

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 03:31 AM
As long as we get the fastball special, I'll love it! :)I forgot about that! There appears to be a fastball special involving Colossus (who has a big role in the film, BTW). I cant wait for him to do some damage.

I wan't gambit!This moving is going to rock.Btw is this the last movie their making about X-men?
Is this the last movie? The short answer is no, If this movie is successful.

The long answer is right now X-men is Fox's last big cash cow with Star Wars being over. There will be a Wolverine spin off (a prequel) and a Magneto spin off (prequel), but after that, I fully expect X4. Also, most new stars (Grammer, Jones, etc...) are signed onto do more, as well as older stars (McKellen).

X3 is the END of the THIS trilogy (Dark Pheonix Saga). That comes from the writers themselves. They've said all along that when you hear this is the end of X-men, it's taken out of context. These 3 movies are a trilogy.

The great thing about X-men is that there are A). Tons of great storylines (I want a Mr. Sinister storyline for X4, and that way X5 can slowy introduce Apoc and X6 can finish the Apoc storyline) B). Tons of other characters (like Gambit for instance) to explore. One reason I do like the fact Gambit isn't in this one, is to refresh the next trilogy. It will be an intro to a character fans want (it's all about $).

Also, the X-men are about characters, and not actors. If someone doesn't want to return, they can be replaced. There are some exceptions like Patrick Stewert, Ian McKellen, Jackman (to an extent). However, the Rouge's, Iceman's, Jean Grey's, Cyclops's (although Marsden loves playing Cyke), Storms, etc... Can be replaced with ease if needed, IMO. Plus as I said X4-6 can introduce a bunch of great characters like Bishop, Gambit, Cable, Sinister, Apoc, Emma Frost, etc... As well as bring some new guys in x3 (Beast, Angel) to the forefront in the next trilogy...

If Fox was for sure going to close the X-men movies, it would not have signed the new guys to 3-4 year deals. Fox (like everyone else) loves money, and the X-men movies have been great for profits. This one looks better then first two combined both in terms of character developement, emotion, action, and political undertones (which is what the X-men are founded on). I see this one being huge ($300+ million) and X4 on the horizon (2009 being the release).

ILPhinFan88
03-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Nice thread Magneto, I've read most of this stuff before we must hang out in the same areas. Just waiting for the movie now, it happens to come out on my anniversary. I told her a while back... dont make any plans for May 26th and she got a big smile on her face. Then I said X-Men 3 comes out that day and the smile was replaced with :mad:

So I'm seeing the movie friday night and going out with the wife for the weekend, its gonna be a good weekend. :hump:

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice thread Magneto, I've read most of this stuff before we must hang out in the same areas. Just waiting for the movie now, it happens to come out on my anniversary. I told her a while back... dont make any plans for May 26th and she got a big smile on her face. Then I said X-Men 3 comes out that day and the smile was replaced with :mad:

So I'm seeing the movie friday night and going out with the wife for the weekend, its gonna be a good weekend. :hump: Why not go to the midnight showing instead of waiting till mid day/evening Friday? That would cover your bases.

Also, (as I'm sure you're) I'll be seing V for Vendetta this Friday. The X-men trailer is in that movie.

Motion
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
X-Men 3,4, and 5!?!?!?!

Gambit in the next one!?!??!

Sentinels!?!??!?!

AWESOME!

ChrisKo
03-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I forgot about that! There appears to be a fastball special involving Colossus (who has a big role in the film, BTW). I cant wait for him to do some damage.

Ya, I can't wait for Peter to finally get some good screen time and F some ppl up!

A). Tons of great storylines (I want a Mr. Sinister storyline for X4, and that way X5 can slowy introduce Apoc and X6 can finish the Apoc storyline)

I'd love that as long as we get the Horsemen story line with Death; Archangel! Can you imagine seeing Archangel on the big screen? Man!

I've avoided reading all the X Movie info, but how far back are they going in the Wolverine spin off? I'm assuming they'd use the whole WeaponX story line that was already setup by X2.

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Ya, I can't wait for Peter to finally get some good screen time and F some ppl up!

I'd love that as long as we get the Horsemen story line with Death; Archangel! Can you imagine seeing Archangel on the big screen? Man!

I've avoided reading all the X Movie info, but how far back are they going in the Wolverine spin off? I'm assuming they'd use the whole WeaponX story line that was already setup by X2.

IMO, the only reasons to intrduce Angel is 1). He's one of the first X-men and 2). Archangel.

The Wolverine storyline is going to be about the weapon X project. Hopefully, they'll include Alpha Flight and that storyline.

Motion
03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Can't wait to see more of Colossus.

CharlestonPhan
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
sidebar: do you guys know a web site that could get me caught up on the last 10 to 12 years or so of the storylines of the X-Men comics???

when i gave up reading the comics, the story revolving around who would betray the X Men in the future was just getting rolling good. Bishop was pretty new to the X universe and Cable was becoming huge in it. never heard how that storyline panned out but all signs pointed to Gambit and Bishop was flat out accusing him.

was hoping to be able to at least read a synopsis of the storylines and follow along that way.
thanks.

Prime Time
03-15-2006, 08:33 PM
So there will be a 4 and 5....?

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 09:42 PM
sidebar: do you guys know a web site that could get me caught up on the last 10 to 12 years or so of the storylines of the X-Men comics???

when i gave up reading the comics, the story revolving around who would betray the X Men in the future was just getting rolling good. Bishop was pretty new to the X universe and Cable was becoming huge in it. never heard how that storyline panned out but all signs pointed to Gambit and Bishop was flat out accusing him.

was hoping to be able to at least read a synopsis of the storylines and follow along that way.
thanks.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/

Best place to get caught up. Not sure what series you're talking about, but they're all here. Maybe it's AoA? Odds are though, it's Uncanny X-men series.

I personally like the Ultimate x-men series.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showfaq.asp?fldAuto=16

If X3 is successful, X4-6 will probably happen. As I said, X-men are Fox's last big franchise now that SW is gone. If they keep making money, X4-6 are more then a strong possibility.

Clark Kent
03-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Kelsey Grammar was interviewed by the Toranto daily news. It was very boring, but there was one tid bit.

Q. Is there any other information you can tell us about the upcoming x-men3?
A. I'm not allowed to say much but I can tell you this. There will be a surprise character at the end of the film setting his character up for a possible x-men4. But that's all I can say.

Mr. Sinister or Apoc is my guess...

Clark Kent
03-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Ratner confirms Sentinels!

http://iesb.net/fox2006/032006.php

Q: There were a few things that we saw on set that looked amazing

BR: I can tell you that there were things that I wanted to put into this movie. After going through all the reference material, Simon and Zak are the biggest X-Men aficionados in the world. Looking at X-Men with a critical eye, the first two movies, and seeing and figuring out, because I worked with his team, what decisions and why decisions were made by Bryan. After going through it all and realizing, hey, there were certain things that I wanted to get into this movie, you will have to wait to see the movie but I wanted to get stuff like the Sentinels in the movie, you know the danger room into the movie. They tried and tried to do it in the last two movies but couldn't. I don't know because of budgets or who knows.

The interview is interesting.

1). Ratner swears a lot...

2). He seems really excited about this film

3). I'm excited with this film. It's an interesting interview, so I would read it if you're interested in X3 stuff.

ACIN (aint it cool news) has been bashing this movie from production with no knowledge of anything. However, Quint (a writer there and a former basher) has said he's heard very good things about the private screenings (keep in mind, not all special effects are done, so the story must be good).

ILPhinFan88
03-21-2006, 10:19 AM
This movie keeps sounding better and better

Motion
03-21-2006, 10:26 AM
This movie keeps sounding better and better

No kidding!

Clark Kent
03-21-2006, 06:42 PM
NEW PICS!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/xmen3s55eq-1.jpg
Prof. X and Magneto go to Jean's parents home to get the Pheonix. There is a scene in the trailer where Xavier is lifted out of his chair by the Pheonix (and Magneto is on the groudn... This pic you see now) and Magneto is screaming "CHARLES!!!". The Pheonix is pissed.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/xmen3s79mc-1.jpg
This one just looks cool. Beast actually looks good (I was hoping he didn't look lame).

Prime Time
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Sentinels....:woot:

bullseyeguy
03-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Naybody remember the toy "My Pet Monster"? When I look at that pic of Beast, thats all I can think of....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Clark Kent
03-22-2006, 02:46 AM
*New Brett Ratner interview*

From the new Wizard quotes and summaries by Mike Cotton of Wizard Magazine.

On Brett Ratner:

1) He admits he knows what fans and critics say about him. He's hear the name calls from anonymous internet posters that he'll "ruin the X-Men", and that Twentieth Century Fox "should have waiting for Singer to finish Supermam instead of hiring a hack directorwith no real knowledge of the X-Men Univers, "but those naysayers don't worry him. IN fact, by the look of things, as Ratner laughs and shows a gaggle of wide-eyed reporters around the set re-creating part of Alcatraz Prison, those critics may be what's driving him to make what some are calling the best X-Men film to date. "I can't pay attention to it; I'd go crazy, he says as rumors begin to circulate among the journalists that components of a Sentinel-the mutant hunting robots that stalk the X-Men in teh comics-are hidden somewhere on the set.

Brett Ratner

2) "I might describe this as 'X-Men: Armageddon," says Ratner, The film will finally introduce Beast played by Kelsey Grammer, into the cast; debut the long awaited Danger Room, and make Giant Mutant Hunting Robots a reality, at least on the big screen. "It's the Final battle. Every scene in thist film is based on a page from the comics...says Ratner".

More quotes cleary stating this isn't the last X-Men film

3a) But if one is to believe the "X-Men 3" cast and crew, this film is not just a "spin-off point" for planned Wolverine, Magneto, and Young X-Men flicks (and a rumored Storm one, too) it's a new beginning full of endless possibilities and -as many point out-the most inventive X-Men movie script they've ever read.

3b) ...but don't believe the hype when it comes to a possible "end" to the X-Men saga with this 3rd movie, according to Producer Ralph Winters, "There are lots of stories to pull from," he says with a smile. "I don't think anyone is planning this as a final film."

More on Brett

4) But the pressure put on Wolverine's unbreakable bones and warriors heart are nothing compared to what Ranter feels every day; handling the 100 million dollar plus budge, coddling aware-winning actors egos, dealing with a studio rushing forward to a May release, and keeping at bay a rabid fan base ready to tear into the smallest imperfections. He also has to walk around the shadow of Singers legacy and must answer to the thousands of fans who still rally around stories by names such as Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, Grant Morrison, and Whedon ( who was ironically a front runner for the vacant X-Men director's seat before Ratner.

But Ratner hopes that not only is he ready to meet the fans' expectations, he's going to exceed them by doing the unexpected.

Also, Xavier himself, Patrick Stewert told an English talk show that the title "The last stand" is a ploy for $ and that he doubts X3 is it...

TJamesW_phinfan
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
I wonder if they will beef rogue up to the point where she is more physical combat wise with enhanced strength and toughness. I think she got that way after over draining wonder man or something like that, ...been a lot of years. :)

Clark Kent
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=469

There are 3 new TV spots. They were on American Idol, House and ESPN... They're pretty cool.

ILPhinFan88
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
New Pics

GRAPEAPE
04-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Daddy likes X-men:D

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Early reports had me fearing for the franchise. But the more I hear and see, the more hopeful I become.

ILPhinFan88
04-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Behind the scenes video, they are shooting one of the last scenes of the movie.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=27a31a8c-ecdc-46c9-b1bc-55291100c539&f=01/64

ILPhinFan88
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
More pics

Motion
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM

That guy looks like a real prick :lol: :rolleyes: :tongue:

ILPhinFan88
04-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Full X-Men: The Last Stand Site Live!

It's updated

http://www.x-menthelaststand.com/

ILPhinFan88
04-19-2006, 04:39 PM
7-Minute X-Men Preview to Air on Fox!

Fox (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14161#) will air a 7-minute preview of X-Men: The Last Stand (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4662) on Thursday, May 11 from 8:30-8:37pm ET/PT! The preview airs right before the series finale of That '70s Show, which is on from 8:37-10:00pm ET/PT

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14161

Clark Kent
04-19-2006, 06:27 PM
7-Minute X-Men Preview to Air on Fox!

Fox (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14161#) will air a 7-minute preview of X-Men: The Last Stand (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4662) on Thursday, May 11 from 8:30-8:37pm ET/PT! The preview airs right before the series finale of That '70s Show, which is on from 8:37-10:00pm ET/PT

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14161Keep up the great work! I'll have to remember... Damn that's far away.

Mephistopheles
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I hope a mediocre like Ratner can prove us wrong and give us a great film.

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM

ILPhinFan88
04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Keep up the great work! I'll have to remember... Damn that's far away.

Did you see my post on the page before this, the website has been updated.

Clark Kent
04-29-2006, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aHf5rDwas

Hugh Jackman was on the tonight show and this was the clip.

I am a little disappointed. The scene seemed cliche and campy (like something from fantastic 4 or Hulk). Maybe it was intended this way. Check it out though.

TJamesW_phinfan
04-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I love that they found a way to include that technique that colosus and wolverine used in the actual comic with colosus throwing wolverine . :)

ILPhinFan88
05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
MY Space for X3, dont forget to watch the 7 minute special thursday @ 7:30

http://www.myspace.com/xmenthelaststand

Motion
05-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I just saw two new commercials over the weekend.

Clark Kent
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I just saw two new commercials over the weekend.I saw one new one.

I'm getting excited about this movie...

ALSO I posted the video from leno and I said the vid was dissapointing... The writer (Simon Kinberg) answers all Q and A (no spilers) about the movie and he said that the clip was

a). chopped up to show more of jackman

b). All the special effects were unfinished.

So my worries have subsided. If you want to read the writers Q and A go to Xverse forums. Those guys have been great.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW: Highlight to read. BEWARE...

It seems that the jr. novel has shown that Cyke dies at alkali lake. His body shakes and his molecules let go and he disinigrates (SP?). The same happens to Xavier when he and Magneto go looking for Jean at her old home. Jean gets stabbed by Logan at the end of the movie. Some other really cool things. This is it folks, no x4 if the jr. novel holds true to the movie.

ILPhinFan88
05-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Dont forget tonight

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/stormprofessorx027qc-1.jpg

ILPhinFan88
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Did anyone else watch it, not much more than I have already seen. Here is a link for those who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4L6LaLYFgI

Slappy8800
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
when is this out?

ILPhinFan88
05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
when is this out?

May 26th, also my wedding aniv. :D

Slappy8800
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
thought so...good 2 weeks at the movies...davinci code then X3

Slappy8800
05-12-2006, 05:31 AM

i looooooooove famke :drool:

ILPhinFan88
05-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Some nice clips, I like the second one. :D

http://www.justupit.com/b131de11516c322b69706a8d5c1198e8

http://www.justupit.com/85ee2c2300c682007d0b51f8717bd389

ILPhinFan88
05-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Here is a link to the offical clip, alot better quality.

http://thelaststand.dell.com.edgesuite.net/sneakpeek/video/large.wmv

TJamesW_phinfan
05-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Here is a link to the offical clip, alot better quality.

http://thelaststand.dell.com.edgesuite.net/sneakpeek/video/large.wmv

Damn that is looking good. Gramer seems to be doing a good job at capturing Beast's intelectual side. I was hoping they would beef Rogue up a bit to her more physical ways of combat but I guess not yet. Still looks great.

I wasn't home and missed the preview thanks for posting that. :)

Motion
05-12-2006, 09:40 AM
thought so...good 2 weeks at the movies...davinci code then X3

Good month really, MI:3, Poseidon, Da Vinci Code, and X3 4 weeks in a row.

Clark Kent
05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Good month really, MI:3, Poseidon, Da Vinci Code, and X3 4 weeks in a row.

We'll the first two I can care less about. MI2 sucked, and Poseidon is a hacked up version (with Kurt Russell no less) of TPA. I'm saving my money for the main event (DVC and X3).

Motion
05-12-2006, 09:55 AM
We'll the first two I can care less about. MI2 sucked, and Poseidon is a hacked up version (with Kurt Russell no less) of TPA. I'm saving my money for the main event (DVC and X3).

I thought MI:3 was pretty good. :(

ILPhinFan88
05-12-2006, 02:58 PM
New Pic

ILPhinFan88
05-14-2006, 03:31 PM
For anybody who wants to know what happens in the movie pm me and I can give you a link to someone who has seen the movie.

ILPhinFan88
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
This Friday. :D

ILPhinFan88
05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
X3 Magneto Shot Deleted

NEW YORK—Brett Ratner, director of the upcoming sequel X-Men: The Last Stand, told SCI FI Wire that he shot a scene featuring an Osama bin Laden-like Magneto (Ian McKellen) making threats in a tape recorded in an underground lair, but that the scene was deleted from the film's final cut. In the finished film, audiences will see a tape that Magneto recorded while in hiding, but the scene as it plays out differs from Ratner's initial conception.

"I think that was something that I came up with, which is because originally—and you will probably see this on the DVD—my original concept for Magneto was to have him like Che Guevara when we first saw him, ... in military fatigues with a long beard because he has been in hiding," Ratner said in an interview here. "I actually did a shot where he was in that underground lair with the long beard, and he's sitting there, and Pyro [Aaron Stanford] comes in and says, 'They've announced a cure.' That's the one scene that's not in the movie that I shot, which was fun. But that's how we came up with the tape." X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26. —Ian Spelling

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=36262http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DrAstroZoom
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
X3 Magneto Shot Deleted

NEW YORK—Brett Ratner, director of the upcoming sequel X-Men: The Last Stand, told SCI FI Wire that he shot a scene featuring an Osama bin Laden-like Magneto (Ian McKellen) making threats in a tape recorded in an underground lair, but that the scene was deleted from the film's final cut. In the finished film, audiences will see a tape that Magneto recorded while in hiding, but the scene as it plays out differs from Ratner's initial conception.

"I think that was something that I came up with, which is because originally—and you will probably see this on the DVD—my original concept for Magneto was to have him like Che Guevara when we first saw him, ... in military fatigues with a long beard because he has been in hiding," Ratner said in an interview here. "I actually did a shot where he was in that underground lair with the long beard, and he's sitting there, and Pyro [Aaron Stanford] comes in and says, 'They've announced a cure.' That's the one scene that's not in the movie that I shot, which was fun. But that's how we came up with the tape." X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26. —Ian Spelling

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=36262http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/images/spacer.gif

Wow ... I'm glad they deleted that one. Sounds kind of silly.

Prime
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Can't wait until the movie comes out. It should be a good one.