PDA

View Full Version : Review -- BLACK by EA games

JPhinfan86
03-15-2006, 04:54 AM
At first glance you may think its a fresh title but unfortunately (as has been the trend with ALL games by EA) it's a re-hash of a previous title or concept.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Madden is essentially identical each year since entering the PS2 arena in 2001. NCAA is identical to Madden and now AFL is now fundamentally a replica of both NCAA and Madden.

The Burnout series is identical in the major aspects to Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, NFS: Underground 1 and 2 and Most Wanted is Underground with (for whatever horrible reason) real people acting in the cutscenes. Now to be fair I did find NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 to be an enjoyable experience....the rest can collect dust for all I care.

Black is a re-hash of Battlefield with a featured ability to destroy the environment around you. An example would be: There are enemies standing on a balcony, shoot the structure and it'll collapse, killing your foes. Not near as useful as I was lead to believe. Another example would be the fact that I tossed a grenade inside of a car and very little changed after the explosion. I tossed another and there was not difference after that....I was hoping for more. Whatever I suppose. Working at Rhino we had nothing but non-stop hype for this title so alot was expected of it and it didn't necessarily fail but it wasn't up to par. It suppose I could rate it 7 out of 10 because it is a decent shooter....I just don't like feeling as if i'm playing the same game again. I'm just bit tired of their 'restructure and retitle' policy at Electronic Arts. However, sales don't lie though I suppose. :lol: :dunno: