PDA

View Full Version : Review - Need For Speed: Most Wanted

JPhinfan86
03-15-2006, 05:02 AM
This title aggrivated the crap outta me. It felt like a replica (which it is) of other EA racing games, as I mentioned in my 'Black' thread. It has the core elements in place from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, NFS: Underground 1 and 2 and Burnout. Something EA has done with Madden, NCAA football, and now arena football. Black and Battlefield are also in this category.

One of my issues with NFS: MW was the horrible horrible concept of using actual actors for in-game cutscenes. It was done horribly and has never been a useful concept. Another title few may know of is exclusively for XBOX, it's called 'Maximum Chase' uses the same element. I swear it feels like playing an extremely low budget movie. The acting is horrible and the incorporation to game play is laughable at best.

The environment in NFS: MW is far to gloomy for me. There is a very depressing overcast in the games weather mechanics that just makes me want to turn this game off. I'm not sure if anyone else was bothered by this, but this was my experience. The racing mechanics of this game are decent but far too similiar to other EA racing titles..so much so that I just couldn't get into it. If you've been into this series from day one you'll love it, if you've been bothered by a non-progressive feel in the series like me you'll be bored to death. It's extremely difficult to rate this title fairly because everyone is in it for their own reasons. I'll say if you loved the other I'd give it a 7 1/2 out of 10. If you didn't particularly care for the others I'd rank it 6 out of 10....this would probably be me. :dunno: