PDA

View Full Version : Review - 25 to Life

JPhinfan86
03-15-2006, 05:14 AM
This game has been recommended by media outlets as a "SOCOM" players best similar title. I think that description does a horrible injustice to SCEA's and Zipper Interactive's fantastic series. You may notice that this game is the brainchild of Eidos....a company who's only real knockout hit (in my opinion) has been the Tomb Raider series. I don't personally enjoy that series but it's been long-standing so enough said.

25 to Life is a run and gun title with no real strategy...completely taking it out of Socom's class. The attempt to make a hood-styled SOCOM didn't come off very well. I'd like it if someone could tell me if online play makes this title shine because single player has it dropping like a log. With the graphics and targeting mechanics I experienced, I'm not too optimistic but hey, anything's possible.

To it's credit I somehow actually enjoyed the opening cutscene. It's one of the better back-drop storylines I can remember in a videogame. It tells the story of a man with some down to Earth issues that are shown well in cutscene form....it almost makes sense. :lol: It's just unfortunate the actual game itself doesn't follow suit. I personally rate it about 5 1/2 out of 10. It is absolutely possible that online play is it's saving grace.

dominizzo
03-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Garbage game i don like it

mor911
03-16-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm so so sorry you had to sit through that game... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.