PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno Apologizes to Offended Viewer

BAMAPHIN 22
03-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Jay Leno knows that comedy means sometimes having to say you're sorry. After Leno's "Tonight Show" aired a sketch that compared Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident to a 2003 videotaped shooting outside a Los Angeles courthouse, he received a letter of complaint from a viewer.

Wendy Brogin, a friend of shooting victim Gerald Curry, wrote to Leno condemning the recent sketch as offensive and asking him to "do the right thing relative to this matter."

Within days, Leno responded with a phone call that greatly impressed Brogin, the Daily News of Los Angeles reported Tuesday.

"He said, `Hello, Wendy, this is Jay Leno'," she said. "`I'm calling about the letter you wrote and I want to apologize. I just want to let you know we make mistakes sometimes and we don't mean to hurt people.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060315/ap_on_en_tv/tv_leno_s_apology;_ylt=AoGj30jgyngI5ZA0FlHcS3Gs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Jimmy James
03-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Jay Leno is a nice guy, but he wouldn't know funny if he stepped in it. This just confirms what I have always believed about him.

The Tonight Show will be much better off in Conan's hands.

WharfRat
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
The Tonight Show will be much better off in Conan's hands.

uugghhhh... please tell me you're kidding... Conan is a sophmoric twerp who has never, ever even made me crack a smile.... :barf:

Rocky Raccoon
03-15-2006, 01:07 PM
uugghhhh... please tell me you're kidding... Conan is a sophmoric twerp who has never, ever even made me crack a smile.... :barf:

Conan is by far the funniest late-night guy Wharf...he's the only one who actually makes me laugh on a regular basis. I love the way he always makes fun of himself and his show.

Jimmy James
03-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Conan is by far the funniest late-night guy Wharf...he's the only one who actually makes me laugh on a regular basis. I love the way he always makes fun of himself and his show.

I actually think we have a pretty good crop of these shows right now. I find everybody's show but Leno's watchable. Craig Ferguson does something totally different from what I have seen in years, and it really works well for him. He's a star on the rise. Jimmy Kimmel is pretty much exactly what you'd expect him to be. Letterman is a shell of himself, but that shell is still pretty damned good. Hell, even Carson Daly does a pretty good job. Conan really is the best, though.

Skeet84
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah Conan is really the only Late Night show I will whatch is to me its not even close with Conan being the best!

HysterikiLL
03-15-2006, 03:20 PM

Amen. I can't stand Conan and I'm glad I'm not alone.

byroan
03-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Leno's the only guy I watch.

ChrisKo
03-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I like Conan, but bring back the Craiger!!!!!!! Ferguson has got his thing, but he's not the same as the Craiger. Wonder what he thinks about the Daunte trade?

tucker
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
conan is the best at interviewing also..he's quick witted plus he's funny...jay leno just gets by on his sketches..kimmel is ok and letterman is decent, but conan is by far the funniest

Buddwalk
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM

conan is funny but lenos a true pro...conan is a screw up but i love watching him :yes: