PDA

View Full Version : Stern: CBS head a 'jerk' and 'bully'

BAMAPHIN 22
03-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Two months after jumping to satellite radio, shock jock Howard Stern took his feud with his former bosses to their own airwaves in a late-night TV rant against CBS Corp. chief Leslie Moonves, calling him "one of the biggest jerks on the planet."

Appearing Monday on CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," Stern stepped up his recent campaign in the media to defend himself against a breach-of-contract suit brought by CBS last month seeking hundreds of millions of dollars from the ribald radio host.

What made Stern's latest diatribe so unusual was that it was conducted on Moonves' own network during a celebrity guest spot promoted by CBS for several days.

"I believe you are working presently for one of the biggest jerks on the planet, Leslie Moonves," Stern told the "Late Show" host. "He's a bully, Dave."

Letterman, who opened his show saying that Stern's absence from commercial radio was "like having a loved one who's passed away," came to Moonves' defense, crediting the network chief with the recent ratings turnaround at CBS.

The CBS feud with Stern, who battled federal regulators for years over broadcast decency standards, stems from his surprise decision in October 2004 to leave the public airwaves and join subscription-based Sirius Satellite Radio.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/15/television.stern.reut/index.html

Pagan
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Has-been.

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Has-been.I'm surprised to hear you say that... :wink:

Pagan
03-15-2006, 02:07 PM
:lol:

Roman529
03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Seems like Stern spent a lot of his time promoting his new satellite deal while being on "CBS's dime." It would be just like you or I selling E-Bay products while at work using another companies computer.....you can't do this. I can see CBS suing him and winning.

Clark Kent
03-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Seems like Stern spent a lot of his time promoting his new satellite deal while being on "CBS's dime." It would be just like you or I selling E-Bay products while at work using another companies computer.....you can't do this. I can see CBS suing him and winning.

Except, he was told he could mention satellite radio, but not by name (Sirius). Also, they had buttons to mute him if they wanted to (he mentioned them on Letterman).

Basically, this is a joke. Stern will win, and Stern is working on a counter suit.

Pagan
03-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm just happy that Stern was on Sean Hannity yesterday and finally admitted that he had a gag order placed on Opie & Anthony when they all worked for the same company.

Sorry, but that just reeks of hypocrisy. The man who ranted and raved for ten years that the FCC wouldn't allow him the freedom to speak and made a living off making fun of other people, but goes behind the scenes and has two other radio jocks ordered to stop talking about him or else they were fired.

Hannity - But if you're a strong supporter of free speech...
Howie - Yeah.
Hannity - ...and you, and you say, and you say..
Howie - I'm a strong supporter of MY free speech.
Hannity - ..but if, allright, but if...well, but thats the point. If you say they can't talk about you or mention you...
Howie - Right.
Hannity - ...and you have the power because you're Howard Stern and you're making all this money for the company...
Howie - Absolutely, uh-huh.
Hannity - ...isn't that a little hypocritical?
Howie - Sure, may be, but you know what? I win they lose.

What a fegghit. :shakeno:

HysterikiLL
03-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Pagan, you and Stern go to the same barber right? :chuckle:

Pagan
03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Not quite. I take care of my hair, he looks like the witch from Bugs Bunny. :wink:

That's no way to get my vote, ya know. :lol: