PDA

View Full Version : i love McMike....but......

footballer
03-15-2006, 11:07 PM
look, im not trying to start no isht, but if Vernon Davis is there at 16, do you want him?

I personally want safety Mike Huff, but realisticly know he shunt be there at 16...and yes, I know Davis wont be there either, but was wanting to gauge opinions on that position, and how an upgrade would fit...and for those who dont know about davis, google him..he's sick.

btw, i love McMike, but I'd draft the dude in a heartbeat.. ;)

Dors156
03-15-2006, 11:10 PM
w/o a doubt i would get him.he is to good to pass up

se7ensaw
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Absolutely no way he will be at 16. But, if somehow he were, especially with our first wave of free agent signings, you would have to draft him just with him being BPA. It is a comparable argument to should we bring in TO even though we have Chambers, don't necessarily need to upgrade, but if you can, do it. I do think at the position, we need to decide soon whether or not Teyo Johnson is going to be our #2 TE or not, I think it is a position in which depth needs to be taken care of.

Urlithani
03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I say no.

That draft pick will be used for a position we are considered poor at to make it serviceable or even better.

Taking a TE and getting rid of McMike is pretty much taking a position we are strong at and making it a little stronger. Maybe.

MofoPhin
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
no... im not gonna get an unproven tight end with a good combine over a top 10 or even top 5 TE in the league

Motion
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
No way he falls out of the top 10, but if so you definitely make the pick. McMike needs to step up anyway.

Vertical Limit
03-15-2006, 11:16 PM
I think Vernom Davis will end up in Arizona -- Unless they go for a QB. Arizona needs a tight end, to fit with Edgerrin James, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Vernom Davis can be that guy, but Arizona also needs a franchise QB.

Phinja
03-15-2006, 11:17 PM
A TE with 4.3 speed? You damn right you cant pass that up! If only to run an UNSTOPABLE 2 WR 2 TE formation

CC, McMike, Davis, Brown, Culpepper, and (dare I say it?) TO.....

Thats not Just the most talented offense in Phins History, It would be the most talented offense in the league, PERIOD. With Indy losing Edge, that line up would compare favorably to any other, hands down.

Heh, I guess one can dream...

se7ensaw
03-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't think anyone is saying draft him as the immediate replacement, or even a replacement to groom. I think what everyone is saying you can't pass up a guy with that talent if he falls to you. Remember when Randy Moss fell to the Vikings, they had Cris Carter and Jake Reed. They didn't need another WR, and I am sure they had more glaring needs, but Moss was too good to pass up. As would Vernon Davis would be if he fell to #16. Which he won't.

Roman529
03-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Tight End would be about 8th on our list of priorities...why mess with McMike when he gets it done and will be a great target for Culpepper? :confused:

footballer
03-15-2006, 11:20 PM
no... im not gonna get an unproven tight end with a good combine over a top 10 or even top 5 TE in the league

dude, ive seen every game of his ( i live in VA ) and can tell you honestly,

the combine scores only made him SICKER!!!!!

canesfins13
03-15-2006, 11:22 PM
I am not a big McMichael fan and if we can replace him and trade him away I am all for it.

Doakle
03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd get on the phones and see how much I could get in a trade, if Vernon Davis is the stud he is made out to be, surely some team in the 20s would give up multiple picks to move up and get him.

Critical draft rule: never blind yourself over a single player. Its about collective value over time.

DolphinDevil28
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
There's NO WAY he'll be there at 16, but HYPOTHETICALLY, if he was....

HELL YES.

Anyone who talks to me knows I'm a huge advocate of taking the absolute best player available regardless of position.

Besides, you guys do realize that even though he has "TE" next to his name, Davis has the skill set of a dominant wide receiver?

He doesn't have to play on the line. We'd very easily be able to split him wide or in the slot and still have Randy McMichael on the field.
In fact, I believe he'd fit in PERFECTLY with our offense.

Randy's playing time would not be effected at all if we somehow got Vernon Davis.

Imagine on the field at one time:

Chambers, Booker, McMichael and Vernon Davis in the slot with Ronnie in the backfield and Daunte calling the shots.
:drool:

Welker4Prez
03-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Thats the most absurd comment ive ever heard....
we are sitting upon a ageing defense and have major probs in the secondary & o-line and you are even considering drafting a tight end?

besides the fact that randy mcmicheal is one of the top 5 T.Es in the league

Like the old saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it =)

StlDolfan
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Vernon Davis will go in the top 10 and will be "Antonio Gates" good.

Outrider01
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm a senior at The University of Maryland this year. I've watched every snap Vernon Davis has taken. The man is clearly top 10 talent and this discusion is moot being that the fins draft at 16.

The value a player like Davis brings would be impossible to pass up at 16. This guy is gunna light up the TE position a la Gates/Gonzalez.

If the Falcons were smart they would make a move for Davis, run two TE sets with he and crumpler, send out flyer WR's and invent "The Mike Vick Offense."

bojang1es187
03-15-2006, 11:34 PM
is awesome but i thin this is the case where u have to take need over bpa. we gott to many holes to fill but maybe we can fill them in fa so i dont know it all depends...

se7ensaw
03-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I've heard the saying if it aint broke dont fix it. But if you are driving a Corvette, and can also add a Lamborghini, you do so.

King Felix
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
what really has mcmichael proved? that he is a wife beater? to be real he isnt as good as ppl hype him up 2 be.....but anywayz id get davis and trade away mcmichael for some oline or secondary.

footballer
03-16-2006, 12:07 AM
this is not a hate mcmike thread.. i even prefixed it with " i love mcmike"......

King Felix
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
i know im just saying he is waaaaaaay overhyped.

Skeet84
03-16-2006, 12:56 AM
No way he can't block and McMike has got alot better at that and will be used alot more this year or at least should be!

Motion
03-16-2006, 11:46 AM
No way he can't block and McMike has got alot better at that and will be used alot more this year or at least should be!

He better be, he definitely dropped off towards the end of the season last year. For someone as vocal as he is, he needs to back it up.

Philter25
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM
If Davis was there, which he wont, I would see if I could trade down. There should be a handful of calls to us if Vernon is there at #16. I would use it to trade down.

PublixSubsRule
03-17-2006, 03:55 PM
i think you always look to improve and also i would probabaly do it then run a lot of 2 tight end sets or try to move davis to wr at first i doubted that but when he ran like a 4.4 or 4.3 i was like wow he could play wr

NorFlaFin
03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
This is pro sport. The operative is "pro". If Vernon Davis fall to 16 then you take Davis and immediately start fielding trade offers to McMike.

This is not hatin' on McMike is just pro sports. Everybody is upgradeable.

playmaker1
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
so, so, so dumb to draft him. He has talent, but why take him. We have McMike, he is a top ten TE. He has been hugh for us. Think about how much DC likes to throw to his TE. McMike is gonna have a big year! Mark my words. We have way bigger needs than dreaming that a TE falls to us

playmaker1
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah, not sure about you guys, but I stay away from VD :sidelol:

jlfin
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM

Unproven? He proved a lot in college. The guy is a unique talent. He's faster than Antonio Gates.
RM isn't even in the same class

playmaker1
03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Unproven? He proved a lot in college. The guy is a unique talent. He's faster than Antonio Gates.
RM isn't even in the same class

saying he prooved alot in college doesn't mean anything. The majority of the guys he "prooved" himself over will never play ball in the NFL. He hasen't prooved anything till he does it in the NFL.... the way MC Mike has