03-16-2006, 10:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5408652

I like our pick.

playmaker1
03-16-2006, 10:23 PM
I love the Lawson pick

Phins28
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I love Manny Lawson but he is a early second round pick. I see saban go OL or DB

albyfinfan
03-16-2006, 10:34 PM
I love Manny Lawson but he is a early second round pick. I see saban go OL or DB
no way lawson slips to the 2nd rd., hes flying up the charts all over the place. i luv the pic and would also luv it if we could slide down a couple spots and still pick him up but i seriously doubt it

Skeet84
03-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't like our pick for the Fact that I think that LB is not as big a need as CB. We already have decent LB's who can play there if we don't draft him. We really don't have a Lockdown corner and very little depth plu we are reaching on a guy who is just like Jason Taylor. I would much rather trade down and even if we don't draft a DB! I would take Jason Allen, Antonio Cromartie, Jonathan Joseph, Ko Simpson, Jimmy Williams, and even Tye Hill. i know Tye Hill does not fit our scheme, But he fits the biggest need!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
i like lawson, and i wouldn't mind getting him (see my sig), but after the culpepper trade i want to trade down to maybe the late first.

Silverphin
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
i like lawson, and i wouldn't mind getting him (see my sig), but after the culpepper trade i want to trade down to maybe the late first.

I say we take him. If we trade down, even better. But the problem is, people want us to take him in the second. What are the chances of him being available in the second when we pick in the second round. But I would love to trade down.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-16-2006, 10:50 PM
we need DB so badly though. unless we get a 2nd rounder, we got to go that route in the 1st.

Silverphin
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
we need DB so badly though. unless we get a 2nd rounder, we got to go that route in the 1st.

I agree. But if we do trade down, I say Manny Lawson in the first, Jason Allen in the second.

SR 7
03-16-2006, 11:23 PM

no way on the OL. heck no especially if we get ashworth then no way i see that possible.

Mexican Buc
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Oooo I really hate it. I would HATE to get Winston with the 1st especially with this much talent on the board.

Now way in hell we pass on Holmes who has JG replacement written all over him.

Motion
03-17-2006, 02:06 PM
We need Ko Simpson.

Vertical Limit
03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
If we grab Julian or Lavar, Lawson will not be our pick.

Motion
03-17-2006, 02:21 PM
If we grab Julian or Lavar, Lawson will not be our pick.

Exactly

DcRy82
03-17-2006, 02:36 PM
i would like lavar over peterson for injury reasons... but yea, i have been harping DB since day one for our first pick...although could you imagine throwing in another playmaker on offense like Holmes or Jackson?? that would be sick. If Jackson's hands are more consistant (i thought that was his knock) he could be like a faster TO minus the baggage.

Philter25
03-17-2006, 02:48 PM
but yea, i have been harping DB since day one for our first pick...

Really? Well then you must be a genius because before we signed Shelton, everyone from day 1 was having us pick an OT...... Last year's first Mock's had us taking Winston, then shortly after some mocks then had us taking an OLB, then it was Justice, and now its an OLB or a CB. I have only seen a few mocks that actually have us taking a S at #16 because Huff is the only S worth taking in the top 16. All the other ones right now, and have been, a reach.

Motion
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
i would like lavar over peterson for injury reasons... but yea, i have been harping DB since day one for our first pick...although could you imagine throwing in another playmaker on offense like Holmes or Jackson?? that would be sick. If Jackson's hands are more consistant (i thought that was his knock) he could be like a faster TO minus the baggage.

:confused: Not true at all, he has amazing hands.

Motion
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Really? Well then you must be a genius because before we signed Shelton, everyone from day 1 was having us pick an OT...... Last year's first Mock's had us taking Winston, then shortly after some mocks then had us taking an OLB, then it was Justice, and now its an OLB or a CB. I have only seen a few mocks that actually have us taking a S at #16 because Huff is the only S worth taking in the top 16. All the other ones right now, and have been, a reach.

Not everyone has said we'd take a OT 1st round.

Philter25
03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Not everyone has said we'd take a OT 1st round.

When the mocks ORIGINALLY came out, we had Madison on our roster along with Poole and Daniels. We had no LT and no OLB and no safeties. Almost all original mocks I have seen, and when I say original mocks I mean the ones that came out halfway through the college fb season, had us taking Winston at LT as our top pick. I didnt see a single one having us take a CB. Cromartie was NOWHERE near the 1st round and Jimmy Williams was a solid consensus top 10 pick when the first mocks came out. There were no other CBs listed in the top 20 picks in the draft. Youboty, Hill, and the other CBs were all 2nd rounders. All the safeties, except Huff who was a projected top pick, would have been a huge reach in the 1st so I dont think when he says "DB" he was talking about a S.

He said he was pushing DB since day 1. Well then he must have been a genius to know we would sign a LT and release Madison after he made the pro bowl.

Motion
03-17-2006, 03:14 PM
When the mocks ORIGINALLY came out, we had Madison on our roster along with Poole and Daniels. We had no LT and no OLB and no safeties. Almost all original mocks I have seen, and when I say original mocks I mean the ones that came out halfway through the college fb season, had us taking Winston at LT as our top pick. I didnt see a single one having us take a CB. Cromartie was NOWHERE near the 1st round and Jimmy Williams was a solid consensus top 10 pick when the first mocks came out. There were no other CBs listed in the top 20 picks in the draft. Youboty, Hill, and the other CBs were all 2nd rounders. All the safeties, except Huff who was a projected top pick, would have been a huge reach in the 1st so I dont think when he says "DB" he was talking about a S.

He said he was pushing DB since day 1. Well then he must have been a genius to know we would sign a LT and release Madison after he made the pro bowl.

I see your point. But even with Madison, its well known we needed secondary help.